Why can't North Americans live without 'iced water' at mealtimes?

Skipper Tim

tomsafrica ... you don`t have to be mad to sail MSC! but it helps if you are ....... :D and as the jailer says in "Life of Brian" he he he`s .. :)

Tim ... We have the best water in Bolton .... :p oh and sheep.

sent using my fingers on the keyboard _ app

That sounds horrible!!!!

It's not what you may think it is. :)

Thinks of savory scons with a gravy made from the drippings of cooked pork sausage, white flour, milk, and often (but not always) bits of sausage, bacon, ground beef, or other meat. The gravy is often flavored with black pepper.

biscuits-and-gravy-e1327273264297.jpg?w=700&h=503

Thinks of savory scons with a gravy made from the drippings of cooked pork sausage, white flour, milk, and often (but not always) bits of sausage, bacon, ground beef, or other meat. The gravy is often flavored with black pepper.

For breakfast - vom; for lunch / dinner - yum

Really not selling it to me. Hope you are not a food salesman by trade! Or is that called a chef.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For breakfast - vom; for lunch / dinner - yum

Really not selling it to me. Hope you are not a food salesman by trade! Or is that called a chef.

Knock it before you tried it? :eek: ;) Different cultures/places have different things they eat that may seem odd.

Years ago I was traveling with a friend through Europe and stayed with his relatives in Switzerland. His aunt asked us what we usually have for breakfast and when we said bacon and eggs she made it for us one morning. His cousin walked in and was she appalled that we ate that in the morning!

There are think you eat in the UK, perbinder, that sound ghastly. Blood pudding or bubble and squeak anybody? :eek:

I have a feeling the won't of you won't go for Chinese or Japanese breakfasts. ;)

Knock it before you tried it? :eek: ;) Different cultures/places have different things they eat that may seem odd.

Years ago I was traveling with a friend through Europe and stayed with his relatives in Switzerland. His aunt asked us what we usually have for breakfast and when we said bacon and eggs she made it for us one morning. His cousin walked in and was she appalled that we ate that in the morning!

There are think you eat in the UK, perbinder, that sound ghastly. Blood pudding or bubble and squeak anybody? :eek:

I would never eat any of the above! Again generalisations made because of location in the world.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One thing I always stock up on in Turkey because I simply can't get it anywhere is tripe soup. Tripe has gone out of fashion in the UK but I have never seen tripe soup here ever. Delish! Might have some now....

You are so banned from now on for reviewing the food on MSC

tomsafrica ... you don`t have to be mad to sail MSC! but it helps if you are ....... :D and as the jailer says in "Life of Brian" he he he`s .. :)

Tim ... We have the best water in Bolton .... :p oh and sheep.

sent using my fingers on the keyboard _ app

We've got great water and sheep too!

This thread is such a hoot!

its all the fault of you buggers north of Hadrian's for corrupting us with the Krankie's, who by the way gave Silvio Brylcreemo the idea for Bunga Bunga.For those who don't know Bunga Bunga is a n Italian dance not unlike the Shag.

Yes the country that gave the world Single Malt, Golf, television, the first telephone, Tarmac and some other stellar contributions, also inflicted the Krankies on you all....and lets not forget the Proclaimers. Are definitely losing our touch!

One thing I always stock up on in Turkey because I simply can't get it anywhere is tripe soup. Tripe has gone out of fashion in the UK but I have never seen tripe soup here ever. Delish! Might have some now....

Tim, I inherited my late mother's recipe for tripe soup, cooked with onion and milk, served with a dollop of mashed potato.....my boys still ask for me to make it when they come home.

You are so banned from now on for reviewing the food on MSC

Why, just because he likes tripe? There is a "head to hoof" movement where every part of an animal is used in cooking - in very good restaurants.

Yes the country that gave the world Single Malt, Golf, television, the first telephone, Tarmac and some other stellar contributions, also inflicted the Krankies on you all....and lets not forget the Proclaimers. Are definitely losing our touch!

The first telephone was Scottish? :eek:

I have a feeling the won't of you won't go for Chinese or Japanese breakfasts. ;)

Not sure about Jap, but I am currently living in Beijing and sometimes do eat what the locals eating.

We also had tripe (with bun) in Florence, and it's rather average taste compared to what they are selling in China :eek:

btw, some locals here swore that the best sheep in the world is from Inner Mongolia...

The first telephone was Scottish? :eek:

Alexander Graham Bell was the creator of the first practical working telephone and he hailed form my home town. There were other scientists prior to this experimenting passing electrical currents along wires.

Don't forget the Tobasco sauce!

Sorry about that I forgot the instruction in Tims PM to bash the yanks not each other:eek:.

Ive never forgotten Goodbye Mr Mckenzie or the Soup Dragons either.:)

Alexander Graham Bell was the creator of the first practical working telephone and he hailed form my home town. There were other scientists prior to this experimenting passing electrical currents along wires.
did you know that a Croatian invented the neck tie, everyone laughed at him until the shirt was invented.

Archived