Which side is my bed on?

I have never been in a balcony and in looking at pictures of different rooms, it seems there are two layouts. The bed by the balcony and then the bed by the closet. How do I figure out which configuration I have or is there no way to really know?

I have never been in a balcony and in looking at pictures of different rooms, it seems there are two layouts. The bed by the balcony and then the bed by the closet. How do I figure out which configuration I have or is there no way to really know?

I try and find cabin pictures that cruisers have posted to get a "real" look at the room. Sometimes the cruise lines use standard pics for their site with a disclaimer that this may not be the actual layout??

On the Enchantment of the Seas Balcony we had the bed close to the closet. On our upcoming Explorer cruise from what I can see the bed is closer to the Balcony. Also don't forget that the headboard will be on the left in one cabin and the right in the next.

Happy Cruising

If you are speaking of your Allure cruise, find a pair of connecting cabins close to yours. If you are looking at the doors from the hallway, the cabin on the right has the bed by the balcony, the cabin on the left has the cabin by the closet. If you count from that set of cabins, they switch back and forth between the two since the cabins are built in sets of 2. Of course, there may be a unique cabin in the way but most of the time this pattern works.

Don't worry about which is which. We have seen both and there are pros and cons to each.

Thanks all. I am less worried about left and right and more interested in near the balcony or near the closet. I checked the deck plans and it seems that I am in a room near the closet. DRAT.

It depends on which ship you are sailing on. They are not all the same.

They're on Oasis in December of this year.

Personally I didn't mind having the bed near the closet. I liked having the couch nearer to the balcony. But, yeah, I know, personal preference and all that. :)

Thanks all. I am less worried about left and right and more interested in near the balcony or near the closet. I checked the deck plans and it seems that I am in a room near the closet. DRAT.

Not sure if you are coming back to this thread, but don't knock it until you try it. Our cabin last year had the bed by the closet and we actually preferred it that way in our situation. We had 2 of us in the cabin with the bed as a queen. Our kids were across the hall (in the opposite configuration) and when they were in our cabin, having the seating area go out to the balcony made the cabin much more usable for us. With the bed as one, there was plenty of space (lots no, but enough) to get into the closet. I can see if you have 2 twins it may get tight.

As I said my kids had opposite configuration and if we were all in their room at the same time it was much tighter. Of course having the bed by the balcony made the closets more accessible for them and no fighting over who was next to closet.

All in all I was very happy that we had the cabin configurations that we did, both of them and for different reasons!

I've had both layouts, and I actually ended up liking the bed by the closet more because even though it made closet entry a bit tight, it certainly made the room feel bigger having the balcony area so open! Happy sailing.

Not sure if you are coming back to this thread, but don't knock it until you try it. Our cabin last year had the bed by the closet and we actually preferred it that way in our situation. We had 2 of us in the cabin with the bed as a queen. Our kids were across the hall (in the opposite configuration) and when they were in our cabin, having the seating area go out to the balcony made the cabin much more usable for us. With the bed as one, there was plenty of space (lots no, but enough) to get into the closet. I can see if you have 2 twins it may get tight.

As I said my kids had opposite configuration and if we were all in their room at the same time it was much tighter. Of course having the bed by the balcony made the closets more accessible for them and no fighting over who was next to closet.

All in all I was very happy that we had the cabin configurations that we did, both of them and for different reasons!

I've had both layouts, and I actually ended up liking the bed by the closet more because even though it made closet entry a bit tight, it certainly made the room feel bigger having the balcony area so open! Happy sailing.
You can add me to the folks that prefer the bed by the closet

Because they are not likely to have a clue what you are talking about.

Definitely! I am new to royal and everytime I call about anything I get conflicting info. I am also still waiting on my blacony credit of $150 from when we booked. PVP said it will show in a week , 2 weeks later it still isnt here and he replied "keep in mind it will take 1-2 weeks":rolleyes: still waiting...

regarding the beds, it does sound nice for the balcony area to be more open :D thanks for all your help!

We've been on 4 cruises, and had balcony cabins with the bed by the balcony. We went on a "cabin crawl" on the Oasis last October & saw the bed by the closet. I liked it better by the balcony. We are on Allure (in 10 days!) and our cabin will have the bed by the closet. I'm glad to read that many prefer this way. But I have to say that my DH & I don't really care either way cuz we are just so excited to be going on another cruise!! :D

It's actually pretty easy to find out...when you open the door, you will either notice the bed closer to the balcony, or closer to the door.

If the bed appears closer to the door, then then it's closer to the door. If the bed appears closer to the balcony, then it's closer to the balcony.

I know this can be confusing, but you'll eventually get the hang of figuring out the configuration, and the more cruises you go on, the easier it will become.

After a while, you'll realize that hey! You're on vacation, and it doesn't really matter where the bed is.

It's actually pretty easy to find out...when you open the door, you will either notice the bed closer to the balcony, or closer to the door.

If the bed appears closer to the door, then then it's closer to the door. If the bed appears closer to the balcony, then it's closer to the balcony.

I know this can be confusing, but you'll eventually get the hang of figuring out the configuration, and the more cruises you go on, the easier it will become.

After a while, you'll realize that hey! You're on vacation, and it doesn't really matter where the bed is.

Thanks EHFL, it is apparent that you are either a Nuclear Engineer or Rocket Scientist.

You made my day, I really enjoyed your sense of humor!:D

Archived