Will you cancel your Carnival cruise?

mfs2k

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

Not cancelling our cruise....I'm watching for price drops:D.

No I will not cancel. Still looking very forward to going on another fabulous Carnival cruise.

Galveston is my homeport and I can say that I'd be hesitant to book on Triumph ever. After seeing the pictures of the disgusting things passengers did to her, I can't get past it. They vanadalized that ship! Some people really played into it. Depricating in halls and soiling mattresses just because? Writing on walls. Urinating in the halls. Really, why?

I keep hearing about how they had no food to eat but had to poop in bags. Well my goodness, how is there so much pooping going on without food?

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Nope, saw a price drop already this week and jumped on it. Booked our 8th cruise this morning!

Someone said if a plane crashes, would I still fly or if a car pileup, would I still drive. The answer is yes. However, if the same airlines have multiple accidents due to equipment malfunctions, than I would avoid them. Same with a car. I wouldn't buy a car that has bad ratings. This is called consumer choice. No, I won't stop cruising, but I will make choices on safer bets.

Are you going to cancel?

Absolutely no plans to cancel our B2B for 2014. Hopefully, we'll receive price drops, too.

I don't stop driving because of a 10-car pileup, but I take my car into the shop ASAP when I receive a safety recall. I don't stop flying because of a plane crash, but if a plane crashed due to a mechanical problem and other planes of the same model had the same potential problem, I wouldn't fly on one of those planes until the issue was fixed. I won't stop cruising because of this incident, but I will think twice about booking with CCL.

I would be hesitant - not because of the accident itself, but because of the allegations that the ship had previous mechanical problems and CCL neglected to repair them. I'm not an expert on CCL and I haven't followed this story as closely as most people around here have followed it, so I don't know the truth of those rumors. I'm sure the truth and the rumors will be sorted out soon, but for now, the rumor that I've heard is that CCL knew that the ship had problems, and that concerns me.

If I was booked on another CCL ship, I would probably still go - but I'd be thoroughly researching beforehand and re-reading everything about the ship that I could find to make sure there weren't any mechanical issues with this ship. If I was booked on the Triumph - even if it was months away - my decision would depend on the extent of the repairs completed. Ultimately, I would not risk my family's safety if I was uncomfortable with any cruise line's commitment to safety.

As a new cruiser (one prior cruise) researching a second cruise, I will probably go with another cruise line. I understand that this could happen on any cruise line - but it happened on a CCL ship, and all other things being equal, if I'm debating between CCL and another line for my next cruise, this incident happened on CCL. It looks like they've handled it as well as they could, but having no loyalty to ANY cruise line, I'll pick another.

I don't mean any offense to anyone who likes CCL, and I hope that your fares do go down as a result of people like me going elsewhere.

I agree completely! Yes this ship had been having engine problems for months, having to miss ports, sewage problems, etc yet Carnival continued to allow this ship to cruise! We were booked on the 2/2 cruise and if we had had the option to cancel we would have cancelled this cruise. It turned out to be the worst cruise we have ever had, 7th Carnival cruise...Sewage smells in our room and in different parts of the ship, leaking water or something on the glass elevators, floors flooded in the lido restaurant the last night as the ship listed!

No plans on canceling here, we have the Breeze booked for October and we are looking at January to book another. Any time you travel there is some risk involved no matter where you go or how you get there. The media got what it wanted out of this, blow everything out of proportion to get ratings as they do with anything.

i love cruising and love carnival and have never had any bad experiences,,,im sure this cruise really sucked for those people towards the end of their trip but at least they all survived and without any injuries etc,,,they fared way better than the people on concorda:(

we have an upcoming trip on victory and are still looking forward to it :D

It's unfortunate that that cruise was spoiled due to mechanical failures. The fact is, all mechanical things always have a chance of breaking down.

I've had cars break down but still buy cars. There are plane crashes too, but how many people flew to go on that cruise do you think.

I think the engineering staff could have done a better job on service since the ship was reporting mechanical issues already. Maybe a little better inspection could have been done, however this issue may be totally unrelated.

I'm glad everyone has been brought to shore safely and I'm sure the crew was doing everything in their power to accommodate the passengers.

I'm sure there are some first time cruisers that will think twice, but they need to look at the first 3 or 4 days of their cruise to determine if they would cruise again.

I'm currently booked for my 5th cruise in just under 6 years and plan to go on many more with Carnival and others in the future.

I do hope everyone that was scheduled to be back at work works at a good enough place to not take it out on the passengers and forgive the missed days. For those that aren't getting paid I would hope Carnival helps with that as well if the $500 doesn't cover it.

Got my thoughts in and agree with others...."stuff happens".

Someone said if a plane crashes, would I still fly or if a car pileup, would I still drive. The answer is yes. However, if the same airlines have multiple accidents due to equipment malfunctions, than I would avoid them. Same with a car. I wouldn't buy a car that has bad ratings. This is called consumer choice. No, I won't stop cruising, but I will make choices on safer bets.

I agree completely. A 10-car pileup or a plane crash are poor comparisons given the situation. A better comparison would be 'I receive a safety recall on my car and ignore it.' Not me - I take my car to the shop ASAP. Or you could say, 'If I find out that a particular model of aircraft has mechanical problems, I make sure I book a flight on that type of plane before they're fixed.' Again, not me - I would cancel my flight and rebook on a different type of jet.

Accidents can happen, yes. Negligence increases the risk of accidents. While I do not avoid the general issue (driving, flying, cruising), I seek the safest option for my family.

Archived