All Things Adventure of the Seas

What else would a buckeye do with an "H" on the helipad on Adventure, still in our wedding garb[emoji2] e049060b851bd28b35a95fd267968baa.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Love it, had to quote it so it would show up again.

What makes me mad is that Royal staff kept promising us and almost guaranteeing us when we called that we would be going to St Lucia. Over and over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So sorry you will be misding St Lucia for Martinique.

I loved your Oasis review. Will you be doing one for Adventure, too?

Despite the change, wishing you a wonderful cruise.

Adventure only sails the itinerary that includes St. Lucia every third week. The May 13th sailing was the first (and so far only) sailing that went to Martinique. We're all waiting to hear for sure what happens with tomorrow's sailing (June 3rd). People that have called RCI say they are being told they are still going to St. Lucia. Royal scared a lot of people by updating the itinerary online which then showed the change for all future sailings of that itinerary also. Personally, I'm betting the May 13th sailing will end up being the only one that actually changed. Ask again once tomorrow's guests start boarding!
I'm interested to see what happens with the June 10 sailing. However, the itinerary on the website shows the original itinerary. If it changes, I don't mind. If you know something I don't, please post it.

I'm interested to see what happens with the June 10 sailing. However, the itinerary on the website shows the original itinerary. If it changes, I don't mind. If you know something I don't, please post it.

June 10's itinerary doesn't go to St Lucia. Adventure rotates through 3 different itineraries. The next possibly effected cruise is June 24th.

We're on the June 10th sailing. As Atlantix said, it is not scheduled to stop in St. Lucia.

Scheduled ports of call are: St. Thomas, Curaçao, Aruba, and St. Kitts, in that order.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to write a full review of our Adventure sailing but I thought I would post a few things here now.

A few words of advice for anyone booked on Adventure in the next few months. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING RCCL STAFF TELL YOU ON THE PHONE CONCERNING ST. LUCIA. The only real negative of the cruise was being diverted from St. Lucia to Martinique. I and others repeatedly called RCCL and inquired about the possible port change and over and over again we were told that we would not go to Martinique. They "assured," "promised" and "guaranteed" us that we would be going to St. Lucia on our June 3 sailing. Then at 8 pm the night before sailing we get the email that says we are going to Martinique. Too late to do any bookings or planning. I understand ships get diverted but my issue is with the complete lack of information we were given when we called. If there was the possibility that we would be diverted they should have been honest and told us it might happen.

So for those sailing in future weeks prepare now for Martinique as a possibility. Book excursions in both ports. If you can find excursions in Martinique that meet cruise ship time constraints and are offered with some English you will be way ahead of the game.

If you wait until you are on-board to book Martinique it will be frustrating at best. They didn't open excursion booking until after 2 pm and then only a few of the excursions were available on the system. Lines were long, people were frustrated.

We got a refund on the St. Lucia excursion we booked with RCCL but they would not honor the 20% sale price we got and apply that 20% towards the Martinique excursion. So it cost us more money and the excursion choices are not great in Martinique compared to St. Lucia.

The port of Fort de France is not particularly easy or inviting. Narrow streets, crowded small areas, everything is in French and not many vendors make much of an effort to cater to non French speaking tourists. The McDonnalds was touted as "New York City Street Food!" which made us all laugh.

If we had to do it over again the group agreed we would have likely booked no excursion and just treated Martinique as a sea day with a possible quick stroll through the city just to look around and say we had been there.

The rest of the islands were great! St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua and Barbados all were terrific experiences and I would gladly return to any of those islands again.

Overall the ship was in good shape and most everything was as expected.

Two more issue to be aware of if sailing Adventure. The VOOM internet was awful. Worst we have had in 4 cruises. If you pre-purchased internet you get a code and everyone that got the code had constant issues with dropped connections. The connections dropped ALL THE TIME. And streaming...a joke. Those that purchased on board seemed to fare better. Setting up an account name and password to log in just seemed to keep the connection better for whatever reason.

If you are planning on drinking a lot of soda using the Coke Freestyle machines...you won't be happy. The machines were often broken or out of ice but that wasn't the real problem. The bad thing is the soda tasted horrible. The mix was all over the place, sometimes no fizz, sometimes no flavor, there was just no consistency to the taste. Many people would take a drink and then dump it out and head to the bar for a soda. I had one correct tasting drink from the Freestyle machine the entire cruise.

Positive note, the Beverage package included STARBUCKS on this ship! Which made my wife extremely happy. The fact that the Starbucks is included isn't well publicized, in fact no one knew for a day or so that you could get Starbucks on the package. Once we figured it out our group hit the coffee stand multiple times a day.

I will be working on pictures and a full review later. But since I know people need timely information concerning St. Lucia I wanted to get this out there now.

I am going to write a full review of our Adventure sailing but I thought I would post a few things here now.

A few words of advice for anyone booked on Adventure in the next few months. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING RCCL STAFF TELL YOU ON THE PHONE CONCERNING ST. LUCIA. The only real negative of the cruise was being diverted from St. Lucia to Martinique. I and others repeatedly called RCCL and inquired about the possible port change and over and over again we were told that we would not go to Martinique. They "assured," "promised" and "guaranteed" us that we would be going to St. Lucia on our June 3 sailing. Then at 8 pm the night before sailing we get the email that says we are going to Martinique. Too late to do any bookings or planning. I understand ships get diverted but my issue is with the complete lack of information we were given when we called. If there was the possibility that we would be diverted they should have been honest and told us it might happen.

