• 0-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81 and up

I leave on my 5th TA on the Adventure in 10 days and I'm 50.

Another one booked for November and then the Oasis east bound next year.

Pete

I am on the AOS TA as well. I am 60. But only feel 40.:):):D

Age is a state of mind. If you do not mind it doesn't matter.;);)

Not all repositionings are TA's and we did one a few years back from San Juan to Ft. Lauderdale. It was chock full of families including our son (20) daughter (18) and her friend (18).

We've done a couple TA's and a couple longer cruises- we are in our 40's and early 50's and we have appeared to be very young on the TAs. Several times, we've been approached in the lounge asking how are able to do our long vacations- short answer: DINKS. To be honest, our 12 day on Enchantment last year may have been the oldest average crowd. We've never seen so many scooters on a ship :D

BTW, I voted 51-60, but easily would agree with 61-70.

Edited by J&SLowery

I'm cruises as to what the average age is on repo or transatlantic crossings? I know it's typically older but what's the average. I just booked my first on oasis so I'm curious what the age range will be.

My experience with repositioning is that the average age is significantly older than the usual crowd. Our most recent repositioning from Boston to Tampa was 60+ for sure. There were only 12 children out of 2440 passengers. I am looking forward to seeing what the age is on the Grandeur of the Seas 9 day repositioning in 13 days (but who is counting!)

I would think the average age range on a TA would be younger and (because of the air fares) perhaps more affluent.

We're also on the upcoming TA on Adventure, and my husband and I are both in the "61-70" group.

We recently did a Panama Canal repositioning on Disney Cruise Line, and we were among the younger passengers LOL!!!

The longer cruises are wonderful, and we can do them because I've been at my job so long that I have a huge amount of vacation time, and my husband is about to retire, so we'll have even more time to cruise.

Beth

We did the Liberty OTS TA in fall of 2011, and due to the length of the sailing (14-nights,) the vast majority of folks were retired. DH and I are in our 60s. There were many folks older, and enough that were younger (40s and 50s) to round out the mix. Keep in mind that a lot of younger folks, or people with school aged kids, can't take 2 or more weeks off of work at one time.

We enjoyed that cruise very much, and I'm sure you will enjoy your TA as well. Bon voyage!

I am not sure the Oasis TA's will be average...it is a special happening that may draw more young people than most TA's. Have a great time.

I have been on several TA's. I guessed the average age to be 61-70. Of course there are some young people (including preschoolers) aboard pulling down that average. Median age I'd guess 68-75.

Edited by Starry Eyes

My 20 yo daughter and I did our 1st TA last year, and were surprised by the age ranges on board. Daughter was thrilled to find a class of college students on their way over for a semester abroad. There were families with young children, young couples, as well as the mix of retired adults you may think made up the majority of TA cruisers.

I'm cruises as to what the average age is on repo or transatlantic crossings? I know it's typically older but what's the average. I just booked my first on oasis so I'm curious what the age range will be.

...I bet you will be hearing alot of "sonny boy" and "whipper snapper". And prune juice will run out half way through your trip.Lunch will have alot of soft foods. Dining time will begin at 4:15 p.m. Bingo?.....Forgettaboutit...........;)

I am not sure the Oasis TA's will be average...it is a special happening that may draw more young people than most TA's. Have a great time.

I have been on several TA's. I guessed the average age to be 61-70. Of course there are some young people (including preschoolers) aboard pulling down that average. Median age I'd guess 68-75.

Agree on both of your comments. Especially feel more younger folks than normal for a TA will be on Oasis. We've been on Oasis. It's a floating resort and would be perfect for a TA. Lots to do and no worries about being bored. :D

LuLu

~~~~

I turn 69 tomorrow......already today in some areas! So, I'm booked on a couple more TA's..........but looks like I should give it up when I'm 70, or just beyond, and just fly!

That's nuts!!:D I'll keep cruising the TA's till they dump me overboard, probably in a box!:):D

Rick

Agree on both of your comments. Especially feel more younger folks than normal for a TA will be on Oasis. We've been on Oasis. It's a floating resort and would be perfect for a TA. Lots to do and no worries about being bored. :D

LuLu

~~~~

I agree. Oasis has a loyal following. Many people have been waiting for this TA. They see it as a unique opportunity. They likely would not book a TA on another ship. But, Oasis has tempted them.

I turn 69 tomorrow......already today in some areas! So, I'm booked on a couple more TA's..........but looks like I should give it up when I'm 70, or just beyond, and just fly!

That's nuts!!:D I'll keep cruising the TA's till they dump me overboard, probably in a box!:):D

Rick

Happy birthday.:)

I have a feeling the Oasis TA might have a slightly younger average age due to the novelty factor of the cruise but I'm thinking there might not be too big of a lineup for the flow rider at any time ;)

I also have a feeling that next month on my Hawaii repo cruise I will probably qualify for Adventure Ocean even though I'm in my mid...err... Late 30's :) due to it being pretty close to the end of a school year and the airfare costs involved in getting there. I can't imagine that a lot of Hawaiians would pay to do a 8 day Hawaiian cruise that will take them to Canada where as there's a lot of Floridians etc that would easily drive to the port to hop on a TA

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk