Equinox restaurants

Junctioneliot

We have always eaten in the MDR on previous cruises and have been happy with the food and selection.

This cruise on the Equinox we thought we might try one of the specialty restaurants.

If we had to to choose one which one would you recommend?

Thanks for any input.

We had a wonderful dining experience at the Tuscan Grill on the Equinox. The food was well-prepared and very much to our liking, with plenty of choice. Everything came to our table looking like it came out of a food magazine, too. The ambiance was terrific in that the staff was attentive and responsive and the view was fabulous. It was a very good evening, one that makes me smile when I think back on it.

We also tried Murano which we emphatically did NOT like. And no one was more surprised about that than me, given the glowing reports you get about the restaurant. The service was dreadful. I thought the waiters at Murano were supposed to be attentive and cordial, and ours were rushed and stingy with any information or recommendations for our meal. We did not feel like valued patrons when we dined at Murano. What one likes is all suggestive, but we felt the menu was uninspired and unimaginative compared to what we found at Tuscan Grill. Go figure. I know our experience at Murano was not typical and that everyone seems to love it and have a great time there but I'll never recommend it to anyone.

We were on both the April 15th and April 30th Equinox sailings this spring. We enjoy both Tuscan Grill and Murano. Neither my husband nor I enjoyed Silk Harvest; while the presentation and plating was attractive, we thought that the food was mediocre. Silk Harvest describes itself as asian fusion, and I think that they need to be either more creative or just do traditional cooking.

I agree. Loved Tuscan grill, did not like Murano. Thought Silk Harvest was pretty good, especially when we took server's suggestions. Tuscan had good food, good service, wonderful view out the back. Well worth price. Thought Murano was stuffy and waiters gave more attention to those who ordered the even more expensive specialties and the high end wines.

Did not have 'good' service andwould not go back to Murano. Tuscan had nice meals, some prepared tableside. Friendly, helpful service, worth the price. (This was on more than one Solstice.) Plan to use all but Murano on upcoming Equinox.

Murano or Tuscan grill. some dishes are better than others so that's why you see some who liked one or the other. My wife and I walked out of Silk Harvest after trying some of their sushi as an appetizer.....it was awful...clearly had been made much earlier, the rice was a sticky black mess....l won't go on. They actually called the next day to invite us back to try again and we just said thank you, but no thanks.

Some like Silk Harvest. We've spent a fair amount of time in Asia and we lived in NYC where chinese (and other native foods) are excellent and authentic (if you know where to go). Silk Harvest is about as good as our local take out chinese restaurant in Florida although the atmosphere is of course much better.

If you want a good steak, you aren't going to get it in the MDR, so try either murano or tuscan grill. As I recall the rib eye was not great, but the filet was good (but it's been a while...we now pretty much just eat in Blu)

We also tried Murano which we emphatically did NOT like. And no one was more surprised about that than me, given the glowing reports you get about the restaurant. The service was dreadful. I thought the waiters at Murano were supposed to be attentive and cordial, and ours were rushed and stingy with any information or recommendations for our meal. We did not feel like valued patrons when we dined at Murano. What one likes is all suggestive, but we felt the menu was uninspired and unimaginative compared to what we found at Tuscan Grill. Go figure. I know our experience at Murano was not typical and that everyone seems to love it and have a great time there but I'll never recommend it to anyone.

This was also our experience not once but twice in Murano's. On TWO different ships, we just weren't impressed at all. We did like Tuscan Grill on the same two ships, Solstice & Equinox and our recent dinner on Connie at their version of Tuscan was the best by far, so we would recommend Tuscan Grill over Murano or Silk Harvest every time. On Equinox you should ask for a table by the window, especially if is at sunset, the views are spectacular!!!:D

We have eaten at Tuscan and Murano on a couple of ships. We definitely prefer Tuscan. The service is attentive without being too much. The food is more to our liking in Tuscan also. That is personal taste, so take it for what it is worth. We have quit eating at Murano when inboard. Never have tried Silk Harvest so cannot offer an opinion.

