Boarding

zrxchic

I'm asking specifically about Carnival here. I've read lots of threads, but didn't see this specific question.

When you board, do they go through all carry ons, or just run them through the scanner and flag certain bags. I just want to know if they go through EVERYTHING you carry on or just run through the scanner.

Thanks for any help!

And large liquid bottles of shampoo, lotion, etc, are fine. So are scissors. But no irons. Even curling irons are usually a no-no.

incorrect.

hair appliances are absolutely permitted.

only clothes irons and steamers are banned.

Chic: all bags are scanned through an airport style xray machine. they will also do random inspections even if nothing shows up in the xray. the only difference is there is no size limitation for liquids in your cary on like airports have.

incorrect...hair appliances are absolutely permitted.

It has been "sometimes" with us. We've been on cruises where our curling iron was confiscated and returned the last night, and other times it has been no problem. I'm not sure why the discrepancy. Thanks for the correction.

It has been "sometimes" with us. We've been on cruises where our curling iron was confiscated and returned the last night, and other times it has been no problem. I'm not sure why the discrepancy. Thanks for the correction.

I would think there would be an uprising if they took our curling irons. I mean really, I can't do my hair while I'm on a cruise?! I don't go anywhere with my hair straggling and hanging in my face, let alone on a dream vacation. Perhaps your curling iron is really old and doesn't have the auto shut off. That is the ONLY reason I can see for them to not allow your personal item. It's like taking a man's shaver or comb.

I would think there would be an uprising if they took our curling irons. I mean really, I can't do my hair while I'm on a cruise?! I don't go anywhere with my hair straggling and hanging in my face, let alone on a dream vacation. Perhaps your curling iron is really old and doesn't have the auto shut off. That is the ONLY reason I can see for them to not allow your personal item. It's like taking a man's shaver or comb.

:D There would certainly be an uprising if they tried to take our curling irons! :eek:

LuLu

~~~~

Archived