We Will Never Cruise With RCI Again

We are vetern cruisers on many different lines. I'm not at all happy about this encounter and it will be my last RCI cruise.

O.K., no problem.

If this upset you so much that it ruined your entire experience, I would hope that this would be your last RCCL cruise.

Good luck with Carnival... and be sure to pack some extra poop bags, but not in your checked luggage!:)

We got to go because of a bottle of face astringent. I thought it was humorous..

My husband had to go because of a bottle of Listerine. We got a big chuckle out of that. And went on to have a most excellent cruise.

I don't know how either! Please let us in on the secret.:confused:

Just open another browser and go to that thread. Hit reply like you were replying to that post, copy and then paste it to say this one for example, do it the amount of times from each post its coming from on that other thread(s). on that other browser. For this case I did it three times, copy and pasting the quotes.

Just open another browser and go to that thread. Hit reply like you were replying to that post, copy and then paste it to say this one for example, do it the amount of times from each post its coming from on that other thread(s). on that other browser. For this case I did it three times, copy and pasting the quotes.

Clever....thank you very much!:D

My husband had to go because of a bottle of Listerine. We got a big chuckle out of that. And went on to have a most excellent cruise.

Awesome attitude!!

Yes, we used to be able to multi-quote 3 posts, but now it is down to 2 and if you need to quote more than that, your method is what I do as well.

LOL

You mean these?

From this tread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36548889#post36548889

Great detective work there Mr Gumshoe ! I see the OP is signed in, but I don't blame them for not coming back.....what can they say? They asked beforehand what to do.....didn't head the warning, and now they wonder why their cruise didn't start out too well.

We weren't there, so we don't know what constitutes "rude"....that's a subjective term. *If* in reality they were "rude", there's no excuse for that....but if it's a matter of doing their job they're paid to do, and they didn't come across properly to a room full of irritated guests, that's a different story. That part we'll have to take their word for it.

Hopefully your next Non-RCCL cruise will turn out better than your cruise on the Brilliance.

Edited to say....I think RCCL should offer to deliver *any* bag that ended up down there. It should then be the guests decision on how they want to handle it. I can tell you what me and ? 95% of what everybody else would do....."Thanks for the offer, but I've been waiting long enough to finish unpacking, and I'll be glad to schelp this to my cabin myself"

We got to go because of a bottle of face astringent. I thought it was humorous..

I see where you might have needed to have the luggage inspected further, but then it should have been the cruise lines responsibility to deliver the luggage.

Well, I'll try and move this thread along to page three if at all possible. Why would someone who is a "veteran cruiser":cool: ask about the (carry-on) policy? Then in a complete REVERSAL ignore all the tips and the no you have to do it this way and we have always carried on our wine and they scan all bags from another thread and get THE STINK EYE from the baggage people in the naughty room.:confused: This ranks right up there with my MDR trauma when I ordered the escargo and the waiter placed a dish of SNAILS in front of me. How difficult is it to keep the snails off my plate?

Is funny you say that about the "Listerine" bottle. After I saw this post I looked up RC's policy to see how different it was from Carnivals as Carnivals specify's you must have it in your carry on and RC's doesn't say that. But in any event I thought it was funny how they call out mouth wash bottles. They surely have been browsing CC board finding all the tricks. Glad for my next cruise I got the alcohol package and I already know what my cost is and never a thought of trying to "bring extra strong mouthwash". :D

I do feel bad for the OP in regards to it does seem like how they "appeared" to have treated him is what he's more upset with than the policy. However, I'm one that believes you can't let the small stuff get to you. If we all let everything on a cruise or in general get us in a huff we'd never cruise or leave our house. Some things you just have to smile and nod and let go. For me something like this I'd just shrug off, there are to many other great things on a cruise to let something small like this "ruin" it and say I'd never cruise "said" cruise line again.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ&

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard? s.gif A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

If bottles are detected on the scanners, your luggage will not be delivered and you will spend precious hours of your vacation time waiting in line to get into the naughty room where you will have to open your luggage, waive goodbye to your bottles and then haul your luggage to your cabin. Not worth it for the few times they might miss a bottle IMO.
Did I do it right?

If that came from the other thread, you sure did! Good job. :)

Thanks, I learn something new every day, much like the OP. By the way, since it was a spring break cruise, who do you think would have been first in line complaining if college kids had snuck booze in their luggage and were whooping it up? Another case of the rules apply to everyone but me....:p

Thanks, I learn something new every day, much like the OP. By the way, since it was a spring break cruise, who do you think would have been first in line complaining if college kids had snuck booze in their luggage and were whooping it up? Another case of the rules apply to everyone but me....:p

You're on the Jewel two cruises before me, take good care of her for me. Look for my "Live" report. :) I can't wait to cruise her for the first time.

That's what this board is always about, learning some new fun things or re-learning the stuff we forgot. :)

I got to go because of a bottle of shampoo and a bottle of bodywash. I bought the super-economy size bottles and didn't think a thing about it. I laughed because the lady inspecting my bottles looked surprised when she sniffed them and they were actually shampoo and bodywash :D

My husband didn't think it was so funny, so I was threatened if I brought those huge bottles again. (j/k)

And as far as schleping my bag up to our cabin... please. I'm not that much of a princess that I couldn't haul my suitcase down the hall :rolleyes: They were just doing their job and it made me want to pack less next time though ;) (but I didn't!) This cruise, we even carried our parents' luggage from the loading area to help out the stewards because we were passing by and saw it.

So a thread with 7 responses, including 2 incorrect answers to the question and the rest responding to other issues is used as an example of someone being repeatedly warned???

Sad.

What I find sad is your comment. What are you, married to this guy? What 2 answers were incorrect? The one response about sports mugs was something he asked about. Also, as a "veteran cruiser", he should know enough to check with the cruise line directly, not count on a bunch of strangers. The info is all there on the website. He knew the policy and was trying to get away with something. I can almost guarantee you he also did carry on 2 bottles and was bringing 2 extra. He knew the rules and tried to skirt them. I ain't mad at him! :D But, to quit a cruise line because they followed their stated, written policies :eek: IDIOTIC!!!:D:D

Archived