Liberty Review - Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman

elsplace2

Hi there,

I'm trying something different from my usual reviews here on CC. So I hope everyone can read it. This has been written as a blog type review , so it would be completed when I posted it!

There are lots of photos!!

Here are some of the highlights that we did.

FTTF

Behind the Fun Tour

Wine Pairing

Luggage Express

Excursions:

Cozumel - Dolphin push, pull and swim

Belize - The Belize City Tour and Airboat

Roatan - Mahogany Bay

Grand Cayman - Hell

http://elsplace3.blogspot.com/2013/06/we-cruised-june-1-2013-through-june-8.html

If you have any questions or comments, please come back to Cruise Critic and ask them on this thread.

I hope you enjoy it!!

Great review and nice photos. We were on the Liberty for our anniversary, too, last December, and it was one of our favorite ships (we did the Eastern itinerary).

Like you, we also did FTTF and Luggage Express. We were sold on Luggage Express then and used in again on the Victory this spring. They also required everyone to meet in the forward dining room--I agree with you that it doesn't make a lot of sense, particularly considering you could have gotten off earlier with your FTTF privileges--and both times we've used it, a couple of people were late showing up and they wouldn't let us go until everyone was assembled. Not having to schlep that luggage around was worth it, though. Happy belated anniversary!

Thank you all, for the be-lated Anniversary wishes! :D

I'm also glad you all enjoyed my review. I wasn't sure how it was going to go doing it that way. It's still time consuming but at least I can edit it when I catch a mistake, unlike posting it here. I have 15 minutes to catch it! LOL

Another good thing doing it this way, I don't need a host photo company, like Photobucket, to post my pics. So no need to download them there, then on CC.

Now that's time consuming too!!

Again thanks for the compliments and Anniversary wishes! Glad you enjoyed it! :D

Thanks again for all the kind comments.

david sobe: Yes this review was time consuming and I'm still learning my way around the blogging site....especially how to edit. I found a typo and am trying to figure out how to get back to editing. But it's fun to write these reviews and re-live our cruise.

deborahjo: As far as the Luggage Express....Your 12:30 FLT will be fine as long as its leaving out of Miami. I think the earliest flight from Miami is after 11:30am. and from Ft. Lauderdale 2:00 pm.

berwyn: The captains name was Roberto Leotta. Not that I knew that off hand, but it was on the Fun Times.

Shoto- thanks, glad you enjoyed the blog format....i wasn't sure how well this format would go on Cruise Critic! Congrats on your 30th as well....i will read your review tomorrow, when I get a free minute!

N.Fl - I loved our cruise director.....Karl with a K. I thought he was really funny!

We didn't see him around too much....but then again we were probably doing other things.

Hey Jill!! Nice to hear from you! Glad you enjoyed my review! You will love this itinerary....I suggest if there's one place to get up early and try and get some photo shots, is Belize.....you saw those sunrise pics....glad we didn't miss that!!

Edited by elsplace2

Thanks for your blog! Great job!

We have cabin 8448 booked on the Freedom in September. Your pics of the balcony and cabin are terrific! We've never had an aft-wrap before and never stayed that far back on the ship. Any hints or advice would be appreciated.

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed it.

HI EL!!!!

We sailed together on the Freedom in 09. I just did this Liberty itinerary in October! Did you get to meet Dario in the Alchemy Bar?

Just wanted to say hi, and now I'm off to actually read your review!

Hi Tonya!

I hear alot of you Freedom Roll Call Cruisers are still sailing together! That's great!

To be honest we didn't sit at the bar part where they made the drinks, it was always busier there, with people doing Martini tastings etc. We sat back in the other part and had the sweet waitress take care of us. When we would go she would chit chat with us for a bit if she wasn't busy.....unfortunately I can't remember her name. Hope you enjoyed the review!

Thanks for your blog! Great job!

We have cabin 8448 booked on the Freedom in September. Your pics of the balcony and cabin are terrific! We've never had an aft-wrap before and never stayed that far back on the ship. Any hints or advice would be appreciated.

Happy Belated Anniversary!

You will LOVE this Aft Wrap. The pros to the 8th deck is that you have a longer side deck. The cons is, occasionally you do hear the deck chairs on the lido deck....but it's not all the time, just once in a while. We heard more on this cruise than we did on our Freedom cruise.

As far as movement, which is a popular question for the aft rooms....personally I don't notice more movement in the Aft than forward, it just depends on the seas. Also occasionally you will notice some soot from the smoke stacks.....but I only noticed them on the railing not our chairs.

One last note....if you wake up early, try and get some photos of the sunrise. We were unfortunate to have alot of cloudy mornings and evenings, but having an aft wrap gives you a wide angle to catch that one perfect sunrise!!! (or sunset)

Edited by elsplace2

GREAT REVIEW & photos! Thanks!! we sail on this lovely Lady in less than 2 weeks. Can't wait!

My DS has a question.... do they have mini wheats cereal? I know, odd question. He is concerned about his fiber.:rolleyes: