All Things Adventure of the Seas

I guess our cruise for February 10 is among the ones cancelled, but we've yet to receive any email or notification.

Can someone explain the content of the email they got? And what are our best options for rebooking

We had a total of seven people booked into a balcony room and a family ocean view, I think it's going to be hard to get our same rooms again if price protection is limited to a only a few other sailings

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I guess our cruise for February 10 is among the ones cancelled, but we've yet to receive any email or notification.

Can someone explain the content of the email they got? And what are our best options for rebooking

We had a total of seven people booked into a balcony room and a family ocean view, I think it's going to be hard to get our same rooms again if price protection is limited to a only a few other sailings

Basically, the note said that the ship is going into dry dock to finish the unfinished work- Izumi, Chops, the Suite Lounge. But knowing that they are also adding a bunch of new cabins, I'm guessing that it's the part that takes the most time.

And the alternatives are:

• Adventure of the Seas – February 10, 2018
  • Adventure of the Seas – March 10, 2018
  • Adventure of the Seas – March 17, 2018
  • Adventure of the Seas – April 7, 2018
  • Adventure of the Seas – April 14, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – January 14, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – January 21, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – January 28, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – February 4, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – February 18, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – February 25, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – March 4, 2018
  • Jewel of the Seas – March 11, 2018

And the Feb 10 is NOT Feb 10, but Feb 12. And it's from Miami going to San Juan.

You should call.

Here is the email:

Dear Valued Guest,

We understand your cruise vacation is extremely valuable to you and your family and we are sorry to inform you that the January 13, 2018 through February 10, 2018 sailings of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas have been cancelled to allow for a dry-dock of the ship. During the dry-dock, Adventure of the Seas will be receiving all new enhancements, to include the addition of our specialty restaurant Izumi Japanese Cuisine, new inside and oceanview staterooms and a Suite Lounge. As a result of this change, your reservation will need to be reaccommodated. We understand any disappointment this may cause, and we will personally reach out to you to ensure the best possible solution is reached.

If you have questions or concerns that need to be addressed before we contact you, you are more than welcome to call on our special help desk. The desk is available now and will remain available to assist you with your reservation until May 5, 2017.

Shown below is the compensation package we are offering due to these circumstances. Our agents will cover these options with you when contacted.

• Re-book on the select sailings below in the same stateroom category at the same protected rate you are currently booked at or for the lowest available cruise fare, whichever is lower.

o Price protection is limited to the cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing rates regardless of the sailing chosen.

o Select Sailings

§ Adventure of the Seas – March 10, 2018

§ Adventure of the Seas – March 17, 2018

§ Adventure of the Seas – April 7, 2018

§ Adventure of the Seas – April 14, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – January 14, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – January 21, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – January 28, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – February 4, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – February 18, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – February 25, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – March 4, 2018

§ Jewel of the Seas – March 11, 2018

• Any other Royal Caribbean sailing can be booked at prevailing rates.

• $200 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $400 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

• If you incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights & $300 per person, for International Flights.

Please note that if you choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment. However, you will not receive any of the above compensation, including air change fee reimbursement.

Thank you for your understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and can assure you that your Royal Caribbean vacation will deliver the highest standards of service and quality for which we are known. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International®

I am on that sailing and did get a notification. We were in a GS. I wonder if they are notify by category/sailing date so they don't overwhelm the call center. We got it sorted easily. Hope the best for you.

PS Our bed has the mattress topper already, not too hard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

That's good. That's the only thing I am not looking forward to next week. Keep the ship in good shape for us buddy [emoji51]

Have a great cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BillOh, can you ask around and see if the rumor that they will convert the Viking Lounge to suites is true or not?

I hope not. Love the VL!

Thanks & have a great time!

I never heard that rumor and it has not happened on any of the other Voyager class ships that have gone through dry dock.

BillOh, can you ask around and see if the rumor that they will convert the Viking Lounge to suites is true or not?

I hope not. Love the VL!

Everything that I have heard recently, is that they still plan on converting cloud 9 & seven hearts into the new suites lounge. I am a little surprised that, given the extra time, they didn't choose to put izumi there. Personally happy it will be the suite lounge.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I hope not. Love the VL!

Yeah, thats incorrect. The cards rooms on deck 14 starboard will be converted to a Suite LOUNGE, but no suites will be added up there.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't sail on Adventure till April but I am now second guessing my cabin choice! Currently we are a balcony starboard side very forward. But I am wondering if I should of booked port side? My reasoning being that I could sit in the balcony and watch the island go by as we leave each port going down their coastlines. Instead of only being able to watch it for a little bit till the ship turns fully south and I'll only be able to see ocean.

Thoughts?

I don't sail on Adventure till April but I am now second guessing my cabin choice! Currently we are a balcony starboard side very forward. But I am wondering if I should of booked port side? My reasoning being that I could sit in the balcony and watch the island go by as we leave each port going down their coastlines. Instead of only being able to watch it for a little bit till the ship turns fully south and I'll only be able to see ocean.

Thoughts?

Adventure doesn't always port on port side. It has been different on every cruise at almost every island we've gone to. Also, Port side is the smoking side so depending on if you are a smoker, that could be a good or bad thing for you. We prefer to book on starboard because we don't want to walk through the smoking section to get where we're going. Yes, we can walk to the starboard side but it's easy to forget.

Thoughts?

You're overthinking this. It makes no difference what side of the ship you are on. The biggest factor is aft or forward. We like being aft cause it's closer to the rear elevators going up to the Viking Crown Lounge. It's also very quiet at the far aft. Probl the same for far forward but we just like being aft. Some people like mid ship so they don't have to walk as far.. But as far as port or starboard , there really is no difference regarding your views.

Thoughts?

A ship doesn't always dock on the port side. I believe you are over worrying about something that is never a sure thing.

Thoughts?

First of all, didn't Mom tell you not to play football in the house?

On our cruise last week, our starboard side room was away from the port on every port - St Martin, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao. ( I know that can vary)