Sabatinis on Embarkation Day

shofer

I am thinking about doing this as a treat for my travel companion when we board the Island in Whittier. Wondering if there is a discount on that day? I plan on doing this anyway but just curious.

Sue

I am thinking about doing this as a treat for my travel companion when we board the Island in Whittier. Wondering if there is a discount on that day? I plan on doing this anyway but just curious.

Sue

No discount unlike RCCL who offers a 1st night discount for specialty dining. I'd recommend going to the reservation table set up at either the CG or Sabatini's during embarkation to reserve a time on the 1st evening.

Sabatini's won't be empty on the first night. Passengers in full suites receive complimentary speciality restaurants on the first night of cruises of 6 days or longer, so you will probably find many of the suite passengers there.

You can call the dine line as soon as you get to your cabin to make reservations.

From what I have read from another poster (I believe a live from the Sapphire), it appears that Sabatini's may be just for suite passengers on the first night. They may be able to accommodate you but be prepared for the possibility that you may not be able to get your embarkation dinner...

It is a good idea to call the dine line immediately upon embarkation, and they will let you know if they can accommodate you that night or if you may have to settle for another night. Embarkation dinner in the main dining room is always good (prime rib, etc.).

We ate at Sabatini's the first night on Sapphire recently. It wasn't very busy, and it was a fantastic way to start our vacation. The only problem was that we were then spoiled, so we had to repeat the experience a couple of times :p

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk 2

From what I have read from another poster (I believe a live from the Sapphire), it appears that Sabatini's may be just for suite passengers on the first night.

It's free to suite passengers the first night, but not exclusive. Availability will depend on reservations.

This the quote on the Live from tread earlier today.

"Only disappointment so far was both Sabatinis and Sterlings are closed the first night for suite passengers only. However, I ate dinner in the buffet (something I rarely do) and it was wonderful and the staff was great."

On the Golden (suite), February 2013, and the Crown Grill was not busy at all. This was about 6:30. Yes, Suites have first pick of times but it is not exclusive. My belief is that suites have a complimentary dinner because it is probably the slowest of the nights.

Did Sabatini's for dinner on our way back. Again, called around 11 AM and didn't have any trouble getting a reservation for that same night.

I would think it would be difficult to get a reservation for special nights (like Valentine's Day), but the first night is usually good. Most people are still trying to unpack, get settled, explore the ship, etc.

On the other hand, the Prime Rib in the main dining room is really one of their better dinners. Have a great time.

Renee

This the quote on the Live from tread earlier today.

"Only disappointment so far was both Sabatinis and Sterlings are closed the first night for suite passengers only. However, I ate dinner in the buffet (something I rarely do) and it was wonderful and the staff was great."

We ate at Sabatini's the first night of our Ruby cruise in February. No crowd...in fact, very sparse. We thought it was a great way to start our vacation and avoid the craziness of the dining rooms on the first night!

Thanks to everyone for the information. Since we are coming from Denali it will be a late Embarkation for us but will run up to Sabatini's right away to see if we can eat there for that night.

So looking forward to this trip.

Sue

Archived