Did Carnival Change their Mattresses ?

IMSAILING

I suspect a little bit of "pack mentality" If I started a new thread that claimed the Prime Rib is now McRib, I bet a bunch would suddenly pipe up with, "yeah, they don't taste as good anymore".

That's a stretch, and I hardly think you'll get the response you are looking for on a Carnival Fan message board.

But I dare you to try.

It is also a little subjective.

I generally can't tell between good or bad mattresses so I honestly didn't notice any change. But my husband commented more than a few times that the mattress was not as good as it was on our first Carnival cruise.

Something definitely changed with Carnival's mattresses. My cruises on

The Freedom, Glory, Dream the mattresses were very comfortable. On

The Pride I slept on the sofa, so I could not really say how they were on

That cruise. My sister remarked on the Freedom how her back didn't

Hurt in the morning like back at home. However when I sailed the Breeze,

I woke up with a sore back just about every morning till later in the

Cruise when my back got used to the mattress.

On John's FB page yesterday he kinda got mad that posters were

Insisting the mattresses have changed. He yelled back that they

Were the same "comfort" mattresses as always. I wonder if

The "beards" at Carnival are telling him not to admit any cost

Cutting measures at Carnival?

He yelled back that they

Were the same "comfort" mattresses as always. I wonder if

The "beards" at Carnival are telling him not to admit any cost

Cutting measures at Carnival?

Even if they are....That means nothing. Take any mattress name, Let's say for instance Sealy.

How many mattresses 'models' do they make?? I imagine at least 3 or 4, possibly more...all different quality, each with a different price/value, right??

Maybe someone needs to ask if it is the same 'model' as the one they used when they first introduced the mattress on their ships??

Just a thought....

Although I am not sure whether the beards give him true answers to give his FB/Blog members. It wouldn't surprise me if they were lying to him.

That's a stretch, and I hardly think you'll get the response you are looking for on a Carnival Fan message board.

But I dare you to try.

Really? I see almost as much whining about Carnival as I do cheer-leading.

I do appreciate honest reviews, and I try to make mine that way.

Really? I see almost as much whining about Carnival as I do cheer-leading.

I do appreciate honest reviews, and I try to make mine that way.

And that's what message boards are for; discussion.

Even if they are....That means nothing. Take any mattress name, Let's say for instance Sealy.

How many mattresses 'models' do they make?? I imagine at least 3 or 4, possibly more...all different quality, each with a different price/value, right??

Maybe someone needs to ask if it is the same 'model' as the one they used when they first introduced the mattress on their ships??

Just a thought....

Although I am not sure whether the beards give him true answers to give his FB/Blog members. It wouldn't surprise me if they were lying to him.

Not only that but Sealy uses quite a few different manufactures to make those same models.

Maybe the problem is that Carnival HASN'T changed their mattresses...it could be that the lifespan of what was new has now expired, but Carnival has not yet swapped them out, or maybe isn't swapping them out fast enough? It would explain the variety of responses folks have to them.

It could also be that the Manufacturer changed their process, so Carnival thinks they are ordering the same bed, but they're not.

I haven't had a bad mattress yet, but that doesn't discount other folks' experience. I do think that if you encounter a problem, you NEED to state it to guest services. Even if nothing changes, you should be on record that there is an issue.

Maybe the problem is that Carnival HASN'T changed their mattresses...it could be that the lifeshttp://www.marketwatch.com/story/carnival-cuts-outlook-on-weaker-revenue-yields-2013-05-20pan of what was new has now expired, but Carnival has not yet swapped them out, or maybe isn't swapping them out fast enough? It would explain the variety of responses folks have to them.

It could also be that the Manufacturer changed their process, so Carnival thinks they are ordering the same bed, but they're not.

I haven't had a bad mattress yet, but that doesn't discount other folks' experience. I do think that if you encounter a problem, you NEED to state it to guest services. Even if nothing changes, you should be on record that there is an issue.

Anything is possible. But the issue remains, folks are stating thei discomfort, and that complaint is being dismissed. And now becoming the source of a joke(s).

It's really not up to us to figure it out.

Maybe the problem is that Carnival HASN'T changed their mattresses...it could be that the lifespan of what was new has now expired, but Carnival has not yet swapped them out, or maybe isn't swapping them out fast enough? It would explain the variety of responses folks have to them.

Very true....

Anything is possible. But the issue remains, folks are stating thei discomfort, and that complaint is being dismissed. And now becoming the source of a joke(s).

It's really not up to us to figure it out.

My point is that folks stating their discomfort HERE is useless. Flood guest services with complaints and you might get somewhere. But complaining in a forum where anyone could complain even if they've never been on a ship in their life tends to get all complaints, including legit ones, dismissed.

I work as a system admin supporting our proprietary software. Occasionally I'll stroll through the office and overhear one of our users with a serious complaint about one of the systems. I'll come over to them and discover they've had some kind of major error problem for weeks. "Why didn't you tell me?" "I couldnt' be bothered/Figured out how to work around it/Didn't think you could fix it."

I definately can't fix what I don't know about, and you telling your Husband/Friend/Babysitter that our systems suck is not a way to log an official complaint.

Flood guest services while you are onboard. Anything else is spitting in the wind.

Yes, yes, yes (especially the highlighted part)

My point is that folks stating their discomfort HERE is useless. Flood guest services with complaints and you might get somewhere. But complaining in a forum where anyone could complain even if they've never been on a ship in their life tends to get all complaints, including legit ones, dismissed.

On the Carnival boards it does....this is not true of all of the other boards.

I work as a system admin supporting our proprietary software. Occasionally I'll stroll through the office and overhear one of our users with a serious complaint about one of the systems. I'll come over to them and discover they've had some kind of major error problem for weeks. "Why didn't you tell me?" "I couldnt' be bothered/Figured out how to work around it/Didn't think you could fix it."

I definately can't fix what I don't know about, and you telling your Husband/Friend/Babysitter that our systems suck is not a way to log an official complaint.

Flood guest services while you are onboard. Anything else is spitting in the wind.

Useless? This is not Carnival. It's a topic on a message board. This place is not the fast track to Carnival. The OP had a question and now it's being discussed.

However, somehow it jumped into a life of its own by someone reporting this thread to Carnival.

Useless? This is not Carnival. It's a topic on a message board. This place is not the fast track to Carnival. The OP had a question and now it's being discussed.

However, somehow it jumped into a life of its own by someone reporting this thread to Carnival.

I'm not saying people shouldn't talk about issues (any and all) here; I am saying that this is not the right forum to get something done about it by the cruiseline.

I'm not saying people shouldn't talk about issues (any and all) here; I am saying that this is not the right forum to get something done about it by the cruiseline.

Of course not. What would any of us do with a cyber mattress in cyberspace.

Just curious, what do you make of the comments on this thread from many posters who now find the beds on Carnival less comfortable than on their previous Carnival cruises?

Different strokes for different folks, perhaps.

Archived