Letter from Rccl

we just received a letter from RCCL stating that they will no longer have reservations for the entertainment

they stated it will be first come first served

They have also moved the reserved pool chairs deck to the top of the ship

well that's two reasons I book a suite no hassle for shows or pool seats!

My cruise is on the liberty in June we are staying in a GS my favorite perks are GONE WHAT'S NEXT

Every cruise we have been on has had the 'gold card' seating in a special section. There were no reserved seats except for the section. I guess I do not know what is so special about that. We would not want to sit in that section anyway. It is usually in the back far from the stage and was open to everyone 10 minutes before showtime. It is easy to get there a bit earlier and have the choice of much better seats.

WHATS NEXT is:

Enjoy the space and lux of the GS

Enjoy the Concierge Lounge that comes with the GS

Enjoy the priority boarding, disembarking, etc. that comes with the GS

Enjoy all the other perks that come with the GS

and most of all

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!:D

For what it's worth, I never really understood why they did reservations for shows on Liberty anyways. I've cruised Liberty twice with show reservations and they never even checked. I don't see any problem with that going away.

As for reserved seating, are you sure they are changing the reserved theater seating?

When I was on Liberty in February, the reserved deck chairs were already on the small, top deck above the Sky Bar. That changed from the tiered seating a while ago. But the theater seating was still center balcony.

WHATS NEXT is:

Enjoy the space and lux of the GS

Enjoy the Concierge Lounge that comes with the GS

Enjoy the priority boarding, disembarking, etc. that comes with the GS

Enjoy all the other perks that come with the GS

and most of all

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!:D

Of course we will it's just a heads up!

We were on Independence in March and the reserved pool deck seating was on the top deck then as well - not the side decks above the pool as with Voyager class. They do have the reserved seating in the theater and Studio B with seats selected on a first come basis.

I would think they would be keeping the entertainment reservations for Oasis class as the varied venues and balance with the passenger load was the key driver in initiating that with those ships. Someone else probably can confirm but I am not sure all Freedom class ships had pre-reservation options anyway, with just the ice show and main theater being the key venues.

we just received a letter from RCCL stating that they will no longer have reservations for the entertainment

My cruise is on the liberty in June we are staying in a GS my favorite perks are GONE WHAT'S NEXT

emerald –

Reserved seating for suites and reservations to get in the venue are two different things.

I have not seen your letter but by your comments appears that reservations are no longer required to get in to the shows. Frankly, with most shows generally presented twice each evening, I am not sure why they even instituted reservations.

Does your letter say that there is no longer a suite ( or gold card) reserved seating section? I would be surprised stopped if they stopped the reserved seating areas. Many seem to enjoy this benefit and it does not cost the cruise line anything to provide it.

Since you note the change in pool reserved seating I suspect this is evidence that reserved seating is not eliminated. If you do not like the reserved seating areas ( you note the seating at the pool is changing) you are not required to sit in that section. You can sit anywhere. I imagine it is impossible for RCCL to decide on a reserved seating area that would be satisfactory to every suite guest.

Good luck

M

Is RCCL saying "reservations" or "reserved seating for Gold Cards?" I am reading your statement as no longer taken reservations for production shows like on the mega ships like the Oasis or Allure?

It says it's changing it's policy for reserving show seats FIRST COME FIRST SEATED I don't think it's a gold card thing because I thought anyone could reserve seats for entertainment.

It says it's changing it's policy for reserving show seats FIRST COME FIRST SEATED I don't think it's a gold card thing because I thought anyone could reserve seats for entertainment.

Perhaps you are getting upset for no reason.

Anyone could reserve a space and it was first come first seated with the reservation. It appears that now , the reservation is not needed and that seating is still first come first seated.

It does not address the section set aside for suite seating.

Every ship I have been on that does not require entertainment reservations at all, seating is first come first seated, but there is ALWAYS a suite ( gold card) reserved area in the theater. On some ships, they extend the reserved theater seating areas to D+ passengers.

