Are you considering other cruise lines

are you considering switching cruise lines  

406 members have voted

1. 1. are you considering switching cruise lines

• yes, are considering other lines
    • have already made the switch
    • no, would never change
    • switched and came back to Carnival

Are you dissatisfied enough with past experiences, cutbacks, etc to consider switching to another cruise line? We are.

I always, always, always price other options when I'm searching for my next cruise. And although people here insist that there are cheaper options, I normally cannot take advantage of last-minute sailings because I can't schedule last-minute time off work.

In January, I compiled a ridiculously long list of cruise options for Nov/Dec. I'm booked on the 2nd leg of the Conquest repo, but there's a chance DD or a friend can sail but may not want that particular sailing.

Over the weekend, I went back to check the prices on ALL two dozen or so options. Every single Carnival sailing had come down in price, some as much as $80 per person. Every single HAL, RCI, and NCL option I was considering had increased in price, so the price differential is even greater now than in January. And in the cabin category (cheapest inside) I look at, Carnival's cabins are consistently larger. Why would I pay more for a closet-sized cabin just to switch lines?

Why would I switch? Most of the "cutbacks" that people whine about here simply don't matter to me. Cruising as often as I can thanks to low fares is what's important to me.

I very much want to sail HAL again, and will some day, but apparently not this year.

I always, always, always price other options when I'm searching for my next cruise. And although people here insist that there are cheaper options, I normally cannot take advantage of last-minute sailings because I can't schedule last-minute time off work.

For those of us who aren't retired, and don't live a few short hours from the ports (we have to fly), the opportunities for finding super bargains on various lines are slim to none.

Also, it seems to me (and I may be mistaken about this), that it is the more expensive cabins where comparable values can be found between various cruise lines: the suites and balconies. Over the past five years I haven't found a single case in which NCL or RCCL came close to the prices I got on ocean view or inside cabins on Nov/Dec sailings in the Caribbean.

In January, I compiled a ridiculously long list of cruise options for Nov/Dec. I'm booked on the 2nd leg of the Conquest repo, but there's a chance DD or a friend can sail but may not want that particular sailing.

Over the weekend, I went back to check the prices on ALL two dozen or so options. Every single Carnival sailing had come down in price, some as much as $80 per person. Every single HAL, RCI, and NCL option I was considering had increased in price, so the price differential is even greater now than in January. And in the cabin category (cheapest inside) I look at, Carnival's cabins are consistently larger. Why would I pay more for a closet-sized cabin just to switch lines?

Why would I switch? Most of the "cutbacks" that people whine about here simply don't matter to me. Cruising as often as I can thanks to low fares is what's important to me.

I very much want to sail HAL again, and will some day, but apparently not this year.

a couple things:

Yes, CCL prices many times DO go down (as seen by all the happy ES bookers). This is because supply/demand dictates price and CCL can't sell out the cabins without dropping the price, where other lines begin filling the ships and supply/demand then dictates they raise their rates. This is why when I book, I usually booked a year or even two out with NCL....the price of that cruise is not going to drop.

As far as cutbacks....first I'd like to say that people are discussing them, not whining about them. Second, I want to say that had I not ventured out and tried other lines, those cutbacks would have been something I would have accepted as well. But once I saw the difference, the cutbacks then became less tolerable. I have enjoyed every one of my CCL cruises. I have never claimed to have a bad time on a carnival ship HOWEVER, once I ventured out and saw noticeable differences, CCL's product no longer shined as bright.

a couple things:

Yes, CCL prices many times DO go down (as seen by all the happy ES bookers). This is because supply/demand dictates price and CCL can't sell out the cabins without dropping the price, where other lines begin filling the ships and supply/demand then dictates they raise their rates. This is why when I book, I usually booked a year or even two out with NCL....the price of that cruise is not going to drop.

As far as cutbacks....first I'd like to say that people are discussing them, not whining about them. Second, I want to say that had I not ventured out and tried other lines, those cutbacks would have been something I would have accepted as well. But once I saw the difference, the cutbacks then became less tolerable. I have enjoyed every one of my CCL cruises. I have never claimed to have a bad time on a carnival ship HOWEVER, once I ventured out and saw noticeable differences, CCL's product no longer shined as bright.

I guess what I was trying to say is that it's apparent/obvious that Carnival's cut rates even on cruises that they normally would not, like out of Charleston and Jax. They have no competition there and the prices are consistently higher for the same basic itinerary than for other 5 night cruises. Yet, these have also dropped, so I'm assuming that they're doing so to offset the negative PR due to the Splendor/Concordia/Triumph messes.

