From here to there and back again...on the Volendam

Thanks for updating your blog, hope the starboard propeller has been successfully repaired.

Did they say why Pea Soup was not served on the bow and outside decks?

Nope never did say anything about it, just didn't serve it. Saw it on a menu for the Dutch late night snack in the Lido, but didn't make it up to the Lido to see or try it.

On the other hand, hot gluh wein on the bow in Glacier Bay was pretty hard to beat. :)

So glad I discovered your blog. We leave on 29th on Zuiderdam and reading your comments has greatly increased my excitement of my first cruise.

Thanks Kish. I've never been on the Zuiderdam, so if you're keeping a travel blog, (whether on the trip or after you get back), let me know. I enjoy reading other people's cruise experiences. Of course, I'd rather be on a cruise, but it's the next best thing ;)

Sorry your cruise is coming to an end.

Are the Elemis toiletries still supplied on the Volendam?

Hi Erewhon -

Yes, still Elemis, but the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel are in dispensers in the shower/tub, not individual small bottles. The body lotion is still in the small bottle.

Hi Erewhon -

Yes, still Elemis, but the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel are in dispensers in the shower/tub, not individual small bottles. The body lotion is still in the small bottle.

Thank you for your reply, I had read on another thread that a different brand of toiletries are supplied on some of the HAL ships.

We encountered the shampoo, conditioner and bath gel in the containers in the shower since 2010.

I do use the shower gel once in a while and I have encountered the shower gel to be watered down a couple of times.

We thought that the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel on the Oosterdam ( December/January)were watered down.

Archived