Please Help Ultimate Beverage Lets Get Fact

Cruisegirl6

Homework - did that include other cruise lines that are not so restrictive

during 'Spring Break' . SB is a almost a year away - and if you are not

a party to a loyalty program change cruise lines. Holland America and

Princess cater to a more adult theme; Carnival not so much as well as

Disney. Celebrity should be considered. Mex Riv is OK but there are other

cruises to pick from if just cruising is your thing skipping shore excursions.

Terrific that you are planning 9 months or more out for a trip - chance to

get the best fares and select staterooms/suites. NCL is one of the more

finicky anti-booze friendly cruise lines - Holland America the best and most

lenient.

Good Luck where ever cruising takes you - Bon Voyage !

Thanks! Yeah, we originally wanted a 2 week caribbean but i once we seen the package that included hotels in LA and vegas and all flights that kinda swung it, ill check out holland america though for future reference! Ill just need to save up and brace myself for a giant bill at end of cruise

Cheers!

Ive read this thread a couple of times, but can anyone "confirm" that following drinks are included in UBP?

* Mojito

* Jack n` coke

* Frozen Strawberry D

* Long Island Iced Tea

*Skrewdriver

Yes, I'm pretty sure all these are included. Cannot personally attest to the jack n coke, but Jack n Ginger ....let's just say I enjoyed quite a few of those. None of which made it to my final bill. Also, mimosas and bloody marys are included so I can't imagine screwdrivers wouldn't be. I know mojitos, margaritas, daquiries, & LI ITs are included from chatting with folks who had the package.

Bottom line, check a menu. Any drink under 8.50$ is included (wine up to 10$ & beer up to 5.50$). Most of the drinks you mentioned are between 8-8.50$. Martinis start at 8.75$, so are not included.

So I think I read that you have until day 2 (So if we leave Sunday we can decide Tuesday?) to decide if you want the UBP.

We're leaving on the Breakaway in 2 days!!!! YAY!!!! If we decide on UBP on day 2, are all the drinks purchased (within the guidelines of course) on day 1 included or will we pay for those separate?

Additionally, if we purchased the soda package I'm guessing we'd just get a credit for that (since it's included in the UBP)?

Thanks. If I don't hear from anyone on the board I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get the answer from NCL.

You need to stop looking at the package from a financial standpoint. It's not just about the drinks or their cost. We're don't sit around our cabin tossing back drink after drink all day. We're out & about & there's no way either one of us is going to run back to our cabin to fix or refresh a drink when we're ready for one. And, let's not forget there's also variety involved. A cold, refreshing beer @ the pool bar hits the spot in the afternoon while a Mojito is my preferred pre dinner drink.

We pre pay as much as possible before we board because that's what works for us. We know how much our bar bill usually is & getting that out of the way is one less thing to be bothered with when our vacation is over.

Good point - I'd rather pay up front - on the right end of the vacation, then at the end...

So I think I read that you have until day 2 (So if we leave Sunday we can decide Tuesday?) to decide if you want the UBP.

We're leaving on the Breakaway in 2 days!!!! YAY!!!! If we decide on UBP on day 2, are all the drinks purchased (within the guidelines of course) on day 1 included or will we pay for those separate?

Additionally, if we purchased the soda package I'm guessing we'd just get a credit for that (since it's included in the UBP)?

Thanks. If I don't hear from anyone on the board I'll call tomorrow and see if I can get the answer from NCL.

Good question. I'm on your sailing as well and wondering the same. If you find out let me know. It would be nice if the reimbursed us the day. But then again, it would be one less day to pay for since we don't even board til around noon..

Good luck with the late purchase of the UBP. Knowing NCL I would not expect a refund on anything including drinks from the first two days or the soda package. All receipts served under the UBP are marked with UBP at time of purchase.

