Norwegian Sun

janniebabe

Always fun to have people familiar with a particular ship chime in and educate those of of who have not sailed on her yet. My family and I are going to be aboard the Sun in 09/2014 so we have lots of time. I am assembling a tip letter for all of the people sailing and am looking for those tips and "secrets" exclusive to the Sun. Have done this with other ships and it is always fun - and most of the time very valuable information to have! Any tips anyone? ;)

The Great Outdoors is an excellent spot for breakfast, and the buffet area just inside is always less crowded than the reg. buffet area.

You don't need a Spa Pass to use the Sauna.

Best Chicken Wings anywhere in the Sports Bar ( same as Blue Lagoon ).

That's all that comes to mind right now, I'm sure others have other secrets.

Enjoy the Sun, we sure did.

cheers...the Ump...:D

The Great Outdoors is an excellent spot for breakfast, and the buffet area just inside is always less crowded than the reg. buffet area.

You don't need a Spa Pass to use the Sauna.

Best Chicken Wings anywhere in the Sports Bar ( same as Blue Lagoon ).

That's all that comes to mind right now, I'm sure others have other secrets.

Enjoy the Sun, we sure did.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Thanks!

There is a soft serve ice cream machine on the "hidden" side of the Great Outdoors buffet - it's the side closest to the Sports Bar entrance, and easy to miss. My husband and I would grab coffee, a brownie, top it with ice cream, and enjoy an afternoon snack in the Great Outdoors - one of my favorite memories of the Sun.:D

On Deck 5 across from the Guest Services Desk, is the Java Cafe (open 24 hours), a great place to people watch. Just off the lobby is Four Seasons Main Dining Room, more casual than the Seven Seas Dining (aft Deck 5). All the way forward on Deck 12 is an Observation Lounge with an outside deck. Most of the time it is very quiet. The outside deck is a great place to watch as She pulls into a dock or leaving.

The Sun is a wonderful small ship 1900 or so passengers and 950 staff members. I can hardly wait to be on Her again in October of 2014. You and your family should have a wonderful time.

Mandy

The Sun is a wonderful ship - small enough to not feel daunting and big enough to have lots of features & fun. We loved the Sports Bar (fresh popped popcorn & wings!), Chef's Table, Moderno, Mystery Lunch, martini & tequila tastings, and more! There are some pictures linked in my signature below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there was a similar thread with tips/secrets awhile back if you try a search.

The one thing I didn't see yet was that the opposite side of the buffet (it is small on the Sun) is used for breakfast and lunch during the day and they serve some limited foods in there or you can grab from buffet and go over there.

Always fun to have people familiar with a particular ship chime in and educate those of of who have not sailed on her yet. My family and I are going to be aboard the Sun in 09/2014 so we have lots of time. I am assembling a tip letter for all of the people sailing and am looking for those tips and "secrets" exclusive to the Sun. Have done this with other ships and it is always fun - and most of the time very valuable information to have! Any tips anyone? ;)

And DW and I will be on her Nov 2014 so I would be interested as well!

You can get a bobble head made of yourself for $99.

Here are a couple of videos of my time on the SUN.....fantastic ship

http://s1118.beta.photobucket.com/user/Doughboy139/media/20100812124757.mp4.html

http://s1118.beta.photobucket.com/user/Doughboy139/media/20100804044909.mp4.html

http://s1118.beta.photobucket.com/user/Doughboy139/media/SailawayHelsinki044.mp4.html

http://s1118.beta.photobucket.com/user/Doughboy139/media/20100804124550.mp4.html

http://s1118.beta.photobucket.com/user/Doughboy139/media/20100804124102.mp4.html

• 3 weeks later...
We loved the breakfasts in Moderno over the buffet. They had a great omelet station and made to order waffles :)

This reminded me . . . there is a pizza bar in Moderno during lunch as well. Also, I just posted in another thread that you can get a pitcher of sangria in the Sports Bar and take it with you to go elsewhere on the ship.