Coffee card

sept10dsm

I didn't see any threads on the Princess coffee card. Is it still available, if so what is the cost and what is included? I recall the card use to include brewed coffee without a punch. Is an old card still valid if you have punches left like it use to be? Thanks for any help.

Yes, there is still a coffee card. With tip, it is about $30. You get 15 specialty coffees. In addition as long as you are on the cruise where you purchased the card and have at least one punch left, you get brewed coffee.

Old cards can be used for the specialty coffee, butn not the brewed coffee.

Do they deliver specialty coffees or brewed coffee to your room (assuming you have a coffee card)?

No, but the room service coffee we had on the Caribbean Princess two weeks ago was not that bad. We always buy a coffee card ($29) because we like espresso and also brewed coffee -- but we had the room service stuff too and it was ok to get us up and out the door some mornings!

Yes, there is still a coffee card. With tip, it is about $30. You get 15 specialty coffees. In addition as long as you are on the cruise where you purchased the card and have at least one punch left, you get brewed coffee.

THank you! I recalled something changed. In the past I thought you could basically keep a coffee card basically forever and use for the brewed! One thing I'm surprised is that the brewed just isn't included for all. We were on a RCCL cruise and found they had brewed in coffee pots in their Starbucks area. We didn't realize until almost the last day though!

No, but the room service coffee we had on the Caribbean Princess two weeks ago was not that bad. We always buy a coffee card ($29) because we like espresso and also brewed coffee -- but we had the room service stuff too and it was ok to get us up and out the door some mornings!

Oh that is too bad! DH is going to have a problem with that since he drinks about a pot every morning! He is in the military though so he is used to the syrup coffee if he NEEDS it haha

At the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35, including gratuity, buys a coffee card with fifteen punchouts for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

Does the brewed coffe taste more like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts/McDonalds?

This could start a whole new thread......ha ha.

To answer the question tho, the brewed isn't like Starbucks (no bitter taste), but not quite as good as McDonald's, my favorite!

I did not use my punches on our last cruise and was told they could be used for regular coffee in the future. The card will be punched as if I had ordered a speciality coffee.

You are correct. Paul's comment was a bit miss leading. Your OLD cards can be used for brewed coffee but your card will be punched.

May be a bit off topic but does the coffee card still include hot chocolate as a free drink? That was one of the reasons I bought one on our last cruise.

Does the brewed coffe taste more like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts/McDonalds?

1. Yes, hot chocolate is included with the coffee card and

2. The brewed coffee doesn't taste like any of them. That's why I get an Americano

I did not use my punches on our last cruise and was told they could be used for regular coffee in the future. The card will be punched as if I had ordered a speciality coffee.

I've had the same experience...old cards on a later cruise can use a punch for a cup of brewed coffee. I would get a new card instead of using old card punches which I'd prefer to use for a specialty coffee drinks.

A photo of the Royal's Gelato menu shows the option to use a coffee card punch for gelato. If the regular price is still $1.50/3 scoops of gelato it would be more cost effective to use punches for coffee drinks. However I might use a punch near the end of the cruise if I don't want to bring home a coffee card with only a few punches remaining.

1. Yes, hot chocolate is included with the coffee card and

2. The brewed coffee doesn't taste like any of them. That's why I get an Americano

Hi Pia

Can you tell me what an Americano is????????? Don't think I have ever heard that term used. Or are you just joking around????? So confused...

Joe

A photo of the Royal's Gelato menu shows the option to use a coffee card punch for gelato. If the regular price is still $1.50/3 scoops of gelato it would be more cost effective to use punches for coffee drinks. However I might use a punch near the end of the cruise if I don't want to bring home a coffee card with only a few punches remaining.

Someone posted that gelato on the Royal is $2.75 so a punch from the coffee card is a pretty good deal.

Archived