Marina Bay Cruise Terminal

TEMBOY

I have been to this place before recently on my cruise on the Mariner.

It's a joke to be honest, and frankly i'm embarrassed that we have this terminal that does not functions as well as we hope. Before i went on the Mariner, there were reports of chaotic boarding process with the Mariner and Voyager in port. Long hours just to board a ship with baggage lost and a jam up terminal.

My experience is with Mariner. True to its history, the terminal filled up pretty quick and they had to get new chairs as the chairs ran out pretty quick. And many people had no choice but to stand. The Announcement was soft and coupled with the Boarding Tags system, everyone crowded around the the escalator to go down to immigration.

With only one ship in port and already this bad, I couldn't even imagine how what will happen if the Oasis Class comes into Singapore one day. Is MBS well prepared for its arrival? Add the Mariner next to the Oasis, and I can tell you there will be utter chaos and unhappy passengers.

For the arriving passengers, it was a breeze to go through customs and bags were located easily. We were out in 30 mins waiting for a taxi queue that is long but moves quickly.

If anyone wants to beat the taxi queue during peak hours, the train might not be a bad option. There is a station called Marina South Pier about 500m to the right after you exit the terminal under a sheltered path. It will take you straight to the city quickly and efficiently.

Edited by WaveSplasher

• 1 month later...

I am familiar with Marina Bay but not with Harbourfront terminal.

I can't find any arrival schedules yet for October, so don't know which one Celebrity will be using.

I am flying out same day as arrival.

Are the arrival procedures and transport options to airport from Harbourfront as efficient as from Marina Bay ?

Thanks.

I am familiar with Marina Bay but not with Harbourfront terminal.

I can't find any arrival schedules yet for October, so don't know which one Celebrity will be using.

I am flying out same day as arrival.

Are the arrival procedures and transport options to airport from Harbourfront as efficient as from Marina Bay ?

Thanks.

Celebrity Millennium? She docked at Marina Bay Cruise Centre.

Harbourfront Cruise Centre is unlike MBCC. There are a few Taxis stands as Harbourfront Cruise Centre is in a Shopping centre and the queue for taxi can be quite long.

Thanks cruiserinsq.

It is Celebrity Solstice going into dry dock in October.

I couldn't find an Oct schedule for either terminal.

The flight I am looking at is 1pm. We are scheduled to arrive at 8am.

I would be doing self disembark with one small bag.

Any thoughts on whether that is realistic timing if docked at Harbourfront ?

Thanks cruiserinsq.

Yes it is doable for both Cruise Centres. If you docked at Harbourfront, once you exit the immigration, if I'm not mistaken, turn left and turn left to the Exit Door and at the times you can find Taxis bringing incoming passengers to the cruise ships. Otherwise, follow the direction signs to the Taxi stands. If you get lost, ask, Singaporean are helpful. :)

Taxi should be a half hour ride without traffic. If you at T3 and a bit famish, go to the basement in T3. You can find lots of local food. Hope you have ac great cruise and a wonderful short sty in Singapore.

Edited by cruiserinsg

Harbourfront: Shouldn't be a problem at the taxi stand if you get off the ship early. We also had a 1:00PM flight in March. Got off early as first group debarking (not self-debarking), walked past the mall to the taxi stand. No line and got on a taxi right away. Arrived at the airport with plenty of time in the lounge.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks cruiserinsq.

Hey there.

Celebrity Solstice will dock at Marina Bay Cruise Center, the one in Marina Bay. This is because, the ship is too big and too tall for Harbourfront.

Enjoy the cruise. I'm looking forward to the Solstice too because it last came in 2012? Will be there to video the sail-away..Might do the arrival too :D

Hey there.

Celebrity Solstice will dock at Marina Bay Cruise Center, the one in Marina Bay. This is because, the ship is too big and too tall for Harbourfront.

Enjoy the cruise. I'm looking forward to the Solstice too because it last came in 2012? Will be there to video the sail-away..Might do the arrival too :D

Indeed. Even the Celebrity Millennium class ships are too big for Harbourfront and they have to dock at Marina Bay. Here is a video of the Millennium in port.

[YOUTUBE]u9MG8IeV-xk[/YOUTUBE]

Hey There,

It will be docking at Marina Bay Cruise Center. It's too long for Harbourfront.

Awesome, we are staying at the Marina Bay Sands, I assume it is easy to get there from the port

Awesome, we are staying at the Marina Bay Sands, I assume it is easy to get there from the port

Cool.. You can even see the terminal from there! It's easy to get there but walking there will be tedious as its quite a long walk. Doable but long.

Either you take a taxi or take a train to Marina Bay from Bayfront station(inside MBS) then transfer to the the Red line going to Marina South Pier. Once you get off its a 5 minute walk to the terminal. Hard to miss it when you step out from the station

Edited by WaveSplasher

In 2013 we sailed on the Volendam, and she docked at Harbourfront, which we think is great as it's such a good shopping centre and there is everything you could want there, including easy access to taxis etc. We are sailing on her again next January. Does anybody know whether she will be at the Harbourfront or the Marina terminal?

In 2013 we sailed on the Volendam, and she docked at Harbourfront, which we think is great as it's such a good shopping centre and there is everything you could want there, including easy access to taxis etc. We are sailing on her again next January. Does anybody know whether she will be at the Harbourfront or the Marina terminal?

Yes, saw her docked there a few times from Sentosa. :)

• 4 months later...
We have four hours to wait at marina Bay terminal for our planned transfer to Changi. Is there really nothing to do there - no cafes, no shops etc as their website makes no mention of these. Wondering whether to try to rearrange our transfer.

Suggest you rearrange and spend the 4 hours inside Changi Airport. :)

Flight is not until late at night so will already have over eight hours at the airport. We were advised (badly!) originally that there were amenities at the cruise terminal but I think now that they were talking about the other terminal not Marina Bay, so I think you might be right to rearrange.

If your airline isn't registered for the CruiseFly system (there are only 8, check the marina bay terminal website) there is a left luggage counter just to the left of the ground floor exit.

VERY IMPORTANT.

It is only open while a cruise ship is docked, so ask what time they close that day.

If they are going to be open, it leaves you free to look around Singapore.

Taxis are cheap, probably about SGD 35 to airport.

Marina Bay Cruise Terminal has a fly - cruise facility where you can drop your luggage there and it will be transported to the airport so you can enjoy a day in Singapore for selected airlines this might be a better option for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks but our airline, Etihad, is not served.

If your airline isn't registered for the CruiseFly system (there are only 8, check the marina bay terminal website) there is a left luggage counter just to the left of the ground floor exit.

VERY IMPORTANT.

It is only open while a cruise ship is docked, so ask what time they close that day.

If they are going to be open, it leaves you free to look around Singapore.

Taxis are cheap, probably about SGD 35 to airport.

Thanks. Have looked into this but really want to spend time at airport and we will have spent the previous day doing what we want to do in Singapore itself.