Norwegian Sun

janniebabe

Can anyone comment on the Sun's Las Ramblas Tapas Bar and Restaurant?

I just know there's karaoke in there every night (which my dh hates more than anything in this world so we didn't go there). I did hear another cruiser say the tapas in there were good and the menu looked good to me.

Can anyone comment on the Sun's Las Ramblas Tapas Bar and Restaurant?

We had our M&G in there 2nd time I was on the Sun. It is a nice room but I am just not that fond of it. On my first Sun cruise we tried it and the girl behind the counter doled out the mini meatballs like they were gold. Would not call the food in there a meal. Good 'Ritas though.

We're sailing in October.....does anyone know when the Sun will be sent to Miami?

It arrives on 9 Oct 2013 from Ocho Rios, Jamaica finishing a Panama Canal transit repositioning it to Port of Miami. Looks like this is the first cruise of many for the winter season out of Miami for the Sun.

Don't be late because that's the day we're leaving that same day...heading first to Cartegena, Columbia....11 day cruise!

We will be on the same itinerary but not til December. It will be my third sailing on the Sun and hubby's first. I hope I haven't built it up so much to him, he is disappointed. I have been on over 25 cruises and the Sun is my favorite ship so far.

Sailed on Carnival in 1999 and Premier Cruise Line in 1994 and all meals in the MDR's were excellent to outstanding, all foods were very tasty.

Are these dates your latest cruises? I can't see, because I have signatures turned off for faster mobile loading. If so, none of the lines still have food the quality they did in the '90s. That ship sailed long ago.

You can see the lines I've sailed in my signature. They've all cut quality or added upcharges to keep fares low. I am afraid you will be dissapointed by NCL if you compare the food today with what you had back then if you don't know all the lines have changed. Dial back the expectations and you'll be fine. Think of the main dining room now as more like Applebees or Olive Garden.

The Sun is a great ship. We liked it so much earlier this year that we booked it again for next year. We especially love the poolside outdoor BBQs at sailaway!

Yes, those are the only cruises I have taken. Aside from some day cruises like Discovery out of Ft Lauderdale. Work and a lot of independent travel to Australia, San Francisco, Grand Canyon, Boston, as well as visiting family vacations, have been my mainstay over this past decade plus.

It is too bad to hear that this is what has become of cruise ship dining. Most likely, I won't be taking many other cruises. This is one reason, along with the fact that I like to spend a lot of time really getting to see a place when I travel. Even Australia I had 3 days in Sydney, much more time than on a typical cruise port. SF we spent 6 days and Boston we spent 5 days.

However, for seeing the ice, glaciers, etc. in Alaska, I felt a cruise was better suited for this kind of sightseeing.

I am hoping someone can tell me if the Sun has a "diner type" resturant, I remember on the POA it was called the Cadillac Diner. I really liked going there in the evening and get take out Warm Brownie Sundae to take back to our cabin. They also served burgers, fish and chips, shakes ETC ..

If there is something like this what is the name of it and where is it located !! Thanks

I am hoping someone can tell me if the Sun has a "diner type" resturant, I remember on the POA it was called the Cadillac Diner. I really liked going there in the evening and get take out Warm Brownie Sundae to take back to our cabin. They also served burgers, fish and chips, shakes ETC ..

If there is something like this what is the name of it and where is it located !! Thanks

Not really. Other ships have the Blue Lagoon which is a 23 hr diner type, comfort food type resturant. I've heard the sports bar, I believe on deck 11 has some wings and such at some point during the day. On my Sun cruise I thinks DH and I ventured in there maybe twice.