All Things Adventure of the Seas

I don't sail on Adventure till April but I am now second guessing my cabin choice! Currently we are a balcony starboard side very forward. But I am wondering if I should of booked port side? My reasoning being that I could sit in the balcony and watch the island go by as we leave each port going down their coastlines. Instead of only being able to watch it for a little bit till the ship turns fully south and I'll only be able to see ocean.

Thoughts?

For the actual ports that you will see, I agree with the rest of the posters- side doesn't matter much, as either can be out toward water (so they can drill both sides of the ship).

BUT.

For when you are under way....

The first night out of San Juan, the lit island will be on the ship's starboard.

But for the rest of the islands- the approaching and leaving, the islands will generally be on the ports side- since the ship stays to the inside of of the Caribbean. The question will be if you will be in your cabin or not during that time. If you think you will be- it may be worth changing sides. If not- then it's not that important.

Oh, and Go BLUE.

For the actual ports that you will see, I agree with the rest of the posters- side doesn't matter much, as either can be out toward water (so they can drill both sides of the ship).

BUT.

For when you are under way....

The first night out of San Juan, the lit island will be on the ship's starboard.

But for the rest of the islands- the approaching and leaving, the islands will generally be on the ports side- since the ship stays to the inside of of the Caribbean. The question will be if you will be in your cabin or not during that time. If you think you will be- it may be worth changing sides. If not- then it's not that important.

Oh, and Go BLUE.

Go Blue!!

Thank you to all who responded. I know that the actual side we port at will vary port to port and even sailing to sailing and on most of the islands both sides will have s view of the port. I was more thinking along the lines of Alfaeric here in terms of leaving.

However Laura made a great point about the smoking section. My wife has asthma and smoke is a trigger for her so as much as I would like to switch sides it looks like staying on starboard will be best. And if we want to see more of the islands as we leave we can just pop up to the top deck.

Thanks guys!

Regarding dress code in the main dining room. My husband wants to know if wearing nice dark jeans for the casual days was okay? Or, have they recently been enforcing the dress code? thanks!

Not on Adventure! Even on formal night, which ended up being ok. Formal nights were weird on our cruise. Day 2 was St Martin and day 3 was the first sea day, so of course the first formal night was St Martin. Our roll call was told that on the previous cruise with the same itinerary, Curacao was the 2nd formal night, which many didn't like because it was a late port, not departing till 10:30pm. We booked Chops for our Anniversary, Tuesday in Bonaire. After Chops, we decided to join our table mates in the MDR for dinner. We were dressed smart casual for Chops, but 4 of our table mates didn't notice this was the 2nd formal night and showed up in plain t-shirts and jeans. They , and we , were not turned away.

Edited by BillOh

Regarding dress code in the main dining room. My husband wants to know if wearing nice dark jeans for the casual days was okay? Or, have they recently been enforcing the dress code? thanks!

Dress suggestions are not enforced.

A better question to me is- why are you carrying jeans to Puerto Rico and the Caribbean? :D

I did on our first trip down many years ago, and took heed to my MIL suggestion that the rain forest can be cold. Then I learned that cold is very different to people from Michigan. Never took jeans again.:o

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure it's been asked and answered before but I'm hoping you won't make me go back and seek it out:D

Leaving next Saturday on the Adventure and couldn't be more excited. Never sailed out of San Juan before. What time is embarkation? What time is muster drill with the late set sail time? Is there anythimg to see/do around the Pan Am pier once we get our luggage on board the ship?

Please let us know your thoughts. Thank you so much for any help or advice😉

Tigers2425

Lori

I'm sure it's been asked and answered before but I'm hoping you won't make me go back and seek it out:D

Leaving next Saturday on the Adventure and couldn't be more excited. Never sailed out of San Juan before. What time is embarkation? What time is muster drill with the late set sail time? Is there anythimg to see/do around the Pan Am pier once we get our luggage on board the ship?

Tigers2425

Lori

Our experience has been hat they start boarding the ship between 11 AM and noon. There is nothing to do around the Pan Am pier. It is a short taxi ride into Old San Juan and it costs around $10.00 each way (per taxi not per person). I think the last time we sailed Adventure muster was around 5 PM. We have been on some sailings in the past when it was done between first and second dinner seatings but I don't think it has been done that way for awhile but I'm not sure.

