Will you cancel your Carnival cruise?

mfs2k

Already have cancelled it (8-day Breeze voyage had booked for this fall). Not because of this event but because of some glaring safety issues I experienced on the Celebration in October. I've got 30+ cruises with Carnival. The last one was my last one.

Wishing you all the best on your Carnival voyages.

No. Just like the splendor once the passengers are home and the ship is under repair, all the hoopla will die down and most people will simply forget about it and continue with their cruises. on this message board eventually things will settle down and people will go back to being their snarky selves arguing about the cheers program, chair hogs, MDR food, entertainment, and other (in the grand scheme of things) insignificant things.

I will admit after my Splendor swine flu cruise I thought I would never set foot on a carnival cruise ship again. They may have compensated us, but it was not right out the gate. In the end, I redeemed my compensation within one week of expiring, hand a great time and met nice people. As you can see in my signature, I picked right back up with at lease a cruise a year. Sure there will be some people that will never sail again, just like I will never set foot on board the Splendor (after that fire I've been known to say there's bad juju on that ship).

When ever I travel, to a degree I pack for worst case scenarios. The last thing I say to BubbaQ is "I love you," simply because you never know what's going to happen and it might be the last time I talk to him. Plane, Train, Ship, Car, Train, it's just what we do.

I probably would cancel if I could. We booked our upcoming trip with an ES rate and therefore can't cancel. It's true that "accidents will happen". However, I find it very unnerving that "accidents" keep happening to Carnival owned ships. The chance that my ship might catch on fire and we might lose power, toilets, food, etc. seems much higher for a Carnival owned ship than for say a Disney ship. It seems to me that after what happened to the Spledor, they should have fixed whatever problems they were having and that caused all the problems on that ship. Apparently, that wasn't a wake-up call to them because here we are again. Again, if I hadn't booked with ES, I would cancel and rebook with another line. I'm not going to stop cruising, but I will not book another cruise through Carnival.

I am a Carnival booster and have sailed Carnival 15 times with 7 and 8 day cruises. In addition, I put in 2 years on a US Navy Cruiser so I definitely am not a novice to sailing. I gave Carnival the benefit of the doubt when I heard the news. Accidents do happen but where I fault them is their recovery process.

For instance, why are they running out of food so quickly? Did every thing spoil in a couple of hours? Why is it taking 4 hours to provide a cold sandwich? What good is the sister ship doing other than to provide an antenna for cell phones and a platform for the life boats to go to should the ship begin to sink? Why are relatives having such a hard time communicating with Carnival? Why are the Carnival telephone lines busy all the time? Why did the Carnival spokesman constantly change the facts regarding the incident? He did the same with the recovery process. Why is the emergency power so inadequate? How big was this fire to completely gut all engines and all working functions on the ship? Will every Carnival ship experience the same problems as the ships age? These are important questions and many more could be asked.

After two other major ship incidents, you would think that Carnival would have a master plan to handle major problems at sea. Just to be towed back to the nearest port is only a small part of the solution. So as with all corporations, you need to regulate them. Define what is required and fine them for non compliance. Don't expect them to provide the solution on their own since the profit motive will take preference. I think the US Coast Guard needs to review the entire problem and to mandate that corrections need to be made.

This really bothers me to say this because as I said, I really like Carnival. In fact I am single digit to my next cruise. Am I worried? Not enough to cancel the cruise but like so many, I feel they got to do better.

I am a Carnival booster and have sailed Carnival 15 times with 7 and 8 day cruises. In addition, I put in 2 years on a US Navy Cruiser so I definitely am not a novice to sailing. I gave Carnival the benefit of the doubt when I heard the news. Accidents do happen but where I fault them is their recovery process.

For instance, why are they running out of food so quickly? Did every thing spoil in a couple of hours? Why is it taking 4 hours to provide a cold sandwich? What good is the sister ship doing other than to provide an antenna for cell phones and a platform for the life boats to go to should the ship begin to sink? Why are relatives having such a hard time communicating with Carnival? Why are the Carnival telephone lines busy all the time? Why did the Carnival spokesman constantly change the facts regarding the incident? He did the same with the recovery process. Why is the emergency power so inadequate? How big was this fire to completely gut all engines and all working functions on the ship? Will every Carnival ship experience the same problems as the ships age? These are important questions and many more could be asked.

After two other major ship incidents, you would think that Carnival would have a master plan to handle major problems at sea. Just to be towed back to the nearest port is only a small part of the solution. So as with all corporations, you need to regulate them. Define what is required and fine them for non compliance. Don't expect them to provide the solution on their own since the profit motive will take preference. I think the US Coast Guard needs to review the entire problem and to mandate that corrections need to be made.

This really bothers me to say this because as I said, I really like Carnival. In fact I am single digit to my next cruise. Am I worried? Not enough to cancel the cruise but like so many, I feel they got to do better.

I have saild with Carnival 38 times all 7 -12 day sailings and leave this Sunday on another B2B on the Glory, I will not let this last problem stop me from sailing with Carnival, Why are relatives having such a hard time communicating with Carnival? They are not having trouple! Why are the Carnival telephone lines busy all the time? because so many are calling with stupid questions! Why did the Carnival spokesman constantly change the facts regarding the incident? because new information keeps coming available! What good is the sister ship doing providing hot meals and more supplies! Why is it taking 4 hours to provide a cold sandwich? because everone wants to be first and 3500 people come at once for them!

No way will I cancel...accident's happen. People die everyday in car accidents and I still drive everywhere. I am planning on booking another cruise while on the Liberty next month. While this was a bad situation, things could have been so much worse. Cruising, just like flying or anything else has risks....albeit small ones but risks none the less. If anything, I am very impressed with the crew!

Oh my God! I'm so nervous now for our July6 Breeze cruise. I mean, I always thought nothing can happen when I travel. And now this? I mean, this probably happens all the time. I just don't read the papers enough. Why did I watch the news now? Just a few months before my cruise. Now I have to worry that this might happen to us. When I booked it I really, REALLY thought this would be the perfect vacation! Now I have to second guess what I did. This really sucks cause I love the ocean but refuse to sleep in a hotel on the beach ever since the tsunami in Thailand.

I wanted to go to Japan, but they seem to always have tsunami's and earthquakes also.

My wife wanted to go on a guided tour through Russia, but I reminded her that they had a major problem in Chernoble a few years ago. Sorry. Can't take the chance!

We were gonna go to Australia a few years ago but then half of Australia caught on fire! This is just so depressing. Why can't I just go somewhere and not have to worry so much.

Any suggestions on what I can do that is 100 percent worry free? Please somebody help me.

Archived