Cabin Temperature

luvSClake

We will be on the Star Princess for an Alaskan cruise in August. I have been wondering about temperatures on the ship. Are the dining rooms and public areas kept comfortable and are there individual temperature controls in the cabins?

You control the temperature of your cabin with a thermostat. Want it cooler or warmer depending on the venue, open the door to the deck. If in an interior only use the thermostat. Most just adjust the flow of the air. Temps in the ship are nominal (read that as 68-72). Up on the Lido deck it is what is outside that rules as the doors to the restaurant from the pools open often.

I would recommend having a light sweat or cardigan with you since I did find myself getting occasionally cool.

Make sure you also bring warm clothes. It rained on our trip to Alaska about 5/7 days and it got fairly cold too.

I have always found the MDR and theater to be extra chilly, and always bring a sweater, wrap, and scarf so I'm not wearing the same overlay every evening. We are on Star Princess a few weeks before you, and I plan to bring warm dresses (knits) and sweaters for dining and afterward.

We are planning a cruise to Italy. Are there individual thermostats in all the cabins on those ships as well? What is the temperature in the public rooms? We are going with our daughter who is only 3 and it’s very important for us. Thank you!

We are planning a cruise to Italy. Are there individual thermostats in all the cabins on those ships as well? What is the temperature in the public rooms? We are going with our daughter who is only 3 and it’s very important for us. Thank you!

Broadly the same ships & same indoor temperatures as on previous posts.

Like others I particularly find restaurants on the cool side - but so much easier to counter than too hot & stuffy.

Don't know whether it's just me, but sometimes cabin air-con controls don't do what is wanted or take a while to take effect. Mebbe cos I usually cruise old rust-tubs :D

If you have a balcony cabin, the open balcony door will negate the effects of air-con and on many ships having the balcony door open actually switches off the air-con. As well as sending a hurricane through the cabin if the corridor door is opened :eek:

So keep the balcony door closed.

If you're cruising the Med in summer, at sea there's a huge difference between the bear-pit by the pool & parts of the ship which get a shady breeze. And ashore the sun can be brutal, especially un-shaded places like Pompeii or the Acropolis. So take hats & a parasol or somesuch for junior.

JB :)

across the board( by ship/cruiseline for the most part):

public areas will be cooler overall. In fact I find them TOO cold, no matter what the itinerary is. I always have a sweater or light jacket for dinner and walking around on deck at night. even during the day inside in the caribbean I am chilly

you can regulate( to a point) the temperature inside the cabin, but those with Balconies tend to have auto shut off features when you open the balcony doors.

How cool or warm the public areas area will vary somewhat by gender. If this question was posed to my DW she would say its too cold in the MDR and Theatre. I on the otherhand think the temps are just right.

While all cabins have a thermostat, there are upper and lower limits to the temp range. I have yet to find a cabin with one the cools down to my comfort zone.

http::/luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Last year on the Golden Princess I took a lightweight black cardigan to dinner and shows every evening... and I don't remember ever putting it on! Of course, that's me... I also wore shorts and t-shirts on deck and in ports quite often that week.

On the first night, I take pashmina with me and feel for the temperature in places. I often find that some bars are colder than others and some dining rooms but you can take a walk around the ship when you get on board to have a look around and the temperatures don't change much during the trip.

In the room, even if you have it on the coldest setting and you are still warm (or vice versa), tell the steward, they have the facility to alter the system further for you.

Archived