So for those sailing in future weeks prepare now for Martinique as a possibility. Book excursions in both ports. If you can find excursions in Martinique that meet cruise ship time constraints and are offered with some English you will be way ahead of the game.

If you wait until you are on-board to book Martinique it will be frustrating at best. They didn't open excursion booking until after 2 pm and then only a few of the excursions were available on the system. Lines were long, people were frustrated.

We got a refund on the St. Lucia excursion we booked with RCCL but they would not honor the 20% sale price we got and apply that 20% towards the Martinique excursion. So it cost us more money and the excursion choices are not great in Martinique compared to St. Lucia.

The port of Fort de France is not particularly easy or inviting. Narrow streets, crowded small areas, everything is in French and not many vendors make much of an effort to cater to non French speaking tourists. The McDonnalds was touted as "New York City Street Food!" which made us all laugh.

If we had to do it over again the group agreed we would have likely booked no excursion and just treated Martinique as a sea day with a possible quick stroll through the city just to look around and say we had been there.

The rest of the islands were great! St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua and Barbados all were terrific experiences and I would gladly return to any of those islands again.

Overall the ship was in good shape and most everything was as expected.

Two more issue to be aware of if sailing Adventure. The VOOM internet was awful. Worst we have had in 4 cruises. If you pre-purchased internet you get a code and everyone that got the code had constant issues with dropped connections. The connections dropped ALL THE TIME. And streaming...a joke. Those that purchased on board seemed to fare better. Setting up an account name and password to log in just seemed to keep the connection better for whatever reason.

If you are planning on drinking a lot of soda using the Coke Freestyle machines...you won't be happy. The machines were often broken or out of ice but that wasn't the real problem. The bad thing is the soda tasted horrible. The mix was all over the place, sometimes no fizz, sometimes no flavor, there was just no consistency to the taste. Many people would take a drink and then dump it out and head to the bar for a soda. I had one correct tasting drink from the Freestyle machine the entire cruise.

Positive note, the Beverage package included STARBUCKS on this ship! Which made my wife extremely happy. The fact that the Starbucks is included isn't well publicized, in fact no one knew for a day or so that you could get Starbucks on the package. Once we figured it out our group hit the coffee stand multiple times a day.

I will be working on pictures and a full review later. But since I know people need timely information concerning St. Lucia I wanted to get this out there now.

It's amazing how we were on the same sailing and had completely different experiences.

We thought Martinique was absolutely lovely. In fact, it was possibly our favorite island of the 5. We had zero issues finding people who spoke English, and the people we encountered were very kind and helpful.

The excursion we took was great. We went to the desk at 2pm as they requested, and there were only 10 or so people ahead of us. The line moves quickly, and everyone, while I was there, was in good spirits. The guide on our excursion was very knowledgeable, and the views from our stops were gorgeous. We took ended up taking the "Panoramic Tour of Martinique", and I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Barbados, on the other hand, was a bust for us. Our excursion was cancelled due to technical issues. They waited until after the land portion to tell us they had cancelled the submarine. It was a huge disappointment for everyone with us.

We had zero issues with the internet. Not once were either of us kicked off our connection. Our stateroom was a corner aft, and we had a better signal when we were more central, but it still worked fine. We pre booked the internet package.

I am sure this has been asked and answered, but I really do not feel like looking through all 114 pages - does the Adventure have a CL and is it still on deck 9 or have they turned it into a Suite Lounge and moved it somewhere else? The CL is listed as being on Deck 9 (under public areas) but not noted on the deck plan itself.

I am sure this has been asked and answered, but I really do not feel like looking through all 114 pages - does the Adventure have a CL and is it still on deck 9 or have they turned it into a Suite Lounge and moved it somewhere else? The CL is listed as being on Deck 9 (under public areas) but not noted on the deck plan itself.

Currently it is still "CL" on deck 9. Rumor has it that it will be moved to the upper deck (can't remember if it is 13 or 14) during the Jan 2018 dry dock.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about St. Lucia. I am set to sail on AoS on the 14th, and St. Lucia is on my itinerary. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I have been to Martinique before (admittedly, many years ago), and speak some French, so if we get diverted to Martinique, I suppose it won't be terrible. Still, I was so looking forward to a new experience. Sigh.

I plan on getting onboard as early as possible. Are all the bars open? Would the MDR be open for lunch? I'm not a diamond member

The MDR is not open for lunch on boarding day. The bars will be open. RCI wants to start making money as soon as possible.:)

Can anyone tell me if there is a cigar lounge on the Adventure? It would make my husband very happy!

There is a cigar lounge right now, but I expect it to be gone after the next dry dock in Feb 2018.

Can anyone tell me if there is a cigar lounge on the Adventure? It would make my husband very happy!

There is a cigar lounge right now, but I expect it to be gone after the next dry dock in Feb 2018.

I know that Clarea is correct 99.999999% of the time.....I hope he is correct and I am wrong on this.....but I think Cigar Lounge has already been removed.