Hope you get it worked out

M

Reservations for the shows in the main theater are completely unnecessary on Freedom (and I assume the other ships in its class). Its silly to even offer them as reservations are not checked when you go to the theater and we arrived onl ten minutes prior to the show one night and still scored seats right down in front.

A friend of mine received this email with regards to Show reservations they had had on the Liberty (I have since heard it is the same on the Freedom)-

Dear Guest,

We are constantly receiving feedback from our guests which is greatly appreciated and even helps drive many of the decisions we make as a cruise line. Over the last year, we received numerous comments regarding the show reservation process onboard the Liberty of the Seas and based on these comments we have decided to change the program completely. Moving forward, guests will only have the ability to make reservations for the ice show, Encore! An Ice Spectacular. The other shows will not need reservations and guests will be accommodated first come first serve for all shows performed in the Platinum Theater. This message is to advise you that your reservation for In the Air has been canceled, but the show will still be performed on its scheduled day and time. For a complete schedule of all of our show offerings please proceed to the Pre-Cruise Planner section of our website and download the Showtime-At-A-Glance PDF document.

Thank you for reserving your shows in advance,

The Guest Entertainment Team

I logged into My cruises account and my reservations for the shows, e.g. Ice show etc. are still there. I rang UK customer services and although this not a lot to go on, they told me that nothing had changed in the online entertainment reservations. I am only in a balcony cabin of course, so perhaps it is now on a first come first basis for reserving online. I do know that GS guests can or did get priority from concierge, although I fail to see why, because it could be their first and last cruise, so why should they get priority over say Diamond who have remained loyal to RCCL, but then that is another topic.

The show reservation thing makes sense. The ice show is the only show that needed the reservation anyway. That usually does fill to capacity so it makes sense you'll still be able to reserve that.

They never even checked in the main theater if you had a show reservation because there is always seating available. It makes sense to stop reservations for the main theater.

For what it's worth, I never really understood why they did reservations for shows on Liberty anyways. I've cruised Liberty twice with show reservations and they never even checked. I don't see any problem with that going away.

Agreed -- I just don't think it's necessary on a Freedom Class ship. It always seemed to me that they just started doing it because they were doing it on Oasis Class ships without any real Freedom Class-specific reason for doing so.

We were on Independence in March and the reserved pool deck seating was on the top deck then as well - not the side decks above the pool as with Voyager class.

Others may disagree but I think that's the best place for the reserved pool deck seating. I view Oasis/Allure as the pinnacle of cruise ship pool deck design (seriously -- I love it) and if the gold card section works up high on Oasis I don't see why it wouldn't work up high on a Freedom Class ship. I think it strikes a good balance between reserving an area for gold card holders to lay in the sun without a big hunt and not infringing too much on the pool side seating available for the rest of the ship.

.... I do know that GS guests can or did get priority from concierge, although I fail to see why, because it could be their first and last cruise, so why should they get priority over say Diamond who have remained loyal to RCCL, but then that is another topic.

The cruise line rewards loyal passengers (You only need one cruise to be a Gold member) with a variety of benefits and also rewards those who elect to pay for premium accommodations. Everyone is a winner!

Enjoy

M

As for reserved seating, are you sure they are changing the reserved theater seating?

When I was on Liberty in February, the reserved deck chairs were already on the small, top deck above the Sky Bar. That changed from the tiered seating a while ago. But the theater seating was still center balcony.

I agree. The ice show is the only show that needs a reservation. The Oasis twins are another story. I am glad that they do have the system in place. It works great.:)

We were on the Liberty in April. We did make reservations for In the Air and Saturday Night Fever, but our sea pass cards were not checked when we entered the theatre and we were able to sit in great seats. Don't miss In the Air, truly amazing. Have a wonderful cruise!

We were on the Liberty in April. We did make reservations for In the Air and Saturday Night Fever, but our sea pass cards were not checked when we entered the theatre and we were able to sit in great seats. Don't miss In the Air, truly amazing. Have a wonderful cruise![/

That is great to hear I will try not to miss it.Thanks to all who responded

What kind of status is a gold card?

A gold colored SeaPass card is given to guests in full suites (Grand Suite or better), or Pinnacle level Crown & Anchor members.

Archived