Has anyone recently gotten a Courtesy call from Celebrity's Corporate Office?

alliebrandy

I just hung up from one. Woman stated that she was making Courtesy calls want to thank DH and I for being loyal customers and to say bon voyage and hope that we enjoy our up-coming cruise on the Connie next week. It kinda surprised me. Wonder if everyone else is getting calls. :cool:

We’ve received many of these from RCCL. It is a nice gesture, unless you expected the call to be an upgrade.:eek:

M

A nice gesture indeed, and no I was not expecting it to be about an upgrade at all. As we are perfectly content with our cabin selection.

If it's the call many of us have been getting recently, it's from marketing and they can assist you in purchasing things.....in other words, it's really a sales call.

Might have been, but she never said one word about anything to purchase or upgrade to. It was just as I posted initially, to have a wonderful trip and thank you for being a loyal customer.

Might have been, but she never said one word about anything to purchase or upgrade to. It was just as I posted initially, to have a wonderful trip and thank you for being a loyal customer.

I have also received these calls pre-cruise, and they are exactly as you described. :D (Never tried to sell me anything, and I appreciated the calls.)

I think it's a nice touch and another reason why I sail Celebrity.

It sounds nice. It hasn't happened to me. I once got a message from another cruise line that was selling upgrades for a mere fortune of thousands of dollars. It seems that the only phone calls that cruise lines make is to sell. Some lines, not X, keep calling. I guess they hope that they will get you to book. I got a random call yesterday from another line asking me to book the owners suite. I just laughed. When sales are slow, the phone people have to keep busy.

On the other hand, when you call Celebrity with a question /problem after booking, you will be lucky to get a person who is helpful. Yesterday I called and spoke to 5 people before I had my question answered.

I had received a call a couple of weeks ago. This will be my first Celebrity cruise, so I didn't know if this was the norm. The girl told me that she wanted to make our cruise as stress free as possible and would book any of the tours or specialty restaurants. I thought that this was a nice touch from a class operation.

Stephanie

I just hung up from one. Woman stated that she was making Courtesy calls want to thank DH and I for being loyal customers and to say bon voyage and hope that we enjoy our up-coming cruise on the Connie next week. It kinda surprised me. Wonder if everyone else is getting calls. :cool:

We have always gotten a call from Celebrity after our cruise asking if our cruise was OK and if there had been any problems. Once or twice we did have an issue and Celebrity made it right. This is but one of the reasons we have remained loyal Celebriry customers. We feel for the money spent Celebrity offers great value. :)

We have always gotten a call from Celebrity after our cruise asking if our cruise was OK and if there had been any problems. Once or twice we did have an issue and Celebrity made it right. This is but one of the reasons we have remained loyal Celebriry customers. We feel for the money spent Celebrity offers great value. :)

We have never received a call after a celebrity cruise....and we've done over 10 cruises with Celebrity.

I booked a "courtesy 24 hour hold" a couple of days ago and, after realizing the date didn't work for me, let it expire.

Then yesterday I got a call from Celebrity saying they noticed I let it expire AND that we had just returned from a cruise. He asked if he could do anything to help me plan our next cruise.

I had wanted to commend a couple of people on our cruise (I did fill out the comment card but was never able to get any Attention to Detail cards (and I asked for them several times!!!) but I wanted to make sure that these people were noticed by Corporate.) He passed my comments on to the appropriate people and said he would love to help me in the future and that he would love to earn one of my comments about extraordinary service.

I thought it was a really nice touch!

I booked a "courtesy 24 hour hold" a couple of days ago and, after realizing the date didn't work for me, let it expire.

Then yesterday I got a call from Celebrity saying they noticed I let it expire AND that we had just returned from a cruise. He asked if he could do anything to help me plan our next cruise.

I had wanted to commend a couple of people on our cruise (I did fill out the comment card but was never able to get any Attention to Detail cards (and I asked for them several times!!!) but I wanted to make sure that these people were noticed by Corporate.) He passed my comments on to the appropriate people and said he would love to help me in the future and that he would love to earn one of my comments about extraordinary service.

I thought it was a really nice touch!

After our last cruise to Alaska we got a curtesy call asking if the cruise met our expectations. I told them about the fishing tour my husband took which was quite unsatisfactory. We received a follow up call to ask for more information from my husband. It impressed me to know that our concerns were at least being considered.

Archived