Are you considering other cruise lines

are you considering switching cruise lines  

406 members have voted

1. 1. are you considering switching cruise lines

• yes, are considering other lines
    • have already made the switch
    • no, would never change
    • switched and came back to Carnival

If I'm inclined to book a cruise vacation rather than a regular vacation, I'll book based on price, itinerary and the time/cost/hassle of flying to the departure port. I don't think I've ever picked a particular cruise line. Carnival has usually been the one that best met my requirements, but it was the ending point, not the starting point. If another cruise line has a better itinerary for the same price, or the same itinerary for a better price, then I'll book with them without blinking.

And I have to point out to all the people who post, "as you can tell from my signature", I can't tell anything because I have your signature suppressed, as I'm sure many (most?) regular posters do. They can take up a lot of screen space.

Click on "User CP" at the menu in the top left. Select "Edit Options" from the left-hand menu, then scroll down and un-check the "show signatures" box.

And I have to point out to all the people who post, "as you can tell from my signature", I can't tell anything because I have your signature suppressed, as I'm sure many (most?) regular posters do. .

I too have signatures blocked but if someone posts about a cruise without saying the ship or if Im curious, its not hard to just click on their name on their post, then click on profile.. right in and right back out.

I want to to sail every major line. I encourage anyne on the fence to really branch out. If I had listened to the bad reviews of MSC (I can't count how many people complain that the announcements are given in five languages) I would have missed out on a really cool, exciting change-up from the norm (and an outstanding itinerary and ridiculously cheap price).

I can't agree with you more. I don't know if those complaints reflect a remarkable ignorance or a remarkable arrogance. I wonder if they would have been happier if they had done the announcements in only 4 languages (after eliminating English, of course)!

If I'm inclined to book a cruise vacation rather than a regular vacation, I'll book based on price, itinerary and the time/cost/hassle of flying to the departure port. I don't think I've ever picked a particular cruise line. Carnival has usually been the one that best met my requirements, but it was the ending point, not the starting point. If another cruise line has a better itinerary for the same price, or the same itinerary for a better price, then I'll book with them without blinking.

Exactly.

So far, I've stuck with Carnival on my previous and upcoming cruises, each time by process of elimination. I generally defend the company because for the most part it's a good product for a good price.

To be honest, I'd hop on a fishing boat if they had working toilets, a hot shower, something to munch on, and a good itinerary. Or nab a ride on Crystal if they offered some kind of once in a lifetime bargain in my price range. Give me bang for the buck and we're good to go.

We always check out other cruiselines but Carnival usually wins out. Price and value are great. I also like RCI but price usually more for basically the the same food and service. Carnival wins and now I am platinum, I have more reason to cruise with them. The little extras make me happy. All companies have to do cutbacks in this economy. Still a great value for my vacation dollar.

Yes. I am not disappointed in Carnival, but I just want to see places that they dont go to. Seems like CCL doesn't think outside to box when it comes to itineraries.

Sometime they can't go to certain places. Labadee is owned by RCCL. Princess Cay is owned by Princess. Half Moon Cay is owned by HAL and Carnival can only use it if HAL isn't going to on a certain day. Also, some ports they stopped going to because of safety issues such as St Croix (which i loved when we visited on the Triumph.......wish they could get that one back operational).

Are you dissatisfied enough with past experiences, cutbacks, etc to consider switching to another cruise line? We are.

YEP! I've been on two cruise lines since my last Carnival cruise and soon to be a third. If NCL had all the itineraries covered, I'd probably just stick with them, they do it the way I like it. Price, though IMPORTANT, isn't the ONLY thing by a long shot. It IS the only thing with Carnival. The ONE thing Carnival DOES have going for it is itineraries. BOY have they GOT 'em! AND they have $500 of mine I NEED to use. I just haven't made up my mind that it's worth the risk.

I always consider other cruiselines and make my choice based on itinerary and then price.

As a result I have cruised on all the major cruiselines except Disney and I find that all are cutting back. For me, the NCL cutbacks were the worst.

Carnival usually wins from a price perspective, but does not have as varied itineraries as then other cruiselines. And now they are eliminating Europe leaving them with even less variety.

Sometime they can't go to certain places. Labadee is owned by RCCL. Princess Cay is owned by Princess. Half Moon Cay is owned by HAL and Carnival can only use it if HAL isn't going to on a certain day. Also, some ports they stopped going to because of safety issues such as St Croix (which i loved when we visited on the Triumph.......wish they could get that one back operational).

Carnival actually is using labadee even though its a RCCL island. While correct about HMC, Carnival uses it way more than HAL.

I'm definitely considering switching cruise lines, at least, for awhile. I've never cruised anything but Carnival however, since I've been cruising with them since 2006, I've become increasingly disappointed in their product. The last few cruises just were off in guest service, ie, entertainment perks, the food is always good.

I am cruising in June on the Glory, but I think I will be booking different lines really just to see if there's something more in line with what I think cruising should be. Pricing can't be bet on Carnival, but I'm finding out that that shouldn't always be the deciding factor.

I'm sure other lines are experiencing cutback, too, but I think it the experience would still be different, for me.

I will definately be going to other cruise lines now. Its sad. Carnival is the only one I have sailed, 11 times now, but enough is enough.

Every cruise features another cutback. Every cruise I hear..."We don't do that anymore"

I have wrote letter, spoke to people who have a name tag that say guest relations, and nothing is done and my letters get unanswered.

Just plain sad business.

I will definately be going to other cruise lines now. Its sad. Carnival is the only one I have sailed, 11 times now, but enough is enough.

Every cruise features another cutback. Every cruise I hear..."We don't do that anymore"

I have wrote letter, spoke to people who have a name tag that say guest relations, and nothing is done and my letters get unanswered.

Just plain sad business.

Thats sounds about right,either your letters will go unanswered or you response will be an email mostly using the word Sorry. Thats Carnival guest relations department at it's finest .;)

I sail multiple lines. My last CCL cruise was in 2011, so I have not experienced the recent changes that many refer to. I will be on the Glory this summer, so I will be able to see for myself. Some of the things that have been reported do concern me.

We usually only cruise once a year, but this year is different. We found some good deals and will sail the three mainstream lines (CCL, RC, and NCL) in a 12 month period. That will give us a unique baseline to compare.

In the end, the market will determine the level of cutbacks. If Carnival can cut back without a loss of revenue, they will continue to and competing lines may follow, reducing the cruise experience for everyone.

I do wonder if, in light of recent negative publicity, Carnival has conceded the mass market to Royal and Norwegian and have a revised strategy to become an "entry level" cruise line.

We've considered it and not because we don't like or are dissatisfied with Carnival. We just get "curious" to see what others offer. Then we get to the prices of others and back to Carnival we come. :D:D:D

Archived