Luggage tags

Hate to say, but I am having a major brain lapse. I just finished filling our our on-line cruise documents. In the past, there was a link somewhere to order luggage tags, and, they were mailed to us.

We are sailing on Royal Caribbean Explorer Of The Seas in May.

Can anyone help me on where to find this link so I can order our tags.

Thanks

Dave

Hate to say, but I am having a major brain lapse. I just finished filling our our on-line cruise documents. In the past, there was a link somewhere to order luggage tags, and, they were mailed to us.

Thanks

Dave

No more mailed luggage tags unless you are Pinnacle or in a full suite. A full size image of your luggage tag will be available towards the end of your electronic documents, available about 49 days before the cruise.

Edited by clarea

Is it ok to print the luggage tags in black and white or should they be colored.

Thanks

From a pdf document http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/eDocs/12028078_Guest_Documents_Printable_Luggage_Tags.pdf

about the new printable tags:

Print as many tags as you like (color printing recommended).

I am sure that you'll get your luggage even if you print in black & white.

Edited by Lloyd555

I assume, the reason for color printing is because the color signifies the deck and it will help with initial sorting. The baggage handlers will need to read any luggage tags that are b/w.

Anything that speeds the process is a good thing.

I assume, the reason for color printing is because the color signifies the deck and it will help with initial sorting. The baggage handlers will need to read any luggage tags that are b/w.

Anything that speeds the process is a good thing.

Bingo.

For those in suites, do they send out the luggage tags automatically (a few weeks before the cruise?) or must they be requested?

Thanks,

Tom

You have to request them on the website. An "Order Luggage Tags" button should appear on the same page as your cruise docs, once the cruise docs have been issued.

Thanks

Dave

Check around day 49 for luggage tags if you are in a GS or above . We are at day 51 and nothing yet !

You have to request them on the website. An "Order Luggage Tags" button should appear on the same page as your cruise docs, once the cruise docs have been issued.

Hi, just got off the phone with Crown & Anchor regarding luggage tags. Yes, you can order your tags once your cruise docs have been emailed to you, about 49 days out. But if you are in a grand suite or higher and want the 'mailed to you tags' you have to request them thru Royal or your travel agent, if you booked thru one.

I was also informed it would be in our best interest, if we're going to be printing our tags, to print them in color. We're cruising Explorer in May. Guess I will be ordering our tags from our ta tomorrow! ;)

I don't own, or have access to a color printer, so my printed tags have been in black and white. I've been on at least five cruises with b&w tags with no problem.

Same here. Plus, if you get luggage tags from the porters instead, they are in black and white.

• 3 weeks later...
Check around day 49 for luggage tags if you are in a GS or above . We are at day 51 and nothing yet !

We got the email this morning that our cruise docs are ready. I think you are exactly right since we are at exactly 49 days. The button to request the luggage tags was right there too! I can do the doc dance as the docs are printing :)

In case you need tag holders, we (along with many others on CC) ordered luggage tag holders from the following online site: Favors by Serendipity.

They are very sturdy and have worked well for us. I purchased 6 and re-use them for each cruise.

Edited by kccrzr

In case you need tag holders, we (along with many others on CC) ordered luggage tag holders from the following online site: Favors by Serendipity.

They are very sturdy and have worked well for us. I purchased 6 and re-use them for each cruise.

You can also find 2" wide vinyl bookmark holders online for much cheaper than the luggage tag holders (I got a 5 pack on eBay for $3.50 including shipping). They fit the Royal Caribbean tags perfectly.

I'll also add a plug for my luggage tag tool which can automatically add your name to the tags and can optionallycombine 4 luggage tags onto a single page to save paper if you're using a tag holder instead of the fold-tape-staple method.

When we get the page with the luggage tag on, we print it off. Then we cut round the tag, and then copy it several times onto one piece of paper. The next step is to laminate the page, then cut the tags and punch a hole into one end. Then you can tie at least one tag to each case. We usualy have two on each case. Have used this method since RCL stopped posting them to us before the cruise.

Cost is only 80 pence (50 cents) for the laminating.