Did you like a Cove Balcony?

BellaBaci4

Just off the Breeze. We had 2 adjoining balconies. 2345,2349 with the partition opened. GREAT Location.

Up 1 floor to dining.

IMG_1947_zps23d9b2dd.jpg

Ours was the 4+5th from the left, after the blank space. you can see the open partition.

This picture looks like heaven! Can't wait!

I had a cove balcony on my solo cruise in september. i loved it. it was nice to be close to the water. and when we were in port you could take pictures from the balcony without looking like you were so far away. My favorite part was on the last night on the way back home the boat went through a storm with big waves. the boat listed 20 degrees and water actually would come up over the balcony in the high waves. i thought it was the coolest thing ever! some might not think it is quite as cool. if it got really bad there is a second door you can close but even with the waves, no water got in. still way awesome.

We will be in Cove cabin 2370 on the Dream in a couple of weeks and we're eagerly looking forward to it.:) It is below the galley I believe (all others were taken when we booked). I understand it may be noisy - but will it be unbearable? Anyone stay in Cove 2370? Too late to change - just curious. Never had trouble going to sleep on a ship before - don't expect to this time.

Somebody's ready........:p

Thx!

We had 2368 on the Breeze in December and had no problems with noise. There was one night (I think the night before Nassau) where the ship hit a large wave and listed sharply to one side and I heard a cart roll across the floor above and hit the wall, but the sudden movement of the ship almost rolled us out of bed anyway, so the noise didn't wake us :D

Hi All,

Looking at a Cove Balcony on the Dream. We have never sailed on such a low deck before. Please offer your opinions. Did you like that deck? Any drawbacks? Positives? I'm confused.

Thanks Much

Bella

We had a Cove on Magic and loved it.

The positives/drawbacks depend on what you prefer. As far as the view goes, we enjoyed being closer to the ocean and having the up-close and personal views of the marine life as well as the land-based mammals (we had the best view in the house for the running of the drunks :D ). Some people like the view better from the top decks, though. Also, my husband gets a little green around the gills sometimes, so a lower deck with less movement was a plus for him. IMO, the privacy is fantastic, and we had just the right amount of sun/shade overall. Some may want more sun.

A universal drawback is the fact that many are underneath some seriously noisy areas: galley/MDR/lobby. There are a few rooms that are underneath the Shore Excursions and Guest Services desks. If you can get one of these, DO IT! These will have considerably less noise. Just the occasional door slam.

Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone for the feedback! Looking forward to the Cove Balcony (and preparing myself for the noice) and looking forward to the Dream. I'm hoping she will be all fresh and clean after her downtown for repairs (that is, if CCL made good use of that time and I'm hopeful they did). :)

Somebody's ready.............

• 4 years later...
We will be in Cove cabin 2370 on the Dream in a couple of weeks and we're eagerly looking forward to it.:) It is below the galley I believe (all others were taken when we booked). I understand it may be noisy - but will it be unbearable? Anyone stay in Cove 2370? Too late to change - just curious. Never had trouble going to sleep on a ship before - don't expect to this time.

Somebody's ready........:p

Thx!

Wondering about your experience in this cabin - looking to book 2370 and wanted to know if you had any noise issues from the galley above? thx :)

I'm one of the few that didn't care for a cove balcony. We had 2273 on Dream which is the very first cove balcony on the starboard side. We had some bad weather and the seas were rough the whole trip.

Cons - The spray soaked the balcony and made it unusable most days. It wasn't just damp it was drippy wet. It was also dark with little sun, which I think contributed to it not drying out.

Pros - Loved being close to the water and coming back from port was a breeze with just 1 set of stairs up to the cabin.

I would try it again but get something farther back out of reach of the bow spray.

Another cove lover here! Would never book another type of room on a ship that has them unless I need to save money. I love being that close to the water, and I love the additional balcony space. And the shade is a real plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm one of the few that didn't care for a cove balcony. We had 2273 on Dream which is the very first cove balcony on the starboard side. We had some bad weather and the seas were rough the whole trip.

Cons - The spray soaked the balcony and made it unusable most days. It wasn't just damp it was drippy wet. It was also dark with little sun, which I think contributed to it not drying out.

Pros - Loved being close to the water and coming back from port was a breeze with just 1 set of stairs up to the cabin.

I would try it again but get something farther back out of reach of the bow spray.

We just booked 2273 on the Magic. It's either that or something under the galley. What would everyone recommend? I'm looking forward to trying a cove balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did the cove on the Breeze, got another one again for our vista 2018 cruise. We loved it! It's great for getting on an off the ship quickly. Love being close to the ocean. I liked that it was shaded since I get sunburned easily.

Does anyone know if the Cove balcony partitions can be opened on the Vista?

Yes they can, we just sailed in 2308. My parents were in 2306. We were able to open the partition between our rooms. It was so nice!

We love coves! We have our third one booked for the Magic next March. So close to the water. We saw flying fish and even dolphins jumping through the waves in the middle of the ocean. So nice to only go up two decks when coming back from port. Our room this past March did not have life boats above it. It was also super quiet. Plus we like the extra excersize when going to higher decks. We always take the stairs. As long as the ship has coves that's where we will be.

This cabin is under the Shore Excursion desk so it should be super quiet. It is the first cove cabin forward so if the seas are rough you can expect spray from the bow wave.

that is what i saw on Youtube when it is windy the balcony was wet there was a crack along the side you could see into the next cabin, my research convince me to go with a regular balcony cove is not for meclear.png?emoji-frown-1741

We loved our cove on the Dream, #2325. Would do it again anytime. Very quiet and we spend a ton of time on the balcony. The only drawback was during the first 2 days during rough seas and the spray would get you sometimes but not enough to make us not be out there.

HI all!

I loved my cove balcony on Breeze & so did everybody who saw it! I'm not a sun worshipper so liked the shade of it & how near the water it was. I also liked that it's a bit bigger than a standard balcony & has the ledge you can use as a foot rest.

It sure was a nice change from the interiors I usually get.

~ Jo ~ :)

Just off the Breeze. We had 2 adjoining balconies. 2345,2349 with the partition opened. GREAT Location.

Up 1 floor to dining.

IMG_1947_zps23d9b2dd.jpg

IMG_2067_zps28d1f251.jpg

Ours was the 4+5th from the left, after the blank space. you can see the open partition.

Thanks so much for posting these! For our July cruise on Breeze, we are in 2345 and our friends are in 2349! :D

We had booked 2379 on the Breeze but after reading this thread I wanted to change to a cabin that wasn't under the galley. I've been checking and 2273 showed as available so I called. They also had 2283 which looks like it's just to the aft side of guest services. I'm guessing it will be quieter than under the galley. Now we just have to wait until October. We're really looking forward to trying a Cove Balcony.

• 7 months later...