I've spent more than 2 months on Celebrity ships in 2013 so far. I like the Equinox, but the menus are the same across all the ships. A 14 day rotating menu. There are no chefs,just cooks ....

Murano has the same menu as the Millineum ships specialty restaurants...

We have always eaten in the MDR on previous cruises and have been happy with the food and selection.

This cruise on the Equinox we thought we might try one of the specialty restaurants.

If we had to to choose one which one would you recommend?

Thanks for any input.

Murano and Tuscan Grill are both good, but if I could chose only one, I would select Murano. The dining experience is very different from that of the MDR. While food quality can vary from ship to ship, the Murano ambiance is worth experiencing at least once.

Just got back from Equinox last week.

Got the package to dine in all 3 speciality venues.

Murano was wonderful but the service whilst outstanding was a bit 'intense'. Having said that the food was outstanding and the experience certainly matched some top venues in London we have eaten in.

Tuscan Grill was also very good and has a lovely location with great views. Unfortunately 'I'm never really hungry' syndrome had set in by the time we ate there and they are very large meals !!

The Silk Harvest was so bad we actually asked for a refund. The Head Waiter phoned to apologise and again to offer a free lunch which we declined.

I've spent more than 2 months on Celebrity ships in 2013 so far. I like the Equinox, but the menus are the same across all the ships. A 14 day rotating menu. There are no chefs,just cooks ....

Murano has the same menu as the Millineum ships specialty restaurants...

They do have the same menus, Murano's was fashioned after the "M" class spec. restaurants, but in my opinion the "M" class FAR outshine Murano's in every way....food may taste basically the same but the ambiance and service seems more personal on the "M" class....we felt that way after experiencing Murano on 2 ships and it was reconfirmed by our visit to Connie's, Ocean Liner's this past April, our first trip on an "M" class in many years....

We had the Ultimate Dining Package aboard the Equinox last week and were able to dine every night in the speciality restaurants. We sampled both Murano and Tuscan Grille on the first two evenings. Murano wins hands down, and for anyone to say MDR is equal to Murano is talking thro their ****. A wonderful experience, the menu changed midway thro' the cruise, increasing the selection adding Chateaubriand, Steak Diane and a Loin cut of Veal, which was the best meal I had ever eaten.

Everything was superb, the lobster melted in the mouth ( love the cream sauce), the Dove Sole was equally as good. The meat or fish selection will out class anything on offer in the MDR or Blu.

Tuscan was good but lacked atmosphere, their steaks were excellent but I am not that keen on Italian food, prefer French.

We had the Ultimate Dining Package aboard the Equinox last week and were able to dine every night in the speciality restaurants. We sampled both Murano and Tuscan Grille on the first two evenings. Murano wins hands down, and for anyone to say MDR is equal to Murano is talking thro their ****. A wonderful experience, the menu changed midway thro' the cruise, increasing the selection adding Chateaubriand, Steak Diane and a Loin cut of Veal, which was the best meal I had ever eaten.

Everything was superb, the lobster melted in the mouth ( love the cream sauce), the Dove Sole was equally as good. The meat or fish selection will out class anything on offer in the MDR or Blu.

Tuscan was good but lacked atmosphere, their steaks were excellent but I am not that keen on Italian food, prefer French.

Everyone has diffent taste and to say that anyone who thinks differently is talking through their &$&$ is rude. I thought the specialty dining was over rated.

Everyone has diffent taste and to say that anyone who thinks differently is talking through their &$&$ is rude. I thought the specialty dining was over rated.

Totally agree, people do have different tastes but seldom are they poles apart. To say the MDR is better than Murano or Tuscan is ridiculous but if you said they are over priced, I would agree. Apology if you took offence it was just an expression, not meant to be factual........!

Archived