Alaska 2014

Bookings for ALASKA 2014 opened at 11:00am today.

At 11:01 I booked a B2B for July/August 2014 on the Radiance. We were able to get the two cabins we specifically wanted.

WHOOOPEE

Thanks for the head's up. We had planned on Alaska in 2014 and we now have to pull the trigger. Since the prices seem to be relatively stable, I'm leaning towards booking on board this October.

Reading other recommendations I think we will do Southbound in May or June, but I'm almost to the point of a B2B round trip.

I've searched for an answer to this. If I use my Card Royal Points to upgrade to a JS from a Balcony. It's 06/06 $800x2 $1,600 upgrade that I believe we get for 75,000 points and the limit difference of $1,600-$1,200 = $400. Do we still get double C&A points because we paid something toward the upgrade? TIA

JS 1100 is at the very aft aft of the ship, on the corner, so it has a larger balcony than side facing JS staterooms and a more expansive view.

Thank you, is 9256 in the same location, people seem to like that cabin as well

I wish RCCL had more options for Alaska. I'm not sure about doing the extra travel needed for a northbound or southbound so only other option is Rhapsody out of Seattle but I don't really like the itinerary. Looks like I will looking for a different line for Alaska. Perhaps Celebrity r/t out of Vancouver..

I wish RCCL had more options for Alaska. I'm not sure about doing the extra travel needed for a northbound or southbound so only other option is Rhapsody out of Seattle but I don't really like the itinerary. Looks like I will looking for a different line for Alaska. Perhaps Celebrity r/t out of Vancouver..

I concur......I'm sailing Rhapsody this June and really would like to do a r/t from Vancouver next year.

They do have at least 1 R/T out of Vancouver on Radiance OTS.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?packageCode=RD07A100&sailDate=1140509

Does anyone know the link to the web page that was sent out from RCCI that gave the dates and the ports as they were unveiled? It was not a direct link to rcci's pages because I can not open them at work because of web filters. But this one I could open and view. I have been on it earlier but know I can't seem to find the thread.

Does anyone know the link to the web page that was sent out from RCCI that gave the dates and the ports as they were unveiled? It was not a direct link to rcci's pages because I can not open them at work because of web filters. But this one I could open and view. I have been on it earlier but know I can't seem to find the thread.

Do you mean this:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2013/Deployment/13032797-2014-15_Deployment/index.html

Plan to book next week while on-board. When is the best time to go? I'm thinking either early to mid June or near the end of August?

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Just a tidbit.....

Generally the weather is better earlier in the season. The closer you get to September, the more chance of rain, cloudy overcast days you may encounter.

June is a great month with the longest days of daylight.

I remember being in Fairbanks the end if May, wondering why I felt so tired. After all, it was just around sunset. I looked at my watch and it was MIDNIGHT!!

Booked the July 4th, 2014 southbound Alaska cruise and snagged JS 1100. Hope it is as great as everyone has said.

Anyone that has had this JS, please reassure me! LOL

I have it THIS YEAR on July 4th so I'll report back after. Booked it last March, the second they opened booking! SO close now!!

Congrats to all booking for next summer; I can't wait to cruise Alaska!!

web site shows "null" when I try to look at cruise tours for May 2014. I would have to go on the Radiance, since I am coming in on the Rhapsody repo from Hawaii on 5/16 & can't stay on that ship. Don't think it will be financially feasible, since I am a solo with almost double surcharge, but I at least wanted to look at it. The cruise only inside cabin is not bad, but tacking on 3 or 4 day cruise tour seems to triple the price, yikes.

I've been doodling around with flying from Vancouver up to Anchorage, then either rental car or train to see Denali and Fairbanks, but so far prices are too high, or it is too early in the season for tour groups. Same thing with the Rocky Mountaineer up to Jasper etc, wow that is incredibly expensive.

Oh well, lots of time to play around with it.

Masonpips, I would be interested in hearing all about your cruise and any excursions you take. I have been on the Jewel, but never on the Radiance, so looking forward to it. I am excited about the JS also. Maybe we can e-mail each other? Karen

• 2 months later...
Masonpips, I would be interested in hearing all about your cruise and any excursions you take. I have been on the Jewel, but never on the Radiance, so looking forward to it. I am excited about the JS also. Maybe we can e-mail each other? Karen

Absolutely! We're at 2 weeks out, SO excited!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived