Port Everglades - Long Debark Notice

PACrew

Hi Susie:).....you are a better woman than I......even with

self disembarkation? I would not attempt a 10:30 flight:eek:...not

with what everyone is saying.....I had a noon flight booked

and changed it to 3:45. Oh, I would not book a 10:30 flight even

if things were going smoothly.

Agree with you. Booking a flight that early with such long disembarkation time seems like a big gamble. Hope it works out for you.

Hope it'll be fixed by January. I just booked 10:30am flights out of Ft Lauderdale!

We will carry off our own luggage so hopefully it won't be too bad.

In January, we disembarked at 8:00 am, went through customs and then waited for a taxi for about 45 minutes and arrived at the airport about 9:15am. Westjet line was not bad, so we were at our gate by 9:45am. Our flight was not until 11:30, so we had plenty of time. I'd be a bit nervous with a 10:30 flight. It's possible, but any delays at the port and you will not make it in time.

It's a purposeful and intentional work slowdown. I will say something if the same happens to me.

The problem is that they can make you miserable and slow you down even more. Hopefully, we will see a change in the future.

See you on board Kevin and safe travels and hopefully we will have a great embarking experience and a good time.

Hi Susie:).....you are a better woman than I......even with

self disembarkation? I would not attempt a 10:30 flight:eek:...not

with what everyone is saying.....I had a noon flight booked

and changed it to 3:45. Oh, I would not book a 10:30 flight even

if things were going smoothly.

I know but we didn't have a lot of choice- it was that or 8pm or really awful connections. We don't normally book before noon.

So, we're going to give it a shot. We can carry off our own luggage so hopefully it'll be okay especially since it's 9 months away.

I know but we didn't have a lot of choice- it was that or 8pm or really awful connections. We don't normally book before noon.

So, we're going to give it a shot. We can carry off our own luggage so hopefully it'll be okay especially since it's 9 months away.

And you are Canadian , they should just part the line for us:p

When we sailed Eclipse in December 2012, we had booked a flight from FLL to Detroit at 11:15am. We chose self disembarkation thinking that would help us meet this time frame. We were delayed leaving the ship and I can tell you that tempers were getting really short as we waited to get off. There were many in line who had booked flights for 10:20am. Now, we were lucky in that we were able to pass through customs quickly and get a cab right away. We were at FLL airport at 9:15am. Listening to the experiences since that time, we will not push our luck with such an early flight in the future unless circumstances improve.

Randy

We flew on a 1115 flight with Delta this past march. We chose self debarkation and so did half of the ship. We did get out by 830 so it wasnt too bad, but will look at a later flight time for the next cruise.

We'll have to wait to see how disembarkation goes, but we arrived at 11:30 this morning to board the Equinox, and we were on board and finished with lunch by 12:30. Cabins were ready a little before 2:00.

Only the Equinox and one other ship in port today. I'm sure that made a difference.

We left the equinox on Friday. We decided it was better to book a shore excursion to Everglades before being dropped off at FLL airport. We needed to meet at 7:45. Departure on your was supposed to be 9am. We had to wait onboard till about 8:45 then we were through customs and immigration an hour later. The lines were long but apparently it was a good day as there were only 2 ships in port and we were at the larger dock for the oasis etc. There were 2 lines for immigration us and non us I think the us line moved slightly quicker than the non us line we were in. Our tour didn't leave till 10:30 as they were still waiting for people to get through. At 10:30 they said they would leave whether or not everyone was through. People were arriving to board before 10:30 when we left on excursion! We were in group 3 and there were many more groups after us so I doubt boarding was ready then!!

I wouldn't recommend that approach unless you enjoy cavity searches!:D

What I have seen from my personal experience, if the first inspecting agent is aggravated, they will mark your declaration card with a yellow highlighter and when you hand that in at the end, they send you to a room where they inspect your luggage. A thorough inspection which further delays your departure. And of course if they find anything there that you didn't declare properly or worse, illegal, then I suspect the real fun starts.

Just off silhouette today - almost two hours from when they called our group (#17) to clearing customs. I did not see any evidence of a work slowdown - just 4 agents to clear 3000 passengers. Also we our agent was serving two lines while others served only 1. also luggage pickup is chaotic.

Great cruise other than that will post review later.

There were four customs agents. No different line for non US folks (my hubs is a Kiwi). We were out in a half hour, disembarking at around 9am. But............we had Luggage Valet (totally worth it) and also went on the land and sea tour, so were with an excursion.

As we were sitting on the bus ready to toll, I watched the taxi line get longer and longer, with no cabs in sight. Then the cabs returned and the line moved, but I was actually glad not to be out in the sun in that long cab line. There were uniformed dudes who were making sure things stayed orderly.

Just off the Silhouette today. We experienced the longest debarkation ever! We were scheduled to leave the ship at 9:20 AM. We didn't get off the ship till approximately 11, and then came all the slow moving lines. Got out of customs around 12:15. Then we had to wait about 20 minutes for a taxi. I'm sure a lot of people missed their flights. An aggravating ending to an otherwise wonderful cruise. Anyone who has a flight before 2 pm might have a problem.

We left the equinox on Friday. We decided it was better to book a shore excursion to Everglades before being dropped off at FLL airport. We needed to meet at 7:45. Departure on your was supposed to be 9am. We had to wait onboard till about 8:45 then we were through customs and immigration an hour later. The lines were long but apparently it was a good day as there were only 2 ships in port and we were at the larger dock for the oasis etc. There were 2 lines for immigration us and non us I think the us line moved slightly quicker than the non us line we were in. Our tour didn't leave till 10:30 as they were still waiting for people to get through. At 10:30 they said they would leave whether or not everyone was through. People were arriving to board before 10:30 when we left on excursion! We were in group 3 and there were many more groups after us so I doubt boarding was ready then!!

Exact same experience for us. We had heard from one of the customs people that it was a good day- they had additional agents! It took us exactly 35 minutes from the time we got in line to go thru customs until we were outside. It did take longer for us to wait on the bus for the rest of the people on the tour (you are right- the bus left at 10:30, and we got on it about 9:30). Thank goodness our flight wasn't leaving until 5 PM, but in general, from here on out, we will not book a return flight before 1-2 PM- or stay an extra night in a hotel. What a horrible way (i.e.- worrying about making your flight- all that stress!) to end a wonderful vacation!!

We returned to Port Everglades yesterday from a week on the Silhouette. We did express walk off and we were at the airport by 815. The process worked smoothly and though difficult (our 8 year old carried his own luggage as did I (I walk with a cane)), it was worth not having to deal with the crowds. Only way to go IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...
What happened to the days when the customs agents came on board and cleared you. I remember lining up the stage and answering all the same questions on board as I do in the terminal. It seemed to work well.

They still do if your going into the UK from say Dubai or Florida. Independence of the Seas debarked 3000 people at Southampton on Saturday last; we left the ship at 0850 and even including the wait for a cab were on the rail station at 0935. That's 45 minutes as opposed to over 2.5 hours in Fll.

3.5 hours from leaving the Infinity to seeing the Florida sky for us.

Going to have to consider if we want to cruise through FL again.

We have done considering and will not be cruising in/out of the USA again for the foreseeable future.

Archived