Official Meet & Greets ?

WesW

Is FJDLERIO really FDR? Of Oceania, etc? No way! Maybe Junior But not FDR!

Is this a pseudo CC?

Actually, I think it is really him. I doubt that Prestige Cruise Holdings would allow someone to represent themselves, since 2005, as such with it being true.

Here is the CC profile page link and here is a link to all his posts.

j

It is definitely the CEO of Prestige Cruise Holdings, Frank Del Rio that is posting. And, I do not feel he slammed anyone (although he is often slammed). He has always stated that he reads every post on Regent and Oceania and he does not lie. While I do not always agree with FDR, I have the highest respect for him.

Fizzy, I suggest that you read the food review on the Silver Shadow and the general review on the ship -- posted in the last few weeks. We have cruised Silversea and found them to be a good product (not quite as good as Regent but good). Something seems off with Silversea lately -- ships not being refurbished -- watered down orange juice, etc. I am sure that many of us are awaiting the "huge", "game-changing" announcement that should come forth from Silversea tomorrow, April 2nd. Whatever it is, I truly hope that Silversea will become the product it was two years ago.

It is definitely the CEO of Prestige Cruise Holdings, Frank Del Rio that is posting. And, I do not feel he slammed anyone (although he is often slammed). He has always stated that he reads every post on Regent and Oceania and he does not lie. While I do not always agree with FDR, I have the highest respect for him.

Fizzy, I suggest that you read the food review on the Silver Shadow and the general review on the ship -- posted in the last few weeks. We have cruised Silversea and found them to be a good product (not quite as good as Regent but good). Something seems off with Silversea lately -- ships not being refurbished -- watered down orange juice, etc. I am sure that many of us are awaiting the "huge", "game-changing" announcement that should come forth from Silversea tomorrow, April 2nd. Whatever it is, I truly hope that Silversea will become the product it was two years ago.

My own impressions from last week are recent enough for me. Corporate must get very irritated with comments like yours about "watered down orange juice" and may we ask what the "etc." is? There is a link mentioned on this thread regarding all of FDR's comments over time and it appears that you got rebuked a couple of times by the great one yourself for spreading misinformation. You seem to always say that he does not lie. Who cares? We have spent many fabulous vacations on the Navigator and Mariner and find the products very similar, including the outstanding crews. I am looking for an exuse to return at some point but I also agree that the excursions were the deal breaker. You have so clearly stated OVER and OVER that you have canceled your SS cruise because of your special information. If these forums are for sharing, I ask again......What is your inside info and what is the source? thanks...Fizzy

Having planned my own M&G (aka M&M), I can say that every moment of effort put forth was worth it. I even had magnetic calendars with the Mariner and dates of our sailing made for attendees (not my idea -- this was done at a M&G on the Mariner two years ago by a CC member.) Also made nametags with a picture of the Mariner, dates and "Meet and Greet".

Regent would never make the effort that the wonderful CC'ers make. We do a far better job that any corporation can do!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had the magnetic calendars given to us at our M & G which Ann, (Eager2Travel) organised at the beginning of this crossing.

My own impressions from last week are recent enough for me. Corporate must get very irritated with comments like yours about "watered down orange juice" and may we ask what the "etc." is? There is a link mentioned on this thread regarding all of FDR's comments over time and it appears that you got rebuked a couple of times by the great one yourself for spreading misinformation. You seem to always say that he does not lie. Who cares? We have spent many fabulous vacations on the Navigator and Mariner and find the products very similar, including the outstanding crews. I am looking for an exuse to return at some point but I also agree that the excursions were the deal breaker. You have so clearly stated OVER and OVER that you have canceled your SS cruise because of your special information. If these forums are for sharing, I ask again......What is your inside info and what is the source? thanks...Fizzy

Respectfully, 99 percent of your answers are on CC.

1. "etc" is clearly spelled on the SS board.

2. FDR acknowledged the misunderstanding approximately three years ago. I did not lie..... I repeated posts made by someone else on CC. I take FDRs comments graciously as he accepts mine.

3. As with anyone who reports information, sources are confidential. Again, read CC and you will learn a lot. Note, I cancelled my latest SS cruise while on board the Mariner. You can certainly look up my posts and determine where I repeated this information over and over.

Captain Dag is GONE.No one like him serves as The Master on the RSSC ships.
,,,I was on the same exact cruise(Sydney-Hong Kong) and in my opinion you are so wrong in your asessment that there is no way to reasonably reply...:mad:

Our first ( only, to date ) Regent cruise was in 2010. We didn't miss the CC gathering. On the other hand, last year we were warmly greeted in an Azamara CC gathering. The cruise director and many senior officers went out of their way to express support of the CC group. A little thing, but the hospitality seemed to be part of the tone for the entire cruise. Someday we will be back on Regent...lovely cabins. This year we are back on Azamara...warm hospitality.

Archived