Six-Flags of the Seas.No thanks, I'll keep cruising for the love of the sea and ports

[quote name='Aviator of the Seas']How carnival-esque will cruising continue to get? What are these focus groups that RCI is listening to? I thought the Oasis class was over the top in the amusement-park-ification of cruising, but bumper cars? Observation cranes? What the....

I'll stick to the Radiance, Voyager and Freedom classes. Sheesh.[/quote]

If you have young children, this is appealing. For at sea days, how many times can you learn napkin folding, watch the cooking demonstration in the Centrum, and play bingo or trivia?

[quote name='ibcnusoon']After flying to Fort Lauderdale (to take a cruise out of Miami) in 2011 and then to fly to San Juan for another cruise in 2012, I am DONE with flying. I paid way too much money for our flights, pre-cruise hotels, transportation and meals (we have no choice but to travel during holidays) I am so looking forward to waking up the morning. rolling out of my bed, and traveling a short distance to the ship. I can pack what I want, how I want without the airlines breathing down my neck - or paying more for luggage fees than the seat price itself. I can be home in a few short hours, not sit in an airport waiting for a flight home. I am so over flying for a cruise ship![/QUOTE]

I am so jealous. I know just how you feel. I live in northern Michigan. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive to Detroit, usually a hotel there, fly in pre-cruise the day ahead, hotel there, then finally after a couple shuttle or taxi rides, we get to the port. All that cost as much as the cruise and usually even more.

I'm happy for you!!! :)

[quote name='LuckiStac13*Majesty*']Great point...maybe that's the aim. They have to be very much aware of the fact that there is a large number of upper-tier C&A members that won't love these new ships. But they have to go where the money is, so I get what they're doing. I just don't like it, ha! I will have to try Celebrity one day. Might be sooner than I thought![/quote]

Personally, I think it's a smart marketing move for the cruise lines to make each line unique and different. For a while, they were are trying to be basically the same as everyone else and then a few lines started breaking away with really unique ships - it's nice to have a choice concerning the type of cruise experience I want. If there isn't a significant difference between lines, then what's the point of having all of them?

I feel the cruiselines try to find that little nitch and then they test the demographics and then build it. They pretty much know in advance what percentage of new and past cruisers will like and not like on the new ships. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Go Reds.

I'll say this much. While not everything on that ship video turns me on, one thing I do find really annoying. Quantum's Godmother. If they tried, they couldn't have picked a more annoying person to be Godmother. Gawd, I hate that voice. And to be honest, I never heard of the woman.

[quote name='nbsjcruiser']I'll say this much. While not everything on that ship video turns me on, one thing I do find really annoying. Quantum's Godmother. If they tried, they couldn't have picked a more annoying person to be Godmother. Gawd, I hate that voice. And to be honest, I never heard of the woman.[/QUOTE]

You and I have a lot in common. I posted almost the same comment on another thread.

[quote name='nbsjcruiser']I'll say this much. While not everything on that ship video turns me on, one thing I do find really annoying. Quantum's Godmother. If they tried, they couldn't have picked a more annoying person to be Godmother. Gawd, I hate that voice. And to be honest, I never heard of the woman.[/quote]

She is very popular in the North East..particularly the NYC Broadway crowd...
which all fits into th entire marketing scheme.
I agree, what we have seen so far is not very flattering, but if want to see more check this You-tube: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmeQ2I9ae1w[/url]

Also check the videos on the right....

[quote name='nbsjcruiser']I'll say this much. While not everything on that ship video turns me on, one thing I do find really annoying. Quantum's Godmother. If they tried, they couldn't have picked a more annoying person to be Godmother. Gawd, I hate that voice. And to be honest, I never heard of the woman.[/quote]

I've heard of her and find her no less annoying than you do. EESH.

I'm not considering it anyway, but that would be enough to keep me off the inaugural ;)

Thought it was just me! I saw Wicked and don't remember her - no one could not forget that voice! :rolleyes::)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Future Cruises:[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Caribbean-2013[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Celebrity-Summit-Bermuda-2013[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Past Cruises:[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]NCL-Norwegian Gem-Bahamas-2012 [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2012[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2011[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Allure of the Seas-Labadee Extravaganza-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]NCL-Norwegian Jewel-Bahamas-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Bahamas-2010[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]NCL-Norwegian Jewel-New England & Canada-2009[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2009[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]HAL- Eurodam-NYC Introduction Cruise-2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Southern Caribbean-2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii Circle-2007[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Jewel of the Seas-Westbound Transatlantic-2005[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Voyager of the Seas-Western Caribbean-2004[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCCL-Serenade of the Seas-Canada-2003[/FONT]

Krisin Chenoweth is a actress who is on stage more than in movies. I believe she's about 5', Maybe 100 lbs. . So she's small. I think RCI will use her as Godmother and have some sort of show that she will sing in for the inaugural. That's my uneducated guess, but im sticking with it.

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Its NOT Like Royal Picked Linsay Lohan or Britney Spears :p
They used Fiona From Shrek for Allure ! :eek::confused::eek:
What are you Getting So Worked up About?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :rolleyes:

[quote name='Swath'][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Its NOT Like Royal Picked Linsay Lohan or Britney Spears :p
They used Fiona From Shrek for Allure ! :eek::confused::eek:
[COLOR="Red"]What are you Getting So Worked up About[/COLOR]?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I think he stated that he found the woman annoying. Is that your definition of worked up?

[quote name='greengrunt8']as a soon to be first time cruiser the mega ships have zero appeal[/QUOTE]

I'm not one to do nearly half the activities of the mega ships. I play basketball and enjoy mini golf. But there is something about the atmosphere that is really appealing. Everyone was so excited to be on Oasis, for example. I would rather be on a larger ship.

QOS has some fun features to be sure. But mostly I'm excited about exploring a new ship, and all the innovation.

Archived