Laundry question

Amy5000

I'm planning on purchasing the unlimited laundry for our cabin. We are on a 7 night cruise from Vancouver to Seward. After the cruise I have a one week DIY land tour planned, but I'd like to start with suitcase full of clean laundry (we are a family of four and it might be difficult otherwise).

Can I give them laundry after the sixth night and get it back on time? Will they take it. (Otherwise I'll land in Seward with two days of dirty laundry in my suitcase and I'm already worried about how much I have to pack).

I'm willing to bring quarters and detergent and do the last two days of laundry on board if I need to, but it would be awesome if I only had one day of dirty laundry to deal with when I got to Seward.

Any knowledge, advice or insight?

Thanks, Amy

I'm planning on purchasing the unlimited laundry for our cabin. We are on a 7 night cruise from Vancouver to Seward. After the cruise I have a one week DIY land tour planned, but I'd like to start with suitcase full of clean laundry (we are a family of four and it might be difficult otherwise).

Can I give them laundry after the sixth night and get it back on time? Will they take it. (Otherwise I'll land in Seward with two days of dirty laundry in my suitcase and I'm already worried about how much I have to pack).

I'm willing to bring quarters and detergent and do the last two days of laundry on board if I need to, but it would be awesome if I only had one day of dirty laundry to deal with when I got to Seward.

Any knowledge, advice or insight?

Thanks, Amy

All laundry was cut off somewhat before the end of our cruise, but I don't remember the exact time. Something like the morning of the day before disembarkation. In addition, the laundry turnaround varied on our 68 day Grand Voyage. Sometimes it was back morning of next day, sometimes evening. If you are really concerned, talk to the front desk and get your laundry to the right person (not necessarily your cabin steward) at the last possible second.

We did it on the morning of the next to last day and had it back that same day.

Sorry but could you clarify: when you say next to last day do you mean you can have laundry done the day before disembarking the ship or is the last day two days before disembarking.

Thanks. Amy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry but could you clarify: when you say next to last day do you mean you can have laundry done the day before disembarking the ship or is the last day two days before disembarking.

IIRC if you disembark on Saturday, the last day to turn in laundry would be Thursday.

Does anyone know what the unlimited laundry package costs?

Depends on the cruise length. Pretty sure 7-days is $49.00. And well worth every penny.:):)

I'm willing to bring quarters and detergent

Don't bring detergent - the machines dispense a low-sudsing type. And you can get quarters from the front desk if you need them.

Does anyone know what the unlimited laundry package costs?
It varies with the ship and itinerary, but the average is about $7 per day.

Any knowledge, advice or insight? Thanks, Amy

I assume you are on a HAL ship with laundry facilities? You didn't mention which ship you are sailing.

I assume you are on a HAL ship with laundry facilities? You didn't mention which ship you are sailing.

The Statendam, which I believe has facilities.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We have purchased the laundry package on 2 trips and were pleased both times. On the first trip we were on a ship with laundry facilities but were glad we had purchased the package because there was a virus outbreak and for much of the trip the self-service laundry facilities were closed. This was beyond the initial 48 hours that the buffet is NOT serve yourself. In fact the buffet line was "wrapped" in plastic and even in the main dining room rolls were served to you individually rather than having a basket of bread.

Can you send the laundry out any time of day with the unlimited package? Or are there certain pick-up times? Thanks.

Your steward will take the bag when he services the cabin---either morning/afternoon, or evening turn-down.

The turn-around time really varies, based, I assume, on how many people are using the service. We boarded Maasdam after 5 days of travel, so had enough for two bags when we boarded. It went out as soon as we got on and came back, as I recall, that night. We sent out laundry every day (why not have everything clean?) and the time got longer as the week went on. They would not take laundry later than Thursday for a Saturday departure. The $49 for the unlimited was well worth it, especially as we needed five days of laundry done at the start and as much as possible at the end as we stayed five days in Boston after the cruise. It's worth sending out even clean laundry as the stuff from your suitcase comes back in much nicer shape than when you unpacked it.

We sent out laundry every day (why not have everything clean?) and the time got longer as the week went on.

I've noticed that the less I have in the bag, the shorter the turn-around time. If I send just the day's clothes in the evening, I sometimes have them back by the next morning's breakfast.

It may be coincidence, or it may be that there's always room to tuck a couple more things in the washer.

Can you send the laundry out any time of day with the unlimited package? Or are there certain pick-up times? Thanks.

The steward will pick up the bag, if you are in a hurry to get it out, pick up the phone and ask for a pick up.

The sooner the laundry receives the bag, the sooner it can be returned.

Archived