Just off the Allure today (March 10)

how was getting off the ship? A lot has been made here of the reduction in custom agents due to the events in Washington that last few days. See any backups other than the usual?

I actually mentioned that as we were getting off the ship today that I thought it was odd they didn't have all the agent lines open and I forgot about the events in Washington. It did back it up some.. It took us longer to get off the ship than it did to get on. From the time our number was called at around 10:15 (we were 85 out of around 95) it took us over an hour til we were in a taxi. We sat in a room right before the escalator with probably 500 others until they let us go down and then we waited a while more after getting out bags to go through customs.. I definitely felt like it took longer than it normally would have

I also got off the Allure today and one of the disembarkation agent said there were about half of the usual customs and passport agents. If you have an early flight out during the next few weeks, might want to disembark early.

I was amazed by the ship! Absolutely great!

I was just off the Allure myself today! First cruise on the Allure and first cruise ever and I must say, I'm hooked!!! Cannot wait to cruise again!! We are back at home safe and sound in MI, will be writing my review very soon!! :)

I took a bump today for my flight so we have free tickets for next year :) and we got to stay in the Florida sun for one more day, all being paid for by the airline :)

I'm looking forward to the reviews. I have sailed 6 times, but never on Royal Caribbean. We are planning to take our granddaughter on an RCCL cruise next year because of their new Barbie Experience program. It was introduced on the Oasis last week and will be on all ships except Majesty by the end of June. Not sure if it is on the Allure yet. If you have sailed RCCL before, will you please compare the Allure to the Freedom class ships. We have to decide if we want to go on the Allure or Oasis or Freedom of the Seas. Just wondering if you felt like you were cruising with 5000 people???What does the Allure/Oasis offer, in your opinion, that other RCCL ships don't besides size? Should we plan to go on one of these mega ships just for the experience? Any advice is most helpful as we begin to plan this future cruise. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to the reviews. I have sailed 6 times, but never on Royal Caribbean. We are planning to take our granddaughter on an RCCL cruise next year because of their new Barbie Experience program. It was introduced on the Oasis last week and will be on all ships except Majesty by the end of June. Not sure if it is on the Allure yet. If you have sailed RCCL before, will you please compare the Allure to the Freedom class ships. We have to decide if we want to go on the Allure or Oasis or Freedom of the Seas. Just wondering if you felt like you were cruising with 5000 people???What does the Allure/Oasis offer, in your opinion, that other RCCL ships don't besides size? Should we plan to go on one of these mega ships just for the experience? Any advice is most helpful as we begin to plan this future cruise. Thanks!

Coming from a first time cruiser here, it really honestly didn't feel like I was cruising with 5,000 people. Even when waiting in line for food or shows, it still didn't feel like a huge amount. Maybe because the ship was so large and people were either in their staterooms or in the various areas of the ship or attending the shows/activities. The only days it truly felt like there were tons upon tons of people was on sea days when EVERYONE was on the boat (obviously because we had no port that we had arrived at just yet) but then it wasn't too bad.

The Allure is HUGE! There was always something to do, see, or explore. The cruise director [Allan] was fantastic at offering up some amazing activities for every type of cruiser. There's awesome stuff for kids (carousel rides, kids pools, teens only activity center, adventure ocean for the younger ones, face painting, etc) and there's even cool stuff for the adults too. I was very impressed at all the options availible.

As far as the Oasis and Allure compare [please, more experienced cruisers feel free to chime in if I am wrong], they are a smidge different in the sense that Allure has some things that Oasis does not {i.e. no Central Park themed deck (only on Allure)} and the Allure is the biggest. Not sure what the other differences are off the top of my head.

A fellow cruise critic member named gambee posted his review of the Allure of the Seas when he sailed on it earlier this year or last year I believe. Its excellent and loaded with pictures and details!!

Hope this information helped! Did the best that I can!

Missy

Coming from a first time cruiser here, it really honestly didn't feel like I was cruising with 5,000 people. Even when waiting in line for food or shows, it still didn't feel like a huge amount. Maybe because the ship was so large and people were either in their staterooms or in the various areas of the ship or attending the shows/activities. The only days it truly felt like there were tons upon tons of people was on sea days when EVERYONE was on the boat (obviously because we had no port that we had arrived at just yet) but then it wasn't too bad.

The Allure is HUGE! There was always something to do, see, or explore. The cruise director [Allan] was fantastic at offering up some amazing activities for every type of cruiser. There's awesome stuff for kids (carousel rides, kids pools, teens only activity center, adventure ocean for the younger ones, face painting, etc) and there's even cool stuff for the adults too. I was very impressed at all the options availible.

As far as the Oasis and Allure compare [please, more experienced cruisers feel free to chime in if I am wrong], they are a smidge different in the sense that Allure has some things that Oasis does not {i.e. no Central Park themed deck (only on Allure)} and the Allure is the biggest. Not sure what the other differences are off the top of my head.

A fellow cruise critic member named gambee posted his review of the Allure of the Seas when he sailed on it earlier this year or last year I believe. Its excellent and loaded with pictures and details!!

Hope this information helped! Did the best that I can!