No, no one has whined in this thread about cutbacks, but just seeing the term over and over and over bugs me. I'm just back from my 16th Carnival cruise in 12 years. Have things changed? Well, sure. Nothing ever stays the same. Have I noticed a horrendous reduction in quality and service? No, not really. The ridiculous furor on these boards when the menus were changed and people couldn't order shrimp cocktail every night was just ridiculous.

People also frequently remark that they'd prefer Carnival keep the prices a little higher and not cut back on so much. Really? I bet that if Carnival DID raise prices that the mass hysteria here would cause the entire site to implode. :p

The thing is, every single cruise on every single ship is different. When I did my B2B last October, I felt the food was better on Leg 1 than Leg 2. So just because someone sails and something or other isn't as good as another time, does that mean that it will ALWAYS on EVERY sailing be of lesser quality?

Does that mean that this is the norm or the exception. I thought the food on my HAL cruise was excellent. But was it SO much better than Carnival's that I could justify the cost difference? Nope. Because that isn't the prime reason I cruise!

I guess it all just depends on what's important to you. I couldn't care less that I now "only" get one plate of chocolate goodies as a Platinum gift rather than multiple plates of stuff. I mean, good grief! You can't tell me that anyone is actually hungry for this!!

And let me also say that I'm a CPA and a CCL stockholder. If people cannot, do not, or will not attempt to comprehend what a publicly-owned corporation MUST do to keep Wall Street and shareholders happy, then they probably shouldn't be so critical about what the company is doing to maintain their bottom line.

Let's just be reasonable about things. I just paid considerably less for a 5-night Bahamas cruise than I did for basically the same cruise in 2006.

When you take into consideration how much the cost of operations, including the increase in food costs has been, the fact that my per day price has decreased and not doubled is pretty amazing.

People also frequently remark that they'd prefer Carnival keep the prices a little higher and not cut back on so much. Really? I bet that if Carnival DID raise prices that the mass hysteria here would cause the entire site to implode. :p

The thing is, every single cruise on every single ship is different. When I did my B2B last October, I felt the food was better on Leg 1 than Leg 2. So just because someone sails and something or other isn't as good as another time, does that mean that it will ALWAYS on EVERY sailing be of lesser quality?

Does that mean that this is the norm or the exception. I thought the food on my HAL cruise was excellent. But was it SO much better than Carnival's that I could justify the cost difference? Nope. Because that isn't the prime reason I cruise!

I guess it all just depends on what's important to you. I couldn't care less that I now "only" get one plate of chocolate goodies as a Platinum gift rather than multiple plates of stuff. I mean, good grief! You can't tell me that anyone is actually hungry for this!!

And let me also say that I'm a CPA and a CCL stockholder. If people cannot, do not, or will not attempt to comprehend what a publicly-owned corporation MUST do to keep Wall Street and shareholders happy, then they probably shouldn't be so critical about what the company is doing to maintain their bottom line.

Let's just be reasonable about things. I just paid considerably less for a 5-night Bahamas cruise than I did for basically the same cruise in 2006.

When you take into consideration how much the cost of operations, including the increase in food costs has been, the fact that my per day price has decreased and not doubled is pretty amazing.

I don't disagree with you...well, except for one thing. IF CCL was to raise the bar (and their rates in order to do so), they would lose a lot of passengers. The people who complain about the changes (like myself) would certainly not implode....we would applaud and likely start considering CCL again. It's the people who cruise CCL 'because it fits their budget' or 'because it's a good bang for their buck' OR the people who just are straight out afraid to try another line (because some people are definitely creatures of habit and do not like to do or try anything different) who would implode. But CCL will likely never raise the bar because the majority of the people who sail them are perfectly fine with the product (which is NOT bad...I never said it was) because for the most part and for no other reason, it fits their budget.

I knew cuts were coming back when people got INSANE over the fuel surcharges. I was actually one of those that understood those being implemented and kept saying to anyone on here who would listen, that if CCL didn't make up the revenue they were losing in exorbitant fuel costs, something was going to give....I knew it/saw it coming then. I would happily pay a bit more, to get a little more. But obviously, I belonged to e very small minority.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think I am reasonable and I do get that I pay less to cruise now than I did back in the early 90's...so I get that there isn't all that much wiggle room....however, the difference I might pay to sail another mass-market line is minimal, but the difference in the cruise experience is not minimal at all.

