Coffee Question

TruRed76

We've found the coffee is really bad in the Ocean View Cafe but we make do with the little packets of Tasters Choice. The dining room coffee is okay, not great but much better than the Ocean View. The Elite breakfast has excellent "fancy" and regular coffee is you are up to that level.

are coffees in The Hideaway on Reflection included in any of the beverage packages?

Thanks!

Yes and no. They are not part of the beverage package as they are regular ship coffee which is included at extra charge to all passengers. So it doesn't make a difference if you have a package or not. This is the same as the coffee in the dining areas of the ship.

I'm an early riser. 5:30-6 everyday. Even on weekends. Wife of course likes to sleep in. So I presume I'm left to the buffet for a cup of coffee at those hours? I like to stroll around the upper deck with a cup of coffee in hand.

Yes - the buffet will be the place for you. On recent cruises they've had nice large paper cups with lids in the morning to make it easy to carry your coffee out of the buffet area. Should be just perfect for taking along on your stroll with you. They are pretty big cups and when we took Starbucks Via along with us they were just the right size for putting two packets of Via in to make a large cup of decent coffee.

Larry, did you mean to write NO extra charge instead of this in your post above? I thought Hideaway was just the regular coffee as up in the buffet>

"They are not part of the beverage package as they are regular ship coffee which is included at extra charge to all passengers."

Thanks again for all the insight! We will be trying the Starbucks Via as well as other instant coffees. We may also bring flavored creamer on board to help with the taste of buffet coffee. Then the Americano will be a great for sea days!

Laura

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

We thought the coffee in the Hideaway was pretty good on.the Silhouette plus it helped we were very close to it It was free. Coffee, teas.and cocoa were all there.

Does anyone know what time the Aqua Spa Cafe opens? No Hideaway on the SOLSTICE so the AQC would be very close to send Hubby on a coffee run

Bev

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

And really enjoyed the Cafe Americano on our cruise last year. What I found at the buffet was that the coffee from the self-serve urns was fine (not great, but drinkable). However, the coffee from the servers walking around the buffet was very bad. It took me a couple of days to recognize the pattern, and after that I just never got the coffee from the servers, only from the urn or from the coffee bar.

Yes and no. They are not part of the beverage package as they are regular ship coffee which is included at extra charge to all passengers. So it doesn't make a difference if you have a package or not. This is the same as the coffee in the dining areas of the ship.

Larry, did you mean to write NO extra charge instead of this in your post above? I thought Hideaway was just the regular coffee as up in the buffet>

"They are not part of the beverage package as they are regular ship coffee which is included at extra charge to all passengers."

Yes I did. Sorry for the confusing type. The regular coffee, including that at the hideaway, is no-extra-charge or what some would consider "free". I guess it is free with the purchase of a cruise.

Alright, just bought some Starbucks Via. Bought the Veranda Blend because it sounded cruise-shippy :0. Here's hoping DH likes it, or can tolerate it!

If your husband is particular enough that he only likes whatever beans he buys at home, you may want to consider an Aeropress. You fill with ground coffee that you could bring from home, and add hot water from the buffet area, and press down. It's like a french press, except plastic and compact.

When I got on board, my DW told me to buy an espresso and try it. I asked the barista to hold off on ringing up my order, because I liked it enough that I changed my order into the classic non-alcoholic drink package!

And I say this as an admitted coffee snob; I buy coffee that is roasted to order and shipped to me, for morning espresso. I read two Kindle books on my week cruise, and probably did half of that reading in Cafe Al Bacio! They have to-go cups too which is great before a show or to bring to the cabin verandah.

Hi,

this is my first Word here in CC. I can say, at Cafe Al Baccio there is a very good Espresso. Our first trip with the Constillation, the Espresso was horribel, but at the Equinox the Espresso was exellent. Our Trip 17.March Asia South Bound, first we go in the Restaurant and than to Cafe Al Baccio :D

Sorry for my bad english

Hi,

this is my first Word here in CC. I can say, at Cafe Al Baccio there is a very good Espresso. Our first trip with the Constillation, the Espresso was horribel, but at the Equinox the Espresso was exellent. Our Trip 17.March Asia South Bound, first we go in the Restaurant and than to Cafe Al Baccio :D

Sorry for my bad english

Shepherdess...

We will be on that same cruise with you. ;)

WELCOME here.

Be sure to go over to our "Celebrity Connections" page and, say something. Maybe we meet up at the "Meet & Mingle" aboard the ship. Be SURE to sign up for the shipboard get together. They are fun,

to meet everyone. They are usually the first day at sea and, around late morning. If you do sign up, there will be a message in your cabin for the Where and When for the Cruise Critic get together.

Here is the link to it:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do

Thanks all I am now more confused lol it easy to say double double and get a great coffee maybe I will stick to tea until i get back to the real world or find a Mcdonalds on the Islands they have great coffee

I've said it before and now I'll say it again....What is it with these cruise lines and their BAD coffee? Celebrity, Carnival, RCCL and Disney so far...all yucky. While I hate that all of you are getting tortured, too, I'm glad it's not just me being picky. ;)

I'm really going to enjoy my premium drink package which will include all the good coffee drinks. 13 days... :D

Oh, we don't mind paying for the coffee...Just want to know if they have regular coffee as well as the espressos, cappuccinos, mochas, etc. DH likes his good coffee, just not all the specialty drinks! Now he's thinking he's going to be sprinting off the ship at port to find a coffee shop ;) Lol - I will stick with my diet cokes!

The coffee they serve is more like dishwater. It is this liquid stuff they add to hot water, completely non drinkable. I always travel with my own coffee plunger and my own ground coffee. I order boiling water from room service and enjoy a good cup of coffee whenever I want.

Like others have posted, on our 18 day Solstice cruise we drank our own concoction of buffet coffee and hot water. This made it tolerable. The trickiest thing with Celebrity's coffee is its inconsistency. Some say its location- the dining room coffee is better or Blu coffee is good-I did not find this to be true at all!

I also drank tea-which is not my usual.

Well, dh liked the Starbucks Via - or at least liked it with enough cream to drown it! Hopefully a few packets of that, the Cafe Americano, and coffee shops in port will get him through the week :)

Well, dh liked the Starbucks Via - or at least liked it with enough cream to drown it! Hopefully a few packets of that, the Cafe Americano, and coffee shops in port will get him through the week :)

Coffee Shops in ports are one of the highlights of any cruise...for me...!! Kind of like searching out great restaurants/food...always fun, and a great way to get to know the locals !! A local beer (or more) and coffee in every port !

Enjoy

Woody

Archived