More cancelled Triumph Cruises

txcruiser90

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. We were so excited the first time, then cancelled, and this was the last booking that fit into our schedule. We could try the magic but I was a little hesitant going on a 7 day for our first cruise

My very first cruise was a 7 day and I fell in love with cruising!!!! I say go for the 7 day cruise.

Did they give you 25% off a 7 day cruise??

Meredith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people who were told the 25% does not apply to 7 night sailings, only 5 or less. Sounds like the Carnival sympathy train is over. Carnival wants $800 to move them to the Magic!

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. We were so excited the first time, then cancelled, and this was the last booking that fit into our schedule. We could try the magic but I was a little hesitant going on a 7 day for our first cruise

You may be a bit hesitant for 1st time cruising, but from what I understand Magic is a great ship. Not 100 percent sure, but I am thinking if you take Magic you will be happy it's a 7, but unhappy it's not 8 nights.

Can't even imagine what they are trying to deal with on the phones.

When a recorded message tells you "if your issue is not time sensitive you may want to call back next week when we hope to have our service levels back to normal", it's gotta be crazy town there.

My VIFP status issues can wait a week. Or two.

We kept getting that message when we had questions about our recent April 11th cruise on The Elation. We ignored it, held and less than 15 minutes we had a live person on the phone.

Figure it, if every one listens to that message and hangs up no one is left holding so the lines are Carnival are basically free.

We found out today our first cruise scheduled for June 3rd on the Carnival Triumph was cancelled. We were able to change to the Carnival Magic sailing June 2nd. I'm a little worried about a 7 day cruise for the first time. My husband is not exactly a willing participant but I hope he will enjoy it in spite of all the stress associated with being booked on the Triumph...:confused::rolleyes:

We found out today our first cruise scheduled for June 3rd on the Carnival Triumph was cancelled. We were able to change to the Carnival Magic sailing June 2nd. I'm a little worried about a 7 day cruise for the first time. My husband is not exactly a willing participant but I hope he will enjoy it in spite of all the stress associated with being booked on the Triumph...:confused::rolleyes:

I think he will have a great time

And while I LOVE the Triumph, the Magic, is an improvement over her

I really think in spite of all the snags..Carnival will get back on game...if you want to go to ports, chill, have lots of no dress up and good fast food and lido options...and as a rule fairly big cabins for any level and price point..hard to beat..especially for first timers...One of the newer Carnival ships for 7 days would be a really nice bump..if it works with the pocket book enough and timing..you just can't dislike a Carnival cruise very easily...as a family...

Just met folks here who can afford fancy and do sometimes on land vacations and like to cruise with Carnival..there is alot out there, but price point is good for alot of pluses..sure I want to try other lines..had two Carnival in a row...but hope it works out for you guys and you are hearing from way more than just cheerleaders here...Sarah

It's just too bad Carnival is not honoring the 25% discount for a 7 night cruise that is listed on their site, this site, USA Today, etc. They are only honoring 15% because it is a 7 night cruise. Not a great way to conduct business.

Well its official. If you call Carnival the message has changed that now Triumph cruises have been cancelled to June 8. There goes my chance of a summer cruise :(

if this is true...again CC gets the scoop before CCL announces it...funny and CC gets a bad rap...

How can you say CC gets the scoop before CCL announces it when the OP said that Carnival has the message on their phone when you call them. Then the OP came here and told us about it. Looks to me like CCL announced it first.

I'm surprised nobody suggested just doing the same itenerary out of New Orleans. The Elation should have a comparable sailing the OP could book and it is not far away. Though he doesn't say if he's driving or flying.

That would actually make the cost of the trip come down, with the discount and the fact that sailings from NO are generally cheaper anyway.

I'm surprised nobody suggested just doing the same itenerary out of New Orleans. The Elation should have a comparable sailing the OP could book and it is not far away. Though he doesn't say if he's driving or flying.

That would actually make the cost of the trip come down, with the discount and the fact that sailings from NO are generally cheaper anyway.

Not everyone is capable of making that drive or affording the flights. The people I know are coming from Dallas so driving to NOLA is not logistically possible for them. I think they are going to cancel more Triumph sailings, I don't think they are done with the cancellations. Who knows what they will find when the boat makes its way to Freeport for dry dock.

Well its official. If you call Carnival the message has changed that now Triumph cruises have been cancelled to June 8. There goes my chance of a summer cruise :(

Not to be rude, but why would anyone want to step foot on to that ship after all it has been through.

Not to be rude, but why would anyone want to step foot on to that ship after all it has been through.

Couldn't agree with you more!

I'm thinking most people are willing to sail on her again because the problems will be/are fixed and they aren't betting on it happening again on their cruises.

If that's the case, why sail on any ship then? Because what happened on the Triumph could very well happen on any other ship. Though I hope that won't be the case again and all cruiselines have learned from the mishap and have better back up/emergency plans in place.

I'm thinking most people are willing to sail on her again because the problems will be/are fixed and they aren't betting on it happening again on their cruises.

If that's the case, why sail on any ship then? Because what happened on the Triumph could very well happen on any other ship. Though I hope that won't be the case again and all cruiselines have learned from the mishap and have better back up/emergency plans in place.

Because of the fact that it was totally covered in feces.....I don't know. Just the thoughts of it I guess. Everyone has their personal preferences, but that is the worst thing I ever heard of! I have only sailed with Carnival, but I am exploring other cruise lines for any future trips! Have a great day!

Because of the fact that it was totally covered in feces.....I don't know. Just the thoughts of it I guess. Everyone has their personal preferences, but that is the worst thing I ever heard of! I have only sailed with Carnival, but I am exploring other cruise lines for any future trips! Have a great day!

#1 the ship wasn't "covered" in feces-if you followed the reports of people getting off the ship, the news exaggerated how had it actually was. I'm not making light of the situation people went thru but not blowing it out of proportion either.

#2 the ship will return to service totally redone and probably safer than all the other ships because everything has been inspected.

Pat

#1 the ship wasn't "covered" in feces-if you followed the reports of people getting off the ship, the news exaggerated how had it actually was. I'm not making light of the situation people went thru but not blowing it out of proportion either.

#2 the ship will return to service totally redone and probably safer than all the other ships because everything has been inspected.

Pat

Hopefully they replace those quick disappearing ice buckets.

Not to be rude, but why would anyone want to step foot on to that ship after all it has been through

Why not? I'd sail on her in a heartbeat. You are in a minority because she will sail full.

We went on the Splendor after all those problems and had a great cruise and plan on going on the Truimph for News Years Eve. I think they have to make sure of everything before they put a ship back in the schedule, as if they do not, that will bite them later with fewer bookings on that particular ship.

Pat

Well my only connection to you in the USA is through your popular TV channel, CNN...haha. Tell them to stop hamming everything up so much!

Well my only connection to you in the USA is through your popular TV channel, CNN...haha. Tell them to stop hamming everything up so much!

Popular TV channel? One of the lowest rated channels here! They were the butt of many jokes with the way they handled the bombings in Boston. They have lost a LOT of respect with the way they report recently.

Archived