Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

My BF and I were on the 2nd preview cruise so in the spirit of this thread - 10 things we loved about the Royal!:

1. Horizon Court Terrace/Outrigger Sofas - perfect for relaxing in the sun and looking out at the wake

DSC00914.JPG

2. Retreat Pool and Cabanas - relaxing and peaceful

retreat.jpg

3. New massive TVs with movies/tv shows on demand and a Where are We? map option!

DSC01022.JPG

4. Patter and stateroom account accessible via your iPad/mobile

DSC00941.JPG

5. Comfortable beds (at last!)

DSC00953.JPG

to be continued....

(continued..)

6. Funky chairs outside Princess Live! - "Ah Mr Bond..."

IMG_0292.JPG

7. Laundry by cruise card - ok we didn't use it but will be very useful on longer cruises!

DSC00934.JPG

8. Alfredos additional menu options - this is their "apple pie" as the waiter called it

DSC01053.JPG

9. The new Horizon Court - much more spacious, more food options and we liked the chairs

horizon.jpg

10. The choreographed fountains dancing to music - beautiful to watch of an evening!

DSC01111.JPG

Fun walking and jogging track on the sports deck with intriguing pieces of apparatus although climbing on and off them when you are only 5ft tall means a complete lack of dignity:o

Oh goody - something to look forward to with my sub-standard legs. :D

Dinotoll's photos intrigued me - first time I had noticed the sports deck equipment. I look forward to testing a few pieces. Kay

My BF and I were on the 2nd preview cruise so in the spirit of this thread - 10 things we loved about the Royal!:

1. Horizon Court Terrace/Outrigger Sofas - perfect for relaxing in the sun and looking out at the wake

2. Retreat Pool and Cabanas - relaxing and peaceful

3. New massive TVs with movies/tv shows on demand and a Where are We? map option!

4. Patter and stateroom account accessible via your iPad/mobile

5. Comfortable beds (at last!)

6. Funky chairs outside Princess Live! - "Ah Mr Bond..."

7. Laundry by cruise card - ok we didn't use it but will be very useful on longer cruises!

8. Alfredos additional menu options - this is their "apple pie" as the waiter called it

9. The new Horizon Court - much more spacious, more food options and we liked the chairs

10. The choreographed fountains dancing to music - beautiful to watch of an evening!

A picture is worth a thousand words - thank you so much for the beautiful "Top 10 " photos. Great caption for #6.

I'm looking forward to being on the ship, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, exploring places I haven't been to before, enjoying the Piazza and the IC, trying the new dining options, checking out the Retreat pool area, etc. If there are lemons, I'll make lemonade. It won't be perfect but then no ship or cruise is.

Now what kind of attitude is that for a Princess cruiser? You don't make lemonade, you make Limoncello! (We had a good crop on our lemon tree this year and my wife made several batches of Limoncello. :D)

I can see the new, larger piazza as a nice feature and the expanded Alfredo's certainly won't be a bad thing. The new, larger televisions with the on demand system and the ability to get your cruise account info on the TV is definitely something good. I'm sure there are numerous positive things about the new Royal.

For those who definitely don't want to sail her due to the perceived negatives, there is always the positive feature that many folks will sail on the Royal and that will mean fewer folks crowding the Grand class ships that so many love.

Edited by Thrak

I can't remember where I read this but I also saw a picture (which I also can't find :o ) but I LOVE the fact that there are wash basins on the way in to the Horizon Court (and hopefully the dining rooms also)!!!

I can't stand the hand sanitizer (and am not sure of how well it works ) and now I'll be able to actually wash my hands without going looking for and going in to the ladies room on the way to meals! :D

Just popping in for a second a bit behind on everyone's posts have had a busy work day. Can't wait till all calms down tonight and I can catch up on everyone's comments!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make that 5 of us!!

That is great they have a ledge for shaving legs YAHOO. simple things make a girl happy. I am looking forward to the new beds, never had a problem with the old beds but a new bed should be even better. Also looking forward to being away with my hubby. Ports don't matter just want to experience the new ship and relax. By November 10 should be lots of positive things to say I am sure

Hi Gracie' date='

Thank you for starting this "positive" thread - great for those of us who are already suffering from withdrawal after the absolutely fantastic "Everything Royal Princess" thread has ended.

Hopefully this thread will gain similar momentum. Keep posting folks so it stays on Page 1 !!

