14 Day Alaska itinerary - It's baacckkk!

I figured all those cabins could not be booked yet. I figured it must be some kind of computer glitch with the new cabin categories.

Not so much a "glitch" as using the wrong category letter when requesting a cabin number.

I have since seen Lisa's thread about the change in cabin categories, especially to inside cabins on the S- & R-class ships. I went back to the HAL website and checked the deckplans, and that was the difference.

My "J" cabin is now an "I", and my "K" has been promoted to "J". When I use the new category designations with the preferred numbers, they both come up available for the date I'm looking at. :) Whew.

Now, do I want to book it??? ;)

Not so much a "glitch" as using the wrong category letter when requesting a cabin number.

I have since seen Lisa's thread about the change in cabin categories, especially to inside cabins on the S- & R-class ships. I went back to the HAL website and checked the deckplans, and that was the difference.

My "J" cabin is now an "I", and my "K" has been promoted to "J". When I use the new category designations with the preferred numbers, they both come up available for the date I'm looking at. :) Whew.

Now, do I want to book it??? ;)

Yes you do.

There is no telling if HAL will offer it in 2015, though usually HAL signs 3 year contracts with ports like Homer and Kodiak.

I was at a large vacation weekend where they had Holland America rep's I asked about the 14 day cruise (2014) and was told it was annouched yesterday. Some of the rep's did not know until I asked. I spend a long time talking about the cruise. I assumed it was back on the Amsterdam. so loook it up it may be on website.

mary

May 18th for me too.....let's see how the year pans out :D:D Love, Love, Love this :D Did an inside cabin on lower promenade, not a vernadah ... but just steps to walk the deck :D

That's great! I think it's going to be a fantastic cruise!

Thanks for posting this info. We couldn't do it before and were disappointed when it wasn't on the itinerary for 2013' will look forward to booking it for 2014.

:)

Thanks to the poster who alerted me to this in the Alaska 2014 thread here on the HAL boards. And many thanks to HAL for hearing our pleas to bring back this wonderful itinerary! You done good:p.

Just posted today on the HAL website - in 2014, the amazing 14 day Alaska itinerary roundtrip from Seattle on the Amsterdam is back! Only one sailing per month for May, June, July and August of 2014 (w/7 day RT Seattle sailings in between), but I'll take what I can get;).

For those who don't know, it is a true 14 day itinerary w/no repeat ports, and it includes the little visited ports of Kodiak, Homer, and sails right up Cook Inlet to the port of Anchorage itself. It includes all the "usual suspects" of Sitka, Juneau, Ketchikan, and Icy Strait, with a day long stop in Victoria, BC, and Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier for scenic sailing days.

Doesn't include Glacier Bay anymore (although it did when I sailed in 2010), and Skagway was also dropped after 2010 (replaced with ISP) - but still a darn good itinerary that I have been fortunate enough to sail twice (2010 and 2011), and am chomping at the bit to do it again in 2014!

Hi

It does not say inside passage. It changed last year when it had this route. They did not move it until we all started calling and getting different answers. the short tours between the 14 days are not going up the inside passage.

Mary

Would a kind soul post the itinerary details in full, please?

June 22nd Itinerary

22 Jun 2014 Seattle, Washington, US 04:00 PM

23 Jun 2014 Vancouver Island - Cruising CO

24 Jun 2014 Ketchikan, Alaska, US 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

25 Jun 2014 Scenic Cruising Tracy Arm CO Noon 05:00 PM

26 Jun 2014 Juneau, Alaska, US 08:00 AM 10:00 PM

27 Jun 2014 Icy Strait Point, Alaska, US TR 07:00 AM 04:00 PM

28 Jun 2014 At Sea

29 Jun 2014 Anchorage, Alaska, US 07:00 AM 11:00 PM

30 Jun 2014 Homer, Alaska, US 10:00 AM 06:00 PM

01 Jul 2014 Kodiak, Alaska, US 07:00 AM 03:00 PM 10

02 Jul 2014 Hubbard Glacier CO 02:00 PM 06:00 PM

03 Jul 2014 Sitka, Alaska, US TR 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

04 Jul 2014 At Sea

05 Jul 2014 Victoria, British Columbia, CA 01:00 PM 11:00 PM

06 Jul 2014 Seattle, Washington, US 07:00 AM

Wow that's a great itinerary! I have just been thinking about how I really need to step up to longer cruises and have been trying to decide between Panama Canal and Hawaii. Well now this has entered the mix. I will have to wait until a price drop though.

Hi

It does not say inside passage. It changed last year when it had this route. They did not move it until we all started calling and getting different answers. the short tours between the 14 days are not going up the inside passage.

Mary

The route map on HAL's site does show the ship going up the Inside Passage --- and the description does say Vancouver Island cruising.

When we booked the 2012 way back in 2011 the map showed the ship going and coming on the Pacific side so I knew way back in 2011 that she was not doing the Inside Passage at all like we had done in 2011.

Granted -- HAL still has lots of time to change that part of the itinerary.

I'm booked too! As soon as I read about it being back, I did not pass Go or collect $200. I called my TA and booked the cruise. And then I told my mother we were going!

I wanted to do this cruise this year but they took it off so we're going to the Med this year. Frankly, I'm much more excited about Alaska in 2014 than I am about the Med in six weeks!!

June 22nd Itinerary

22 Jun 2014 Seattle, Washington, US 04:00 PM

23 Jun 2014 Vancouver Island - Cruising CO

24 Jun 2014 Ketchikan, Alaska, US 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

25 Jun 2014 Scenic Cruising Tracy Arm CO Noon 05:00 PM

26 Jun 2014 Juneau, Alaska, US 08:00 AM 10:00 PM

27 Jun 2014 Icy Strait Point, Alaska, US TR 07:00 AM 04:00 PM

28 Jun 2014 At Sea

29 Jun 2014 Anchorage, Alaska, US 07:00 AM 11:00 PM

30 Jun 2014 Homer, Alaska, US 10:00 AM 06:00 PM

01 Jul 2014 Kodiak, Alaska, US 07:00 AM 03:00 PM 10

02 Jul 2014 Hubbard Glacier CO 02:00 PM 06:00 PM

03 Jul 2014 Sitka, Alaska, US TR 09:00 AM 05:00 PM

04 Jul 2014 At Sea

05 Jul 2014 Victoria, British Columbia, CA 01:00 PM 11:00 PM

06 Jul 2014 Seattle, Washington, US 07:00 AM

Thank you, thank you! It was tough to get to on the iPad.

:)

Archived