Suite perks for connecting ocean view balcony to royal family suite?

We have booked a royal family suite on the Allure in October for myself, wife, 9mo daughter and in-laws.

We took advantage of the connecting ocean view with balcony that is mentioned as expansion room for the RFS so that my mother and her friend could join us on this cruise.

So does anyone know if we will be able to have them accompany us in suite perk area? This is technically a continuation of our suite, there is no connecting suite to the RFS.

I a pretty sure at boarding they will be allowed to board with us, but I am wondering about at places like labadee cabanas and the concierge lounge,

If we had put them in the suite as guests 6 and 7 RCL would have only made 959 on each of the, vice the 1200 with them being in the attached balcony.

Not tryin to "get away" with anything, just don't want to have to decide,to use suite perks but leave 2 of our party behind.

Technically, the connecting stateroom is not a full suite, so the guests will not get a gold colored SeaPass card. The concierge may invite your mother and friend to accompany you to the CL, but I would not depend on that.

The connecting stateroom is mentioned in the room descriptions as a way to expand the capacity to 10 people from 8.

Also, if my mother+1 were staying IN the RFS, they would get the gold pass seacard, but RCI would get less money? Makes no sense.

Might have to give them a call.

This is an interesting question as clarea pointed out the connecting stateroom is not part of the suite. But the fact that it is connecting implies the exact use that the OP has elected to do - which certainly is a valid use of the connecting room.

I would think that if all are on the same reservation and as the guests are family the Concierge might be OK with allowing the use of the CL for all. The wild card would be with the Mother's friend who would not be family. But the only thing to do is see what the Concierge has to say once on board. But be prepared that they may not provide access to all.

As all entering Barefoot Beach at Labadee have their names on a list at entry, I would be certain that if the Concierge allows all the use of the CL and would extend the suite privileges that all names are confirmed on that list as well.

The connecting stateroom is mentioned in the room descriptions as a way to expand the capacity to 10 people from 8.

Also, if my mother+1 were staying IN the RFS, they would get the gold pass seacard, but RCI would get less money? Makes no sense.

Might have to give them a call.

While I understand your point I'm not sure that it is a matter of revenue as much as stateroom designation. The connecting room is just that, and it certainly can be reserved for guests who are not traveling with those in the RFS and, therefore, would not have the rooms opened to each other.

I think your situation with (at least one) family member as the guest - in particular if on the same reservation - with the rooms intending to be opened to each other is more the criteria that they will consider. But no guarantees.

I would not call Royal customer service at this point: you are wasting your time. Explain your situation to the concierge privately, once you board. He has the authority to allow them access and I think your situation is very reasonable in terms of 'sharing benefits'.

While I understand your point I'm not sure that it is a matter of revenue as much as stateroom designation. The connecting room is just that, and it certainly can be reserved for guests who are not traveling with those in the RFS and, therefore, would not have the rooms opened to each other.

I think your situation with (at least one) family member as the guest - in particular if on the same reservation - with the rooms intending to be opened to each other is more the criteria that they will consider. But no guarantees.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't believe it's possible for people in different staterooms to be on the same reservation.

Nod,

Even the RFS is two reservations, which is odd, one for me, wife, daughter, the other for in-laws, then the connecting, cruise industry is wierd :)

Never heard of that before. So you have 3 different numbers for two rooms?

Nod,

Even the RFS is two reservations, which is odd, one for me, wife, daughter, the other for in-laws, then the connecting, cruise industry is wierd :)

Royal allows a max of 4 people on a booking.

Nod, I fully agree its not part of it, but how in the world would it make any sense at all that I can pay less, and they get suite perks, but I pay more, and they do not?

Will let you know what happens

You may pay less and get more benefits by putting them in the RFS, but the connecting cabin also is available to be sold so RCI receives additional revenue.

If we had put them in the suite as guests 6 and 7 RCL would have only made 959 on each of the, vice the 1200 with them being in the attached balcony.
I don't really think that's a fair way to look at it. If they stay in your RFS, yes, RCL gets less revenue from them, but they still have the connecting cabin that they can sell to someone else for 1200pp + additional on-board revenues that the additional passengers will generate.

Just get with the concierge when you get on board or email the concierge as time gets closer to your cruise. I had the same exact arrangement on the Liberty and the concierge gave them access keys without any problems. We had 6 in the RFS and 2 in the connecting balcony room.

Another way of knowing is if the guests in the adjoining room get double points after the cruise. That would be one true way of seeing if RCI counts the adjoining room as part of the suite or a balcony room that connects. Sadly this will not help you on the cruise in relation to suite perks.

I would not call Royal customer service at this point: you are wasting your time. Explain your situation to the concierge privately, once you board. He has the authority to allow them access and I think your situation is very reasonable in terms of 'sharing benefits'.

I think this is the best way to try. Anyone on the other end of the phone will have no idea, and will most liely just say no.

Good luck. I hope it works out in your favour.

Andrew

The people in the connecting room will not get double points or a gold card or official suite benefits.

The concierge will likely not have any issue allowing the two extra people in the CL as long as you ask nicely and not in front of the other CL guests.

Not sure why you keep thinking they get more revenue if you get the connecting room? If you put all in the RFS they can sell that room to even more people.

Do pick wisely who you put in the connecting room for points (if points matter to you).

Royal allows a max of 4 people on a booking.

Oh yeah now I remember...I haven't booked 5 people in one room in so long, but now that you mention it, I think they did assign that 5th person a separate booking number.

Archived