Is there FREE wifi anywhere on the Summit?

whatevergoes

Free wifi? Yes! When you get off the ferry, look for the road between the Irish Linen Shop and Goslings Liquor store. Walk up the short block and you will see the Perot Post Office. Right next door is the library. Nice places to sit outside. AND free wifi. If it is hot, go inside the library.

Free and fast.

I will write a review later of my trip that ended today.

But the OP asked about specifically on Summit.

But the OP asked about specifically on Summit.

I am sorry. I thought that it might help someone to know about the free wifi on the island that the Summit visits.

I should have not bothered?

Next time, yes there is no free wifi on the Summit. I will not mention free wifi off the Summit.

Edited by Corgis mom
Wring word

Don't take it too much to heart. One of the characteristics of boards like these is that threads take off on tangential directions -- it's hard to remember to stay on topic.

We see a thread that asks something like, how many outlets are in the bathroom, and an answer comes back, there are three in the bedroom, and then someone asks are they at the desk or by the bed, and someone answers, I just bought a surge protector for my various chargers, and we completely lose track of the original question. It's the nature of these boards.

You'll get the hang of it when you read more posts here --

On a cruise on another line I was sitting in one of the public areas near a group of5-6 teenage boys. It was fascinating seeing them try to cope without an electronic device in their hands. On land all would have been playing with something while still "fooling around". On the ship, they were trying to find something to do with their hands other than wringing them. One "project" they undertook - pulling the petals off the daisies on the tables. I did not see them as meaning to be destructive, just unfamiliar with what to do with hands without cellphones, or such.

I am sorry. I thought that it might help someone to know about the free wifi on the island that the Summit visits.

Next time, yes there is no free wifi on the Summit. I will not mention free wifi off the Summit.

Don't apologize....you were trying to help:) and I am sure

there are folks who appreicate it too.:)

No problem at all. I meant no harm.

• 2 years later...
I bought a package that was $10 for 29 hours of service with the Bermuda Naval Dockyard that would work as long as I was on the pier, my balcony or in windowed public areas (pooliside, buffet, etc). It was nice as it only counted service time that you were using it, so if you signed off to go to bed, you could resign onto it in the morning.

So for the three day in Bermuda it was more than what I needed.

Did it not work from inside your stateroom?

Even though the thread is old there is still no free Wi-Fi on Summit and very limited in Bermuda. You an purchase a plan to have it in the Dockyard. I think one of the restaurants has it for free but you have to be a paying customer.

Yes, that's true, but much of the information given on this thread such as minutes and cost on Summit, is way out of date and that's what I was pointing out.

Did it not work from inside your stateroom?

I found this information on a tourist friendly web site:

Since February 2012, the entire dockyard is now wifi enabled. From your laptop, phone or Ipad once you connect to the service, you can pay online through your credit card. Rate plans are available for hourly, one day, 3-day usage etc. You can also connect to the wifi service from your cruise pier. Long distance calling cards are also available throughout the dockyard.

Here are instructions from TBI's page:

Enable WIFI on your device

Search for the WiFiZone by TBi network

Open a web browser to connect to sign-up page

Rates

1 hour- $4.99

24 hrs- $9.99

72 hrs- $14.99

Basic Monthly- $29.99

See you on Sunday.

I found this information on a tourist friendly web site:

Since February 2012, the entire dockyard is now wifi enabled. From your laptop, phone or Ipad once you connect to the service, you can pay online through your credit card. Rate plans are available for hourly, one day, 3-day usage etc. You can also connect to the wifi service from your cruise pier. Long distance calling cards are also available throughout the dockyard.

Here are instructions from TBI's page:

Enable WIFI on your device

Search for the WiFiZone by TBi network

Open a web browser to connect to sign-up page

Rates

1 hour- $4.99

24 hrs- $9.99

72 hrs- $14.99

Basic Monthly- $29.99

See you on Sunday.

Yes, that is current. Don't expect to pick it up in you stateroom. Most are reporting they don't.

https://www.telebermuda.com/residential/wifi/

How do you take pictures, write notes, read books, without an iPhone ?

Sometime iPhone time is better then family time :p

The only thing worse than using iPhone to take pictures from a vacation is reading on an iPhone. :)