Yes, the differences on your B2B cruise (1st leg vs 2nd leg) were apparent to you...I see this as an issue. CCL is not consistent enough. To me, this is a problem.

I totally agree that a publicly owned business is at the mercy of the stockholders and I mentioned this on another thread...I hate that NCL just went public because I fear they may go the same route as Carnival....when they do, I will have to leave them as well. Right now, there are no signs of that happening...keeping fingers crossed.

:cool:Nope I will still cruise Carnival, My first cruise was on the Fantasy in 1991, she was the biggest ship out there at the time!!:) So I know about the changes over the years!! I have 2 more cruises booked , which will get me to 19 on Carnival, Carnival still gives me what I and my friends want!! I won't say I will never book on any other cruise line but until then I have ne reason to switch!!:)

I have tried other cruise lines, but always come back to Carnival. I love experiencing new things... I had a blast on my last Norwegian Cruise! Loved the food and entertainment.

Sorry Carnival- it's not you... it's me. I just want to see different ports and try new things.

I will always come back... but at the present I need to venture and do other things :rolleyes:

I have tried other cruise lines, but always come back to Carnival. I love experiencing new things... I had a blast on my last Norwegian Cruise! Loved the food and entertainment.

Sorry Carnival- it's not you... it's me. I just want to see different ports and try new things.

I will always come back... but at the present I need to venture and do other things :rolleyes:

In the past I always told people I put Carnival over NCL, but lately NCL has been getting rave reviews on Epic. I had the chance for the same money to choose between Epic or conquest this past Feb and choose conquest and then thought, that was silly when prices kept going up up up on Epic.. and the reviews came back it was a great cruise. So, I finally gave in and will see Epic for myself. (my TA has a group on both ships and offered both groups for the same price initially).

It will be my first NCL. I have no idea why the reviews are so good, but I will find out. Im booked in a balcony solo right now for next March, but I could probably downgrade and try out one of the solo studios that people say for solos they will always do this ship this way.

I don't disagree with you...well, except for one thing. IF CCL was to raise the bar (and their rates in order to do so), they would lose a lot of passengers. The people who complain about the changes (like myself) would certainly not implode....we would applaud and likely start considering CCL again. It's the people who cruise CCL 'because it fits their budget' or 'because it's a good bang for their buck' OR the people who just are straight out afraid to try another line (because some people are definitely creatures of habit and do not like to do or try anything different) who would implode. But CCL will likely never raise the bar because the majority of the people who sail them are perfectly fine with the product (which is NOT bad...I never said it was) because for the most part and for no other reason, it fits their budget.

I knew cuts were coming back when people got INSANE over the fuel surcharges. I was actually one of those that understood those being implemented and kept saying to anyone on here who would listen, that if CCL didn't make up the revenue they were losing in exorbitant fuel costs, something was going to give....I knew it/saw it coming then. I would happily pay a bit more, to get a little more. But obviously, I belonged to e very small minority.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think I am reasonable and I do get that I pay less to cruise now than I did back in the early 90's...so I get that there isn't all that much wiggle room....however, the difference I might pay to sail another mass-market line is minimal, but the difference in the cruise experience is not minimal at all.

Yes, the differences on your B2B cruise (1st leg vs 2nd leg) were apparent to you...I see this as an issue. CCL is not consistent enough. To me, this is a problem.

I totally agree that a publicly owned business is at the mercy of the stockholders and I mentioned this on another thread...I hate that NCL just went public because I fear they may go the same route as Carnival....when they do, I will have to leave them as well. Right now, there are no signs of that happening...keeping fingers crossed.

I think Cagneys is a step in that direction.:(

Bill

I feel like Carnival is "forcing" us to cruise another line by dropping the European itineraries. My next cruise vacation will be to Europe. Carnival is leaving Europe, so we can't sail on Carnival. We want Europe, but now it's going to have to be on another line even though we had planned to stay loyal and sail Carnival because, hey it's familiar, and we really like their current itineraries. NCL seems to have some good offerings.

Will we sail Carnival again in the future? I don't know. Honestly, we booked our upcoming cruise with them in part because we had decided to do Europe next year and decided to keep building up the days for the VIFP rather than checking out RCCL as we had thought about. I guess I feel we've been more loyal to Carnival than they have been to us.

