NEW PORTS-How many times can you go to Coz?

TNCruzer56

I agree Carnival could use some new ports for the more experienced cruisers! While i love going to all ports, seeing them for the first time has a certain level of excitement when you don't know what to expect.

I booked my first Celebrity cruise to visit Grenada & St. Croix! With their promo for free beverage package it was too good of a deal to pass up! Sorry Carnival!

I went to St Croix on royal 3 years ago. it was ok, but a pp is right there is a lot of crime. the same day we were docked a celebrity ship was also docked and a ship sponsored tour was held at gunpoint

It has been the only port where I felt that our safety was in jeopardy. It was a while back, but not in a hurry to go there again.

Inregards to new ports, I sure wish that South America was more of an option. It would be a bunch of fresh ports. Realize getting there is an issue, but if there is a will there is a way.

Bonaire

Costa Rica

Dominica

Grenada

Martinique

St. Barts

St. Croix

Colombia

A couple of ideas-C`mon, don`t you want at least one new port???

I've been to Dominica (2007) and Martinique (2001) on Carnival cruises. Both beautiful islands. I have no desire as of right now to go to Colombia, maybe after I research it a little but I don't know much about it or the port. Check out NCL too, they might go to a few of the islands on your to-do list.

If you're doing the western Caribbean its nigh on impossible to NOT wind up in Cozumel. While its not my personal cup of tea I do prefer it to Nassau which is equally hard to avoid. To me, as a pp above, while not exciting it sure beats a day at the mall at home!

Personally I love Progresso but haven't been back since it seems to only be on 4 and 5 day cruises.

I don't fancy myself as "loyal" to any cruise line but by virtue of having ships in the Caribbean year round and my vacation schedule we definitely wind up on Carnival a lot. (I flat out refuse to even consider RCCL until they do away with that god awful website - irrational I know but I do) However even on other lines although they may have other ports to see they still stop at Cozumel. Doesn't matter how "exotic" the itinerary is - you're still going to Cozumel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're doing the western Caribbean its nigh on impossible to NOT wind up in Cozumel. While its not my personal cup of tea I do prefer it to Nassau which is equally hard to avoid. To me, as a pp above, while not exciting it sure beats a day at the mall at home!

Personally I love Progresso but haven't been back since it seems to only be on 4 and 5 day cruises.

I don't fancy myself as "loyal" to any cruise line but by virtue of having ships in the Caribbean year round and my vacation schedule we definitely wind up on Carnival a lot. (I flat out refuse to even consider RCCL until they do away with that god awful website - irrational I know but I do) However even on other lines although they may have other ports to see they still stop at Cozumel. Doesn't matter how "exotic" the itinerary is - you're still going to Cozumel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel the same way regarding Progrsso. It is how Cozumel used to be 20 years a go. Nice fun port with wonderful people.

[quote name='TNCruzer56'][COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana][B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]Bonaire[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]Costa Rica[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]Dominica[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]Grenada[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]Martinique[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]St. Barts[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]St. Croix[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[B][U][COLOR=blue][FONT=Verdana]Colombia[/FONT][/COLOR][/U][/B]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0033cc][FONT=Verdana]A couple of ideas-C`mon, don`t you want at least one new port???[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

I'm no expert but on a Western itinerary that includes Cozumel, I think it would be really hard to substitute one of these...maybe Costa Rica, maybe...but the others are nowhere near enough to do. Maybe an Eastern itinerary would be best for you? Juat a thought.

Check out the Freedom and Valor itineraries: they go to the southern Caribbean and far eastern Caribbean:

Barbados
St. Lucia
St. Kitts
Curacao
La Romana
Aruba
Antigua
Tortola

I have never been on the Valor, but the Freedom is a great ship! (See pictorial review linked in my signature)

[quote name='kwbound']Cozumel is fine. It's Progreso they need to dump from the Galveston itineraries and replace with Costa Maya or Playa de Carmen. But I think Progreso is probably a big money maker for them with most people taking ship tours or staying on board, or at least coming back early.[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's money I think it's location and distance form a lot of ports.

Don't think it's money I think it's location and distance form a lot of ports.

Costa Maya and Playa de Carmen would both be closer to Coz than Progreso. You can take a ferry from Coz to PDC, so it would be really close for the ship to sail over to the mainland. And Costa Maya wouldn't be that much farther south. Or as another option on a 5night from Galveston:

Day 1 - sea day

Day 2 - Key West

Day 3 - Cozumel

Day 4 - sea day

That would be better than Progreso too.

[quote name='kwbound']Costa Maya and Playa de Carmen would both be closer to Coz than Progreso. You can take a ferry from Coz to PDC, so it would be really close for the ship to sail over to the mainland. And Costa Maya wouldn't be that much farther south. Or as another option on a 5night from Galveston:

Day 1 - sea day
Day 2 - Key West
Day 3 - Cozumel
Day 4 - sea day

That would be better than Progreso too.[/quote]
We have taken the ferry to Playa Del Carmen. It was an enjoyable day.

If you are tired of Cozumel-I suggest a tour around to the uninhabited side of Island. Its kind of like the difference between Honolulu and the North Shore in Hawaii. If you're so inclined the Bar Hop is great-drink(eat) as much as you want or don't

Archived