14 Day Alaska itinerary - It's baacckkk!

Thanks to the poster who alerted me to this in the Alaska 2014 thread here on the HAL boards. And many thanks to HAL for hearing our pleas to bring back this wonderful itinerary! You done good:p.

Just posted today on the HAL website - in 2014, the amazing 14 day Alaska itinerary roundtrip from Seattle on the Amsterdam is back! Only one sailing per month for May, June, July and August of 2014 (w/7 day RT Seattle sailings in between), but I'll take what I can get;).

For those who don't know, it is a true 14 day itinerary w/no repeat ports, and it includes the little visited ports of Kodiak, Homer, and sails right up Cook Inlet to the port of Anchorage itself. It includes all the "usual suspects" of Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Icy Strait, with a day long stop in Victoria, BC, and Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier for scenic sailing days.

Doesn't include Glacier Bay anymore (although it did when I sailed in 2010), and Skagway was also dropped after 2010 (replaced with ISP) - but still a darn good itinerary that I have been fortunate enough to sail twice (2010 and 2011), and am chomping at the bit to do it again in 2014!

YAY!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

(now to see if DH will agree -- we're already committed to one cruise, that we are planning on spending waaaaaaaaaaaay more than usual on..... I doubt he will want to do another cruise/spend more $$$$ on the 14 day Alaska seeing as he's no big fan of Alaska ;) )

Does the Amsterdam not have verandahs? Doing a dummy booking, there's Oceanview then Vista Suites. No inbetween.

.........Vista Suites are the old Verandah Suites:

Copied from the new Deck Plans of Amsterdam's Verandah Deck (Deck 6) and Navigation Deck (Deck 7):

Vista Suites: (Verandah Suites)

A

B

BB

BC

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, whirlpool bath & shower, sitting area, private verandah, mini-bar, refrigerator, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 295–337 sq. ft. including verandah.

Room Amenities

Include all the stateroom amenities, plus:

• A variety of firm, medium, and soft pillows
  • No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining
  • Personalized cruise stationery
  • Oversized bath towels
  • One-touch telephone concierge service
  • Fresh flowers
  • Complimentary DVD library

B Accessible Verandah Suites

Verandah Suite

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, roll-in shower, sitting area, wide interior & exterior doors, private verandah, mini-bar, refrigerator. The schematic shown here displays the layout of stateroom B6225. Stateroom B6228 is a mirror image of this schematic.

Room Amenities

• Our signature Mariner's Dream™ bed featuring finely woven cotton linens
  • Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerheads
  • 5X magnifying make-up mirrors and salon-quality hair dryers
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
  • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

SA & SB Neptune Suites: (Deluxe Verandah Suites)

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, whirlpool bath & shower, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, mini-bar, refrigerator, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 568–644 sq. ft. including verandah.

Suite Amenities

• Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
  • Premium duvet, oversize bath towels and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
  • Hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
  • Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise
  • Cocktail party with ship officers
  • Priority boarding for tender ports of call
  • Special disembarkation service
  • Priority dining and seating requests
  • Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only
  • High tea service in suite on request
  • A special Suite guest lunch event on cruises over 7 days in length
  • A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

PS Pinnacle Suites: (Penthouse Verandah Suites)

Bedroom with 1 king-size bed, oversize whirlpool bath & shower, living room, dining room, dressing room, private verandah, pantry, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, mini-bar, refrigerator, guest toilet, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 1,181 sq. ft. including verandah.

Room Amenities

Include all the suite amenities, plus:

• A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

These are all Verandah/Balcony Suites on the Amsterdam.

They're renaming the suites like this is going to cause confusion for quite awhile and all we can do is bear with the renaming and hope the confusion ends sooner rather than later......

Thank you Linda for posting about the returned Itinerary!!! I now know that instead of booking another Panama Canal cruise for 2014, when we get back from our next cruise in May this year, we will be putting our FCC down on the 2014 Alaska itinerary!!! I wanted to do this cruise this year, but it had been removed:( NOW I GET TO DO IT!!! YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE:)

One question, when are you going??

Joanie

.........Vista Suites are the old Verandah Suites:

Copied from the new Deck Plans of Amsterdam's Verandah Deck (Deck 6) and Navigation Deck (Deck 7):

A

B

BB

BC

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, whirlpool bath & shower, sitting area, private verandah, mini-bar, refrigerator, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 295–337 sq. ft. including verandah.

Room Amenities

Include all the stateroom amenities, plus:

• A variety of firm, medium, and soft pillows
  • No-host mini-bar for easy entertaining
  • Personalized cruise stationery
  • Oversized bath towels
  • One-touch telephone concierge service
  • Fresh flowers
  • Complimentary DVD library

B Accessible Verandah Suites

Verandah Suite

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, roll-in shower, sitting area, wide interior & exterior doors, private verandah, mini-bar, refrigerator. The schematic shown here displays the layout of stateroom B6225. Stateroom B6228 is a mirror image of this schematic.

Room Amenities

• Our signature Mariner's Dream™ bed featuring finely woven cotton linens
  • Deluxe waffle weave and terry cloth bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerheads
  • 5X magnifying make-up mirrors and salon-quality hair dryers
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
  • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

SA & SB Neptune Suites: (Deluxe Verandah Suites)

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, whirlpool bath & shower, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, mini-bar, refrigerator, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 568–644 sq. ft. including verandah.

