Alchohol question

Tink78

No, any bottle of alcohol you purchase in the shops on board are taken and kept until the last night of the cruise. But, most cruise lines do have a bottle package where you can purchase alcohol by the bottle and have it for your personal consumption. Just check with the cruise line you're on to see what's offered.

Can you buy a bottle of spirit on board, like gin, vodka etc we don't drink enough to warrant the beverage packages.

You could check with the cruise line but they will likely sell you a bottle at a hefty price .It was available as I recall on Princess . You can slip it in your luggage and probably get it in . If they snatch it you'll get it back .:eek::eek::eek: You can put it in a plastic water bottle as well .That may look a bit better on an X Ray .

Independence, it says so on my countdown !!

I have all that stuff turned off - find it boring. However, that's RCI so the answer to your question is absolutely not. However, you may bring aboard two bottles of wine and order drinks including more wine to your cabin.

On some ships you can order a bottle of alcohol before you get on board. It will be waiting for you when you get to your cabin. But you will pay a big price for it. Cocktails aren't that high. My husband has a house gin & tonic for $5.25. House is less expensive and on Carnival the house gin is Beefeaters. I have house wine and its $5.75. If you don't drink a lot just buy drinks, not bottles.

Can you buy a bottle of spirit on board, like gin, vodka etc we dont drink enough to warrant the beverage packages.

depends on the line. most do not allow it, but a couple do have the option to buy a bottle for use in your stateroom. Celebrity is one I know of for sure, we are planning on maybe doing that on our April 2014 cruise for DH, who likes his whiskey.

Also, you could be doing research for another cruise that you haven't booked yet. When asking about policies, it's always a good idea to be specific about ship, cruiseline, etc. If it matters to the question, also specify what country you are a citizen of, where you are traveling from, etc. Do I need a passport is a question that just cannot be answered without much more information.

Archived