As far as the first day not being on the ship until noon I think it may well be the one day most worth having the package. Certainly more of a bargain the the 3 days docked in Bermuda and off the ship all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Just back two weeks ago from MSC Poesia - Europe where I purchased the UBP. I felt it was a really good deal upon purchase...166 euro for 7 days - you do the math to see it is much less than NCL and included a nice variety of drinks (I like the fruity cocktails and anything I asked for was always included), bottled waters, specialty coffees and fresh juices. Like many of you, I kept up with my receipts to compare at the end of the week. I also tried to "get my money worth" and even ordered doubles at times. At the end of the week - we figured we came out about $100 ahead by pre-paying for the package. In addition, if you pre-ordered your package, you didn't have the 15% added on. So, we may not have came out so well if we would have purchased it on board.

I loved not worrying about what my bill would be at the end of the week. Instead, my obsession became with making sure I didn't lose money on that package...adding receipts once a day!

Will I purchase for my upcoming Breakaway cruise? Nope! I will take a bar set-up though!

We are taking our grown children and spouses on a cruise in January. We have booked 3 cabins on the Jewel. I have already began paying for the rooms on my NCL Master card. If they use their own credit cards during the check in process, can my husband and I still purchase the drinks program for just our cabin on our card?

Yes my father in law paid for all of us, but he prepaid it. I do know you can pay for all when you get on the ship go to the atrium bar and bring everybody with you and tell the bartender there you wish to purchase the UBP for everybody, but its a lot easier when you pre pay everybody goes to the bar, they hand their sail and sign card to the bartender who will see their card does get the sticker as the pre paid UBP was purchased, very simple in fact one person can do this for everybody just take everybody's cards.

Is this only available to non UK citizens? I can't find it online? I sail from Barcelona on the Epic in September.

Not online anywhere you have to call to order in advance. Travel with UK passengers that had no issues getting the package onboard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

So I have not seen this addressed explicitly. We sail March 30th-April 6, 2014 on the Western Caribbean itinerary from NOLA. Is this considered Spring Break? I.E. will we not be offered the UBP to purchase? On 'My NCL' I don't see that as an option to purchase, but it is very early still, 8 more months!

It would be very convenient, but if it is not offered I will just have to get some of the wine.

I don't think this was answered... The only draft beer I recall were Heinekin and Dos XXX. And we asked for the beer lines to be cleaned because the beer was skunky. They obliged right away and the draft tasted better. No Miller Light, only bottles.

Also, March break is considered March 1 - April 17th I believe. No UBP during this time.

Edited by elizabeth612

My sail dates is 9/2 and will return in Miami on 9/6. Would anyone recommend purchasing the UBP for the first day and start the UBP on the second sail date so we can wind up paying for three days instead of four? I do not anticipate doing a lot of drinking on the first day date, but then again it will be our vacation.

Suggestions needed please. TIA

My sail dates is 9/2 and will return in Miami on 9/6. Would anyone recommend purchasing the UBP for the first day and start the UBP on the second sail date so we can wind up paying for three days instead of four? I do not anticipate doing a lot of drinking on the first day date, but then again it will be our vacation.

Suggestions needed please. TIA

You must purchase the UBP for the entire cruise. No choice when to start it. You must pay for 4 days if you want the package.

If anyone is sailing on the Breakway on 1st Dec, I am buying the UBP and will be selling drinks at 1/2 50% off bar price by the pool tables every night 5pm to midnight. Cash only...

Just kidding ;-) but I will be trying it out. We got a $350 on board credit for booking so far in advance so that's paid for half of it. The Prosecco is about $9 a glass so I can rack up more than half of the day's value in a few glasses of that at lunchtime. I do not believe I will be driving at any point so why not?

We just got off the Sun (1-July), and they had modified the package to say that any martini $8.75 and under was included. This was a change from the previous week. We did back to back and bought the UBP for both 7 night cruises.

We just got off the Sun (1-July), and they had modified the package to say that any martini $8.75 and under was included. This was a change from the previous week. We did back to back and bought the UBP for both 7 night cruises.

That is excellent news!! thanks for the update