Halos - I think we're probably more in agreement than not. I really would sail other lines IF the prices for the times I can sail (can't sail from 1/1 - 4/15 or again from 9/1 - 10/15) were comparable. The fact that I can drive to B'more, Charleston or Jacksonville keeps the price down.

If cost weren't an issue, I definitely WOULD be sailing other lines! I'd be on Oceania! :D

And judging by the number of blue cards I saw a couple of weeks ago, the price drops are bringing in the new, budget-minded cruisers. At least I assume they're budget minded. I'm sure there are plenty of Carnival cruisers who choose them because they like them, not because they're usually the cheapest, but I'm also sure that there are lots of people who DO choose them because they are typically the lowest price.

With the mass-market lines, I really doubt that there is enough of a difference in the product to justify the difference in the cost.

Ship decor doesn't matter to some of us. I'm not going to pay more to sail on a "pretty" ship. I'm not going to pay more to sail on a line that charges more for the same bottle of wine. I'm not going to pay more to sail on a line that charges more for a smaller cabin. Or to sail on the newest, biggest ship on the seas. Or that charges for a decent meal when I can get them included in my lower price.

Yes, I'm cheap! I've had to be. I'm a single mother (empty nester now) and put myself through school, paid off student loans, and put DD through school. It's only within the last dozen years that I've had enough money to even take a cruise. Before that, our vacations were primitive camping in a tent!

In the end, I figure that every dollar I don't spend on the cruise fare is a dollar I can spend on board or on an excursion. I refuse to spend extra money just because I have it in my bank account!

Lido bands, show bands, cappucino in the MDR, fewer production shows - these things don't matter to me so I guess that's why I just haven't noticed all these horrific CUTBACKS that seem to bother others so much.

I think Cagneys is a step in that direction.:(

Bill

CCL's steak house is better than (has always been better than) Cagney's no doubt (of course it should be as it costs more). We tried Cagney's once or twice and don't go there anymore as LeBistro is far superior.

In fact, the food in the mdr on our last NCL sailing was actually so awesome that we actually hesitated booking any surcharge restaurants, but did so just for variety.

Yes, we are considering other lines. We have never sailed on Carnival before, but I am thoroughly enjoying Sarge's review of Sunshine. We will have to check it out. We are also looking into Viking Cruises and river cruises on the Danube and Mekong as possibilities. Variety is the spice of life. If folks feel let down by Carnival, then plan something else. But tons of folks are going to enjoy a cruise with Carnival. Why poo on their anticipation of a fun vacation by spewing some whine?

Halos - I think we're probably more in agreement than not. I really would sail other lines IF the prices for the times I can sail (can't sail from 1/1 - 4/15 or again from 9/1 - 10/15) were comparable. The fact that I can drive to B'more, Charleston or Jacksonville keeps the price down.

If cost weren't an issue, I definitely WOULD be sailing other lines! I'd be on Oceania! :D

And judging by the number of blue cards I saw a couple of weeks ago, the price drops are bringing in the new, budget-minded cruisers. At least I assume they're budget minded. I'm sure there are plenty of Carnival cruisers who choose them because they like them, not because they're usually the cheapest, but I'm also sure that there are lots of people who DO choose them because they are typically the lowest price.

With the mass-market lines, I really doubt that there is enough of a difference in the product to justify the difference in the cost.

Ship decor doesn't matter to some of us. I'm not going to pay more to sail on a "pretty" ship. I'm not going to pay more to sail on a line that charges more for the same bottle of wine. I'm not going to pay more to sail on a line that charges more for a smaller cabin. Or to sail on the newest, biggest ship on the seas. Or that charges for a decent meal when I can get them included in my lower price.

Yes, I'm cheap! I've had to be. I'm a single mother (empty nester now) and put myself through school, paid off student loans, and put DD through school. It's only within the last dozen years that I've had enough money to even take a cruise. Before that, our vacations were primitive camping in a tent!

In the end, I figure that every dollar I don't spend on the cruise fare is a dollar I can spend on board or on an excursion. I refuse to spend extra money just because I have it in my bank account!

Lido bands, show bands, cappucino in the MDR, fewer production shows - these things don't matter to me so I guess that's why I just haven't noticed all these horrific CUTBACKS that seem to bother others so much.

I totally understand and don't see anything wrong with that because CCL is not bad (I don't think so anyway)...I never said they were...which is why when some people totally jump on me, I don't get it.