Missy

Oasis has the same neighborhoods as allure does.. Central park and all. Only a few differences like the allure having the dog house and oasis having the sea food place.

I sailed on freedom last year and it's hard to compare the freedom to allure because they're so different. You can't go wrong with either! Freedom has more of a traditional cruise feel to it and allure is one in itself. I often found myself asking where everyone was at on allure because it was never crowded, except for waiting for elevators. Sea days we easily found pool chairs and I never felt too crowded. We used all the other food venues for lunch so the only time we ate in the windjammer was on embarkation day. Freedom was an awesome cruise as well last year. I loved allure more though

Just off the Allure today.. Still in ft Lauderdale for a night. Any questions about anything? I had a great time and I hopefully will do a review!

I have been trying to search reviews for a good answer, but perhaps you can assist. Which restaurants/bars had the best (or any) water view?

Thanks!

I have been trying to search reviews for a good answer, but perhaps you can assist. Which restaurants/bars had the best (or any) water view?

Thanks!

I too just got off Allure. To answer your question, the BEST water view bar is the Crown Lounge. Go up there for sunset. Fantastic. Really, other than the Main Dining Room, no other restaurants have water views. You can see the water from the Solarium for lunch or breakfast, but it's not really a view. Oh yeah, the Windjammer has a great view, but we never went there. Chops, Giovannis, and 150 Central Park look out on Central Park. Isumi is at the Windjammer, so it has a view. Of course there is always the pool bars.

Hope this answers your questions.

Does the cafe with the great salads and roast beef sandwiches still use the green mats on the tables? They are great for holding food from all the other people that have eaten at that spot. I just love looking down and guessing what "Tommy" had for lunch right before I sat down.

I too just got off Allure. To answer your question, the BEST water view bar is the Crown Lounge. Go up there for sunset. Fantastic. Really, other than the Main Dining Room, no other restaurants have water views. You can see the water from the Solarium for lunch or breakfast, but it's not really a view. Oh yeah, the Windjammer has a great view, but we never went there. Chops, Giovannis, and 150 Central Park look out on Central Park. Isumi is at the Windjammer, so it has a view. Of course there is always the pool bars.

Hope this answers your questions.

Precisely the answer I was looking for! I have only been able to find reviews that talk of limited water views from the ship and that you have to seek them out (hence my ocean view balcony I booked), however I could not find any explicit information which listed venues.

So thank you again!

Hi - heading on the Allure this coming weekend (depart 3/17). Thinking you went Eastern route - do you have any cruise compasses you can post? Thank you!

Andrea

I have all the compasses but I don't have a scanner anymore to put them onto the computer

I have all the compasses but I don't have a scanner anymore to put them onto the computer

You can also take photographs of them and put them on a photo hosting site,and share the link on CC or as I often do...

1-post them to Face Book for "only me",

2-then click on the pic in FB when you get to that photo,

3-you can right click on it (not near a face or it will think you want to tag someone) and select "copy image URL"

4-copy this url into the thread and add in front of the URL and at the end of the url...it should look like this:

color]httprghhekujhgujerhgkerhgk.jpg[color=red]

5- if you preview your post it will show up, so you'll know you did it right!:D

Its a lot of work, totally up to you whether you want to...it's a lot of pages for Allure!

how was getting off the ship? A lot has been made here of the reduction in custom agents due to the events in Washington that last few days. See any backups other than the usual?

I was on the Allure the week before (disembarked on 3/3). We had an early flight at 8:55am, did self-disembarkation. We left our stateroom at 6:20am and were in a cab headed to the airport within 15 minutes.

We've booked the same cruise for the same week next year, really looking forward to experiencing this class of ship for the first time.

I have a question. Although I'm aware that this is spring break period, we were a little alarmed to read this thread a few days ago http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1804170 regarding the ships being overrun with kids and spring breakers during the first 2 weeks in March.

No problem with kids (especially college kids as we have two sons the same age, who won't be sailing with us). However I'm not too keen on the ship being overrun with many many kids - what was your experience.

We've booked the same cruise for the same week next year, really looking forward to experiencing this class of ship for the first time.

I have a question. Although I'm aware that this is spring break period, we were a little alarmed to read this thread a few days ago http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1804170 regarding the ships being overrun with kids and spring breakers during the first 2 weeks in March.

No problem with kids (especially college kids as we have two sons the same age, who won't be sailing with us). However I'm not too keen on the ship being overrun with many many kids - what was your experience.

We were on this same cruise as well and had an awesome time. I do remember the cruise director during his daily TV report say the ship was full at over 6000 guests with 700 of them kids. He said the next week (the 3/10 sailing) the number of kids rose to over 1200.

According to the cruise director, there were 700 kids on this past sailing 3/3-3/10 and there are 1300 kids booked for this week 3/10.

Just a FYI. Just came of the 3/3-3/10 Allure as well. Did the walk off and was off by 0615. The taxi's had not arrived yet in the normal swarms and we had to wait for a cab (van) to the airport for about 5 minutes. Current rate is $11 a person and we shared a van with two other couples. Customs only had 2 lines open at the ship terminal and the line to get through TSA at FLL took about 35 minutes. My advice is be careful about flights before 10am.

Archived