Suite Amenities

• Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise
  • Premium duvet, oversize bath towels and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers
  • Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night
  • Hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
  • Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise
  • Cocktail party with ship officers
  • Priority boarding for tender ports of call
  • Special disembarkation service
  • Priority dining and seating requests
  • Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only
  • High tea service in suite on request
  • A special Suite guest lunch event on cruises over 7 days in length

PS Pinnacle Suites: (Penthouse Verandah Suites)

Bedroom with 1 king-size bed, oversize whirlpool bath & shower, living room, dining room, dressing room, private verandah, pantry, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, mini-bar, refrigerator, guest toilet, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 1,181 sq. ft. including verandah.

Room Amenities

Include all the suite amenities, plus:

These are all Verandah/Balcony Suites on the Amsterdam.

They're renaming the suites like this is going to cause confusion for quite awhile and all we can do is bear with the renaming and hope the confusion ends sooner rather than later......

Joanie

I understand the renaming of the suites. I'm asking if there are no non-suite verandahs on the Amsterdam?

I understand the renaming of the suites. I'm asking if there are no non-suite verandahs on the Amsterdam?

Yes, there are. They are the A, B, BB & BC cabins. They don't have the old Superior Suite category (a step below the old Deluxe Suites on other ships) on the Amsterdam.

Ah Ha!! Now I understand the question:) From what I can see by looking at the deck plans for Amsterdam, they have converted all of the verandah/balcony staterooms to be:

Category: A, B, BB, BC

According to the Stateroom Description and stock photos, these staterooms do not have Neptune Lounge access so They are the same as the formerly known as "Verandah Suite" that had no access to the Neptune Lounge

The Neptune Suites, which were formerly known as "Deluxe Verandah Suites" SA and SB, make it more understandable that they are not true Suites with the Neptune Lounge, but still have a verandah/Balcony:)

BTW, I also wanted to apologize to you for not posting thanks to you when you posted the Original Posted Thread about the return of this awesome Itinerary.......I JUST found it a moment ago..My Bad:( But, I think it got lost in the other threads..

Seago42, I was double checking the HAL site while you were replying. Sorry, did not mean to step on your toes/reply to NoobCruise, twas not my intention!!

Joanie

Ah Ha!! Now I understand the question:) From what I can see by looking at the deck plans for Amsterdam, they have converted all of the verandah/balcony staterooms to be:

Category: A, B, BB, BC

According to the Stateroom Description and stock photos, these staterooms do not have Neptune Lounge access so They are the same as the formerly known as "Verandah Suite" that had no access to the Neptune Lounge

The Neptune Suites, which were formerly known as "Deluxe Verandah Suites" SA and SB, make it more understandable that they are not true Suites with the Neptune Lounge, but still have a verandah/Balcony:)

BTW, I also wanted to apologize to you for not posting thanks to you when you posted the Original Posted Thread about the return of this awesome Itinerary.......I JUST found it a moment ago..My Bad:( But, I think it got lost in the other threads..

Seago42, I was double checking the HAL site while you were replying. Sorry, did not mean to step on your toes/reply to NoobCruise, twas not my intention!!

Joanie

Not an issue at all! Your explanation gave a much more information, which was very helpful!

Having taken this cruise twice, we would love to do it again! If the cruise goes to the Hubbard Glacier, that is even better! We have friends in Anchorage who are always happy to see us. Thanks for the news!:)

Karen

Hi,

we took this cruise the first year it was offered. It did go to Glacier Bay, but the NPS controls the number of ships pssing through it and it needs to be booked years in advance. The best part of docking in Ancorage is that there are mant things you can do that you can't do on a regular cruise. We flew to Lake Clark to see the brown and black bears up close. There was also a katmai NP trip that the beard are even closer but weather cancelled that trip. Kodiak, I find so so but homer is cool. Walk to the end of the spit, sit outside and have lunch or a beer.

Enjoy.

thanks to the poster who alerted me to this in the alaska 2014 thread here on the hal boards. And many thanks to hal for hearing our pleas to bring back this wonderful itinerary! You done good:p.

Just posted today on the hal website - in 2014, the amazing 14 day alaska itinerary roundtrip from seattle on the amsterdam is back! Only one sailing per month for may, june, july and august of 2014 (w/7 day rt seattle sailings in between), but i'll take what i can get;).

For those who don't know, it is a true 14 day itinerary w/no repeat ports, and it includes the little visited ports of kodiak, homer, and sails right up cook inlet to the port of anchorage itself. It includes all the "usual suspects" of sitka, juneau, ketchikan, and icy strait, with a day long stop in victoria, bc, and tracy arm and hubbard glacier for scenic sailing days.

Doesn't include glacier bay anymore (although it did when i sailed in 2010), and skagway was also dropped after 2010 (replaced with isp) - but still a darn good itinerary that i have been fortunate enough to sail twice (2010 and 2011), and am chomping at the bit to do it again in 2014!

great news! Thank you for sharing it

We want to do this so bad. Hope we can arrange it May 2014. WOW over a yr away. Bill

I think this is the farthest out I have ever booked a vacation! Luckily, we have two land trips in between to make the time go by!:p

Hi,

Where did you see the dates. The HA site only goes up to Apr 2014.

Thanks

We saw it on HAL's site. I selected Alaska 14 Explorer under Destination. Maybe you need to log in & out again, refresh your browser or clear your cookies?

Archived