I love cruise crew ...never been on any ship where the service was bad...other than the lack of live music and the fact that for us, NCL crew are a bit better (which makes the atmosphere on the ship better, which makes out cruise more fabulous), the only thing that makes me ill with the CCL product is their management and I am turned off in a big way with their idea of social media....but even with that, I would never say never to a CCL cruise, but I would be going with VERY different expectations.

Our last CCL cruise was that Hawaii one. We enjoyed it immensely, but we knew that there was better out there...better for US anyway.

When you are on a ship that long, you really get to see how well ity's run. With CCL there is NO flexibility, no plan B. The one thing we love about NCL is every cruise is different because they play to their audience....if the average age is older, they accomodate that. If there are rough seas and shows are cancelled, they have something else planned. They do spontaneous things all the time. One time, the Hotel Director on one of our sailings decided it would be fun to invite the passengers to the crew party...:D I can't even begin to tell you what a blast it was. That is one of the things that we like about NCL the most, the interaction with crew is awesome....On one sailing one of the Social Hostess was very good at belly dancing, so we asked her to schedule a class...the next day it was in the schedule. 40 women showed up and we had a blast...totally off the cuff.

Carnival...NO WAY

That CCL Hawaii sailing because of it's 15 day duration had a majority of middle aged and older cruisers, yet the disco had hip-hop every night. We'd walk by and there would be the DJ, all alone.

Seas were rough (should have been NO surprise as we were sailing the Pacific)..shows cancelled...no Plan B

CD (Stu) was great...when he did anything. He was in the Piano bar one night. This was the only time the piano bar was packed as the Piano guy was horrid. Stu had us all having a great time, just as his 30 minutes were up, when everyone was really getting into it, he left.

on NCL this doesn't happen. No schedules are set in stone so if passengers are having a blast, the party continues.

Fixing common sense and having flexibility would cost Carnival NOTHING.

How do you know what we are realizing and neglecting to realize? I think many of us realize that other cruiselines are cutting back, too. But this is the Carnival board, so it makes sense that our discussion is focused on Carnival.

Yes, but mentioning other lines cutbacks helps to keep things in perspective. To ignore other lines cutbacks would tend to make it seem like Carnival is the only line cutting back, which is not true.

I totally understand and don't see anything wrong with that because CCL is not bad (I don't think so anyway)...I never said they were...which is why when some people totally jump on me, I don't get it.

I love cruise crew ...never been on any ship where the service was bad...other than the lack of live music and the fact that for us, NCL crew are a bit better (which makes the atmosphere on the ship better, which makes out cruise more fabulous), the only thing that makes me ill with the CCL product is their management and I am turned off in a big way with their idea of social media....but even with that, I would never say never to a CCL cruise, but I would be going with VERY different expectations.

Our last CCL cruise was that Hawaii one. We enjoyed it immensely, but we knew that there was better out there...better for US anyway.

When you are on a ship that long, you really get to see how well ity's run. With CCL there is NO flexibility, no plan B. The one thing we love about NCL is every cruise is different because they play to their audience....if the average age is older, they accomodate that. If there are rough seas and shows are cancelled, they have something else planned. They do spontaneous things all the time. One time, the Hotel Director on one of our sailings decided it would be fun to invite the passengers to the crew party...:D I can't even begin to tell you what a blast it was. That is one of the things that we like about NCL the most, the interaction with crew is awesome....On one sailing one of the Social Hostess was very good at belly dancing, so we asked her to schedule a class...the next day it was in the schedule. 40 women showed up and we had a blast...totally off the cuff.

Carnival...NO WAY

That CCL Hawaii sailing because of it's 15 day duration had a majority of middle aged and older cruisers, yet the disco had hip-hop every night. We'd walk by and there would be the DJ, all alone.

Seas were rough (should have been NO surprise as we were sailing the Pacific)..shows cancelled...no Plan B

CD (Stu) was great...when he did anything. He was in the Piano bar one night. This was the only time the piano bar was packed as the Piano guy was horrid. Stu had us all having a great time, just as his 30 minutes were up, when everyone was really getting into it, he left.

on NCL this doesn't happen. No schedules are set in stone so if passengers are having a blast, the party continues.

Fixing common sense and having flexibility would cost Carnival NOTHING.

Very interesting post. Points well taken.

CCL's steak house is better than (has always been better than) Cagney's no doubt (of course it should be as it costs more). We tried Cagney's once or twice and don't go there anymore as LeBistro is far superior.

