Will you cancel your Carnival cruise?

mfs2k

Heck then nobody FLY anywhere!!! I have had so many delays and have been stuck in more airports then any cruise I have ever been on. I think it's rediculous to cancel a cruise when we all know it was an accident and Carnival did everything they could. From what I hear the crew went above and beyond. I even read someones room steward slept in the hallway in case anyone needed anything. Now that is why I sail Carnival and always will. I think the media needs to report the POSITIVE stories and not the negative ones. I'm so sick of it all.

I agree completely! Yes this ship had been having engine problems for months, having to miss ports, sewage problems, etc yet Carnival continued to allow this ship to cruise! We were booked on the 2/2 cruise and if we had had the option to cancel we would have cancelled this cruise. It turned out to be the worst cruise we have ever had, 7th Carnival cruise...Sewage smells in our room and in different parts of the ship, leaking water or something on the glass elevators, floors flooded in the lido restaurant the last night as the ship listed!

That sucks - I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. It sounds like there were numerous problems with this particular ship.

Nope!! Cruising in 5 weeks and very excited. I don't doubt what those people went through was horrible, but I think there is a small chance of it happening again so soon. Our last cruise was just weeks after the Splendor incident. Guess we cruise at the right time!

Nope, no plan to cancel. My thought is that Carnival may be the safest for the foreseeable future. I remember when there was an airline crash, that airline went "over board" (sorry about the words) to make sure their planes were safe. i would think Carnival would do the same thing to try and get better publicity. Just my 1 cent worth (can't say 2 cents - not worth that much)

I was thinking the same thing. After all the media attention on this unfortunate accident I think Carnival will be more diligent in their inspections and safety procedures in the foreseeable future. Am I hoping I can catch a fare reduction - well yeah. But I was this time last year too. After years of trying to convince my 76 year old mom to take a cruise, she finally agreed and we cruised aboard the Fascination last fall. And it was her idea to book the Dream for this fall back in January. While I never wavered on my decision to cruise this fall, I worried about her. She called last night to say "I will be sure and pack some peanut butter crackers this time."

Cancel my cruise? Nope.

Nope. I'm ready to hit up Europe on Carnival come this summer. I thought about the entire situation and if I lose power at my house- it's basically back to primitive life like you'd find on what Triumph experienced (minus sewage running down walls). Does it suck? Heck yes. Well pumps are fickle. Have I purchased a generator? No.

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

We are sailing on March 16th aboard the Miracle's repo gruise from NY to CA. We have absolutely no intention of cancelling this cruise, or changing any of the upcoming that are currently in the planning stages.

Carnival has, and will continue to have our business. Ship happens, and it could happen to any cruiseline.

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

Will NOT be cancelling my April Mexican Riviera cruise coming up. And it may be that the prices that you are hoping will "drop" are the reason that these engine failures/fires etc. are happening in the first place?

I have been wondering if all cruise lines are cutting costs in order to make cruising more affordable for the masses and this is one of the reasons that resulted in this latest fire and resulting disaster on the Triumph? I would be happier to go back to the levels of 20-30 years ago when cruising was safer, offered more BUT the prices did reflect it.

Will NOT be cancelling my April Mexican Riviera cruise coming up. And it may be that the prices that you are hoping will "drop" are the reason that these engine failures/fires etc. are happening in the first place?

I have been wondering if all cruise lines are cutting costs in order to make cruising more affordable for the masses and this is one of the reasons that resulted in this latest fire and resulting disaster on the Triumph? I would be happier to go back to the levels of 20-30 years ago when cruising was safer, offered more BUT the prices did reflect it.

It will be interesting to see if the USCG & BMA/NTSB reports indicate any skimping on maintenance.

If I recall correctly Azamara Quest suffered an engine disabling fire just over a year ago. Fortunately it was eventually able to restore enough power to make it into port. Azamara is hardly a budget cruise line.

I was thinking the same thing. After all the media attention on this unfortunate accident I think Carnival will be more diligent in their inspections and safety procedures in the foreseeable future. Am I hoping I can catch a fare reduction - well yeah. But I was this time last year too. After years of trying to convince my 76 year old mom to take a cruise, she finally agreed and we cruised aboard the Fascination last fall. And it was her idea to book the Dream for this fall back in January. While I never wavered on my decision to cruise this fall, I worried about her. She called last night to say "I will be sure and pack some peanut butter crackers this time."

Cancel my cruise? Nope.

We were on the Dream, and I miss her! She will love it too! Its huge.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Archived