Will you cancel your Carnival cruise?

mfs2k

Oh my God! I'm so nervous now for our July6 Breeze cruise. I mean, I always thought nothing can happen when I travel. And now this? I mean, this probably happens all the time. I just don't read the papers enough. Why did I watch the news now? Just a few months before my cruise. Now I have to worry that this might happen to us. When I booked it I really, REALLY thought this would be the perfect vacation! Now I have to second guess what I did. This really sucks cause I love the ocean but refuse to sleep in a hotel on the beach ever since the tsunami in Thailand.

I wanted to go to Japan, but they seem to always have tsunami's and earthquakes also.

My wife wanted to go on a guided tour through Russia, but I reminded her that they had a major problem in Chernoble a few years ago. Sorry. Can't take the chance!

We were gonna go to Australia a few years ago but then half of Australia caught on fire! This is just so depressing. Why can't I just go somewhere and not have to worry so much.

Any suggestions on what I can do that is 100 percent worry free? Please somebody help me.

:D hehehe

Nope, not cancelling. We have been booked on TRIUMPH for May 20th, for about a month now, and several of my family members are going. We aren't cancelling,...as a matter of fact, while watching CNN coverage of the "Cruise from hell",...my good friend called and booked hers and her daughters cabins on the Triumph, on May 20th with us. We all feel that the NTSB will be on this ship immediately to investigate what happened to cause the fire, and then will make every stride to insure it never happens again! So, after all of the repairs, etc., Triumph could very well be the safest ship in the fleet. Either way, ...if she is sailing on May 20th, we will be onboard with a slushy drink in our hands ready for vacation! CHEERS and Bon Voyage!!!:D

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

All the media attention will more than likely lead to higher booking rates, not lower.

I have saild with Carnival 38 times all 7 -12 day sailings and leave this Sunday on another B2B on the Glory, I will not let this last problem stop me from sailing with Carnival, Why are relatives having such a hard time communicating with Carnival? They are not having trouple! Why are the Carnival telephone lines busy all the time? because so many are calling with stupid questions! Why did the Carnival spokesman constantly change the facts regarding the incident? because new information keeps coming available! What good is the sister ship doing providing hot meals and more supplies! Why is it taking 4 hours to provide a cold sandwich? because everone wants to be first and 3500 people come at once for them!

So all the news reports are in error regarding relatives communicating. What is your source to the contrary? So when a relative calls and asks about the situation, that is a stupid question. So as new information keeps coming in, you keep changing what has already been said. That should bring confidence to the relatives. What hot meals from the sister ship? Sounds like another of those changes. All 3,143 passengers came to the food line at the same time. OK if you say so but that is not what is being reported on the national news.

Given time, we will get the entire story. At this point I am still skeptical.

We leave on February 23rd for our sixth Carnival Cruise on a sister ship of the Triumph...the Freedom. We have no intention of canceling or to stop cruiseing with Carnival. This could have happened on any other line just as easily as it happened on Carnival.

I had an interesting talk with an elderly gentleman yesterday. He couldn't figure out why Carnival didn't take an empty ship out there to rescue those people. I explained to him that the cruise industry isn't like a school that has an extra bus or two sitting out in their parking lot in case of a breakdown on one of their busses.

Then he said that they should have canceled one of the cruises from another ship so that they could use that empty ship to transfer the guests on the Triumph. I then explained that now instead of 4000 unhappy cruisers, you now have 8000. I swear, some people don't think before they open their mouths.

Oh my God! I'm so nervous now for our July6 Breeze cruise. I mean, I always thought nothing can happen when I travel. And now this? I mean, this probably happens all the time. I just don't read the papers enough. Why did I watch the news now? Just a few months before my cruise. Now I have to worry that this might happen to us. When I booked it I really, REALLY thought this would be the perfect vacation! Now I have to second guess what I did. This really sucks cause I love the ocean but refuse to sleep in a hotel on the beach ever since the tsunami in Thailand.

I wanted to go to Japan, but they seem to always have tsunami's and earthquakes also.

My wife wanted to go on a guided tour through Russia, but I reminded her that they had a major problem in Chernoble a few years ago. Sorry. Can't take the chance!

We were gonna go to Australia a few years ago but then half of Australia caught on fire! This is just so depressing. Why can't I just go somewhere and not have to worry so much.

Any suggestions on what I can do that is 100 percent worry free? Please somebody help me.

I guess you would have to die.:D:D;)

I guess you would have to die.:D:D;)

Or just stay home! Oh, wait! A hurricane could freakishly happen.....:eek: (BTW - I live on the Jersey shore. My house survived but over 1300 homes in my township didn't.. :( )

Nope - not gonna cancel my B2B in November. Life is too short to worry about everything. The airplane could go down, I could get hit crossing the street to the airport.......

I am sailing on 4/7 on The Pride, I have never even thought of cancelling because of the Triumph. Things happen that are beyond anyone's control. I feel sorry for the crew, who were probably cussed out by irate passengers. I am a 1st time cruiser, and already planning number 2, before I have even sailed #1

Well, my cousins were supposed to be on the cruise that was coming back today. And they were going to be book a "future cruise credit" for themselves and us so we will all have a girls' cruise.

But now obviously they didn't get to sail and we have no "future cruise", except they have a 25% voucher as part of the compensation.

I am not ready to completely write off Carnival yet. But it will not be the same plan we had before. We were thinking of the 8-day Halloween cruise on Legend. But now I think we want to stick with a newer ship and definitely avoid hurricane season on Carnival.

So maybe Breeze in early December? Knowing that it's a very new ship I think it will be safe. It will all depend on when and how long we can all get days off together.

This hasn't affected my desire to cruise. I will cruise with Carnival in the future, as well as other lines. I may now give more consideration to the age of a ship - but as I type this I realize that when I sailed to Hawaii on the Spirit it was not a young ship and obviously had no issues.

I was scheduled to go on the Triumph on 2/25. I understand from the communications from Carnival, that my fare for a future 5 day cruise is locked in at the rate paid for the cancelled cruise and also receive 25% savings. They have offered to pay any nonrefundable out of pocket expenses. All in all a very fair offer. I have no out of pocket expenses because I was going to drive, my hotel and prepaid long-term parking was refunded by great merchants in the Galveston area. They understand what it takes to make me happy and keep my business.

I don't think anyone can ever plan for or imagine all the possible contingencies that can occur in any situation. I am sure that Carnival and OTHER cruise lines will learn from this situation and know better how to react if there are future situations.

We just booked our next cruise, added more people to this years and our waiting for September 2014 to open so we can book another.

As my DH and I explained to our family and friends, we would take a fire on a ship over one on a plane or sitting at a resort when it's hit by a hurricane.

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

No, I will not cancel my current cruise. And as soon I know when I can go again, I will book another.

I don't have a cruise booked for this year but considering one for January 2014. Of course Carnival is always a consideration and if the price is right I will book. Price always determines my decision. If I get a better deal on another line then I book with them. :D

Archived