In fact, the food in the mdr on our last NCL sailing was actually so awesome that we actually hesitated booking any surcharge restaurants, but did so just for variety.

Not really comparing both lines steakhouses but commenting on your statement that you see no signs of cost cutting yet since NCL went public.

We cruised on the Star in August 2012 and went to Cagneys at $25 pp and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We just went on the Dawn last month and went to Cagneys at the now $30pp price and a lot of the selections from August are now gone, the size of the steaks has shrunk, went from 6 to 3 shrimp in the shrimp cocktail but the price has gone up.

Thus my comment about Cagneys and the cost cutting may be starting at NCL.

Bill

Yes, but mentioning other lines cutbacks helps to keep things in perspective. To ignore other lines cutbacks would tend to make it seem like Carnival is the only line cutting back, which is not true.

Ok...so we will call them 'changes'

CCL added Guy's burgers. To some, this is fabulous. To me, not so much. I like a burger just as mush as any red-blooded US Citizen, but this is not something that would ever make me choose a cruise line.

If other lines have cut things in order to maximize profit, it does not show...because they offset their changes and make other changes (which cost nothing) are good ones.

Attention to detail is HUGE...costs a cruis eline ZERO dollars. CCL does not do this.

Service, paying attention to passenger's feedback and obtaining it on the spot; officers Hotel directors, food and beverage managers walking the ships all day long, getting feedback, GOOD AND BAD and actually listening to it and IMMEDIATELY making changes...costs a cruise line nothing.

Common sense that costs them zero cents.

Not really comparing both lines steakhouses but commenting on your statement that you see no signs of cost cutting yet since NCL went public.

We cruised on the Star in August 2012 and went to Cagneys at $25 pp and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We just went on the Dawn last month and went to Cagneys at the now $30pp price and a lot of the selections from August are now gone, the size of the steaks has shrunk, went from 6 to 3 shrimp in the shrimp cocktail but the price has gone up.

Thus my comment about Cagneys and the cost cutting may be starting at NCL.

Bill

I won't disagree because Like I said, we do not eat @ Cagneys....didn't like the steak there when we had it back in 2007/2008. Our steaks at LeBistro (DH and I always get the Rib steak for two) has not changed since our first NCL cruise in 2007

Honestly, we booked our upcoming cruise with them in part because we had decided to do Europe next year and decided to keep building up the days for the VIFP rather than checking out RCCL as we had thought about. I guess I feel we've been more loyal to Carnival than they have been to us.

I will never cruise for perks, as the cruiselines can change them at any time as we saw last year with Carnival. RCL also changed some, so not defending them either. Now the diamond lounge on older ships is only for diamond plus.

diamond (75 days, same as platinum on carnival) you get free wine at night. I used this 5 nights my last rcl cruise.

diamond plus is 175 days on RCL .. carnival made it 200 days. and gives you a one time steak dinner and gives you back the platinum perks they removed.

Ive seen a lot of people who wonder why Carnival set diamond so high, why not at 175 days and match RCL?

At diamond plus on RCL I get the concierge lounge back on ships Voyager class and lower that they took away from diamonds. They said too many diamonds now to fit in the lounge on older ships :( Now diamonds just get free wine or champagne, no hot food or mixed drinks except on the two newest classes of ships. (which dont go out of NOLA or Galveston, but I get the lounge on Allure which Im doing twice next year).

So, Carnival isnt the only one who took away benefits.. but Carnival perks to me are at the bottom of the cruiselines, nothing to get excited about enough to book a cruise just to get them.

All the VIP etc.. all cruiselines do that, no biggie to me.

We considered ourselves loyal to Carnival when we could just drive to Long Beach and cruise on the Splendor. Now that we have to fly, we are really looking at our options. We just got off the Allure and loved it. The flowrider is about a thousand times better than a water slide and the choices you have for everything are fantastic.

We still have two cruises booked on Carnival, but I would love to swap one of those for an Oasis trip, which is still pricey to us.

Been thinking about it for quite some time. Yesterday pulled the trigger and switched NYE cruise to RCL. Not particularly "upset" with CCL (will be back on Dream this summer), more in the nature of getting bored with the cookie cutter experience. Time to change things up.

Are you dissatisfied enough with past experiences, cutbacks, etc to consider switching to another cruise line? We are.

Yes. The entertainment cutbacks are the biggest reason that we will be looking at Princess & Royal Caribbean. We love the fun factor / relaxed atmosphere on Carnival, but we sure do miss the orchestra & production shows.

Archived