Having never been on a Princess ship before, I'm looking forward to the overall "Princess experience." BFF, whom I've known since we were three years old, lives far from me now. She's never cruised and we are thrilled to be able to celebrate a Biggie Birthday together on a magnificent new ship. (Yes - we're both [u']just[/u] turning 21 - where did I put those reading glasses) ;);)

We are so excited about walking into the Piazza for the first time!

I'm looking forward to having a mini-suite with an extended balcony, as I love sitting on the balcony in the middle of the night when sleep eludes me. Having the extra stateroom space for two unrelated people will definitely be a plus.

Don't even know where to start on how much I'm anticipating all the dining options. I am a "list maker" and just keep adding notes to my "Where to Eat" list. And I, for one, will be happy to walk a few extra steps to the forward stairs so I can burn off all the calories I plan to eat!! :)

I do hope this thread grows and grows, as there are so many positives about this beautiful new ship. Kay

Kay you certainly have a way of making a positive out of a negative. Make sure you keep the ship going smoothly as I will be on the 11/17 sailing!!LOL

I'm POSITIVELY looking forward to cruising on the Royal Princess in December!

Especially:

1) Trying the Sea Walk both during the day and at night. I have a balcony mid forward, but if Cost were not an option would have liked a mid-ship mini under the Sea Walk. The Pics at night from the lighting from the Sea Walk are absolutely stunning. Beautiful blue glow enveloping your balcony. . .awesome. Lucky people!

2) count me as #7 for the shower step, brilliant

3) Brand-spanking New ship....enough said :D :D

4) Piazza, public spaces, Retreat pool, Sanctuary.....

I could go on and on. SO looking forward to my Royal experience

Sue.

Sue I am Lido deck more forward but I bet for those mid ship it would be very relaxing to sit and see the blue glow from Sea Walk!!

I sailed on the first Preview and although I am not a lover there are certainly some positives to look forward to:

Another vote for the extremely handy shower ledge and the nice sized shower.

Stunning Atrium that made something as simple as grabbing a drink (and a delicious pastry) and people watching feel like an indulgent experience.

The comfiest beds I have ever had on a cruise ship coupled with the quietest general running makes for a wonderful nights sleep. No unusual creaks, clanks or other undefined noises!

Fun walking and jogging track on the sports deck with intriguing pieces of apparatus although climbing on and off them when you are only 5ft tall means a complete lack of dignity:o

Vista Lounge is a great venue, updated and seemed larger than on other ships.

Great picture and sound quality on MUTS

Good to hear from someone else who has sailed her. I'll be you are looking forward to a longer voyage!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!

Gracie,

I was also on the Crown cruise and using our credit for a mini-suite on deck A for the TA. I remember the story about you. We had a great cruise and didn't get sick. We are going on the Crown for super bowl this year. See you on the Royal. Anne

Anne will you be on the 11/17 Royal sailing or is it the TA sailing or both? So you are tempting fate with another Crown for Super Bowl?? LOL I wish we had, had more time to explore the ship!! Luckily you didn't get it the first time!!

Oh, I forgot about the new mattresses, I shall look forward to the new beds then too. :p

I know, right? I am learning about quite a few things I didn't know about like the Blue Glow not to be confused with the shelf in the shower because that I found out about pretty early on!!LOL

(continued..)

DSC01053.JPG

Wow that has got to be the most unusual yummy looking Apple Pie that looks kinda like Key Lime that I have ever seen. Alfredo's will be on my wish list for sure!!

What a great thread! I don't have a cruise booked on the Royal but when I do I am looking forward to many things including experiencing a new Princess design. Also looking forward to seeing the Atrium, trying all the food and bar venues, the couches on the Lido deck aft overlooking the wake look like a great place to relax, the Adult's only pool area, the Skywalk, etc.

When I do cruise the Royal I plan on looking for the things I will like and not paying much attention to what I might not like. I do that when I cruise any ship. There has only been one time that I cruised that I had to really make myself look for the positive and that was a very old Carnival ship the Tropicale. Even on that ship I did have a good time.:)

I can't remember where I read this but I also saw a picture (which I also can't find :o ) but I LOVE the fact that there are wash basins on the way in to the Horizon Court (and hopefully the dining rooms also)!!!

I can't stand the hand sanitizer (and am not sure of how well it works ) and now I'll be able to actually wash my hands without going looking for and going in to the ladies room on the way to meals! :D

I know I saw it too on another thread then someone on this one posted it too I think I have it on #21. I guess they are finally figuring out hand sanitizer does not keep the Noro Virus from spreading. I just wonder how many will try to crowd around it at one time. If I run back across the picture will try to post it.