*Pride of America Virtual Cruise - Starts Mon 6/20

LauraS

• Administrators

Next week’s Pride of America virtual is the next best thing to sailing with Regis and Kelly! Join Cruise Critic’s associate editor Melissa Baldwin (and Regis and Kelly) on “Live’s Pride of America Cruisin’ Reunion” voyage onboard this magnificent ship. Beginning Monday, Melissa will report on all the happenings onboard – show tapings in Boston, Philadelphia, Norfolk and Miami, behind-the-scenes-gossip, and more. Much more.

The virtual cruise kicks off on Monday, June 20 and will be updated daily through Tuesday, June 28 (excluding weekends). Don’t miss it!

The link will appear right here in this thread.....Pride of America

Laura

Next week’s Pride of America virtual is the next best thing to sailing with Regis and Kelly! Join Cruise Critic’s associate editor Melissa Baldwin (and Regis and Kelly) on “Live’s Pride of America Cruisin’ Reunion” voyage onboard this magnificent ship. Beginning Monday, Melissa will report on all the happenings onboard – show tapings in Boston, Philadelphia, Norfolk and Miami, behind-the-scenes-gossip, and more. Much more.

The virtual cruise kicks off on Monday, June 20 and will be updated daily through Tuesday, June 28 (excluding weekends). Don’t miss it!

The link will appear right here in this thread.....stay tuned!

Laura

I thought the cruise ended the 24th?

I thought the cruise ended the 24th?
It does. Laura's post says that it won't be updated over the weekend so on June 25 and 26 there won't be an update. It'll pick up on the 27th and and 28th with the information from those two days.

Wasn't it a nice event on Friday? I followed it via the internet. And then yesterday, I watched her back away from the pier and sail down the river. Thanks to the ESB web cam. Wish I could be on the ship, although the cruise is about fourteen days too short. ' ' '

Listening to Regis and Kelly talk about this cruise, I wondered could anyone go on it or was it by invitation only

No, only winners of their contest & some local radio contests are on the cruise. Oh, & Regis gave a few away for Mother's Day & on the last day of the contest to his audience members;)

I'm confused by what she said about the dining not being friendly for solo cruisers. Was she talking about the buffet or in the restaurants? I've never had a problem with Freestyle dining when I traveled alone. It was great. Hmmm...I need clarification.

Thanks for the link, sailboy! I wish I knew which cabin Melissa is in...I'm re-thinking my packing since she mentioned the lack of closet space!!

smeyer, I'm looking forward to more pictures! Thanks!!!

sorry that's all I took- 50 pictures. I was only on from 12- 6 on Friday..Also I was on by myself. had no problem finding people to sit with for lunch and talk with. I could have stayed for dinner :)

Hi there! It's been great reading all of your posts from here on the ship. To clarify about the Freestyle Dining: I agree that the buffet area is great no matter what, but in terms of going to the main or specialty restaurants alone, it can be a bit unnerving! But I've met some great people onboard, and I have picked up lots of dining partners -- and day three is barely over.

I am in a family-connecting balcony cabin on Deck 11. If you have any other questions, post away and I'll do my best to answer them!

Mel

I will be in a larger balcony cabin - 11026; is your's one of the larger ones?

Can you explain the cabin further?

What resturant do you like the best?

I heard the pools are small; is that the case?

Have you met the ship's captain--who is he? Is he from Norway?

Is the kids club very big; were you impressed with it?

I am glad you are having a nice time!

Thanks for your reply.

Hi there! It's been great reading all of your posts from here on the ship. To clarify about the Freestyle Dining: I agree that the buffet area is great no matter what, but in terms of going to the main or specialty restaurants alone, it can be a bit unnerving! But I've met some great people onboard, and I have picked up lots of dining partners -- and day three is barely over.

I am in a family-connecting balcony cabin on Deck 11. If you have any other questions, post away and I'll do my best to answer them!

Mel

Keep posting Melissa. We love hearing current reports.

On the Dawn, in the main restaurants, they usually ask if you want to join/start a table with others. Perhaps you should ask the host/hostess. Though, I haven't seen that happen in the specialty restaurants only in the main restaurants.

Have a great time! Enjoy every moment:)

Hi Mel

Thanks for reporting on this cruise, and for answering our questions. Since you are on deck 11, could you get a peek at Cabin AB11000 or AB11500, at the front of that deck? I'd love to know the layout of the cabin and balcony and if the bridge hangs very far over the balcony.

Looking forward to more great reports!

Have fun!

Margaret

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting. Can you tell me what size and what the aft cabins on Deck 9 are like and if the balconies are that much larger? I am specifically looking at 9204 and 9202. Thank you!!

Have fun!

I too thank you Melissa! We're in 8516 and 8514 which is forward and also supposed to have the extra deep balconies. Donna, It looks like our room and balcony is the same size as yours will be only 3 decks below. I'll let you know how it is!

Margaret, I think we will be visiting one of those suites, and I will make sure to take pictures to post on webshots or sony imagestation. I'll let you know.

QUESTIONS FOR MELISSA! :) Who is the food and bev. manager and who is the hotel manager? Thanks again!

To clarify about the Freestyle Dining: I agree that the buffet area is great no matter what, but in terms of going to the main or specialty restaurants alone, it can be a bit unnerving! But I've met some great people onboard, and I have picked up lots of dining partners -- and day three is barely over.
Thanks for the answer. I'm a bit surprised though. Having done many Freestyle cruises as a solo cruiser I've never had a problem being asked if I wanted to join others or eat alone. Then again, I usually met people and had dinner companions every night. I hope that with the transition over to Freestyle the willingness for people to share dinner hasn't gone away too. That would definitely affect my cruise choices if I was a solo cruiser again. Thanks again for the answer.

Archived