Tigers2425

Lori

Last time we sailed on Adventure, there were two muster drills. One at around 5pm, as mentioned above, and another right before sailing for those who boarded later. Traditional dinner times were moved back by 30 minutes for the first night only.

A few notes on how the captain's bring the ship into port for St. Lucia and Antigua.

When captain Sean McDuff is on board he will back into both ports.

When captain Thomas Busto is on board he will pull in head first and turn around in the harbor.

Tigers2425

Lori

Always possible exceptions...but...normally the terminal opens around 11:00 to begin check-in and then they begin ship boarding around 11:30-12:00. Windjammer will be open for lunch. You can wander around the ship. There will be lots of employees with "promos" for beverages, specialty dining, spa, etc. You won't be able to go to your stateroom until 2:00 pm to dropoff your carry-ons, etc. Muster is usually at 5:45. If you haven't boarded the ship by 5:15 I would wait until 6:15 because if you get on while muster is occurring they will force you to your station with your carry-ons. There is a "make-up" muster at 8:00 pm for those that weren't onboard when muster occurred....but if you are onboard you will be expected to be at the muster.

Always possible exceptions...but...normally the terminal opens around 11:00 to begin check-in and then they begin ship boarding around 11:30-12:00. Windjammer will be open for lunch. You can wander around the ship. There will be lots of employees with "promos" for beverages, specialty dining, spa, etc. You won't be able to go to your stateroom until 2:00 pm to dropoff your carry-ons, etc. Muster is usually at 5:45. If you haven't boarded the ship by 5:15 I would wait until 6:15 because if you get on while muster is occurring they will force you to your station with your carry-ons. There is a "make-up" muster at 8:00 pm for those that weren't onboard when muster occurred....but if you are onboard you will be expected to be at the muster.

Thank you so much for your help :)

Last time we sailed on Adventure, there were two muster drills. One at around 5pm, as mentioned above, and another right before sailing for those who boarded later. Traditional dinner times were moved back by 30 minutes for the first night only.

Thanks so much for your help.:)

I cant remember if AOS is the ship you can go outside towards the front of the ship from a lower cabin floor (deck 8 or 9) where a helicopter could land? Not many people new about it. You walked all the way forward and on both sides of the hall there were 2 unmarked doors you could just open and walk outside. Leaving next Sat. for our 3rd trip on AOS but it has been 8 yrs since our last trip. In fact we took our first cruise on AOS 15 yrs ago. Cant wait to see the changes. Feels like a homecoming.

I cant remember if AOS is the ship you can go outside towards the front of the ship from a lower cabin floor (deck 8 or 9) where a helicopter could land? Not many people new about it. You walked all the way forward and on both sides of the hall there were 2 unmarked doors you could just open and walk outside. Leaving next Sat. for our 3rd trip on AOS but it has been 8 yrs since our last trip. In fact we took our first cruise on AOS 15 yrs ago. Cant wait to see the changes. Feels like a homecoming.

Adventure does indeed have a helipad that you can go onto, but it is accessible via the outside promenade deck on deck 5.

Adventure does indeed have a helipad that you can go onto, but it is accessible via the outside promenade deck on deck 5.

The outside promenade on Advenfure is on deck 4. Though if you are in the forward lounge on deck 5 and go out the starboard door, you can reach the helicopter pad that way.

bow.jpg

This was probably my last look at her before they add the new cabins.

What else would a buckeye do with an "H" on the helipad on Adventure, still in our wedding garb[emoji2] e049060b851bd28b35a95fd267968baa.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Adventure only sails the itinerary that includes St. Lucia every third week. The May 13th sailing was the first (and so far only) sailing that went to Martinique. We're all waiting to hear for sure what happens with tomorrow's sailing (June 3rd). People that have called RCI say they are being told they are still going to St. Lucia. Royal scared a lot of people by updating the itinerary online which then showed the change for all future sailings of that itinerary also. Personally, I'm betting the May 13th sailing will end up being the only one that actually changed. Ask again once tomorrow's guests start boarding!