Disembarkation in Rome, time frame

NSAHO79

• 2 years later...

Does NCL arrange transport to FCO?

Has anyone taken Bus from Rome Port (Civitavecchia) to FCO Rome Airport?

if so, how much $$ and how long did it take?

I see posts about using Rome Cab but $157 seems like a lot from Port to Airport. Or is that normal?

Does NCL arrange transport to FCO?

Has anyone taken Bus from Rome Port (Civitavecchia) to FCO Rome Airport?

if so, how much $$ and how long did it take?

I see posts about using Rome Cab but $157 seems like a lot from Port to Airport. Or is that normal?

First: I'm sure NCL arranges transport as do most other cruise companies but USUALLY only on the same day as arrival or departure so if you're going early or staying longer, that's not an option. (reminder this a Celebrity group)

The cruise port and the airport are about 40 minute drive from each other...40 minutes at the crack of dawn. Take a look at your flight time and determine if you are likely to hit traffic.

In either case, Rome Cabs is a great company to go with. We used them for our party of 4 and divided the expense. The ease of have our own "private chaffeur" and the comfort of the vehichle made it worth while. We'll do it again next year for our next cruise in and out of Rome.

Edited by Themothership26

If we DO NOT want to carry off our own luggage, what is the earliest group time to get off the ship? If it starts at 7 AM, and we can get to the airport in one hour, should we expect to be able to get to the airport by 9:15 AM (two hours before departure of our plane)? We would take a private car since there are three of us.

We did not do self disembarkation and we were off the ship at 7.00 am in July this year , our luggage was there waiting for us , just noticed this is an old post ,I am a bit late with the information lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by tartantiara

• 8 months later...
Just read most of your messages and am slightly encouraged. We're on Silhouette, disembarking on July 15 in Rome with a 9:30 flight back to the states. From what I am reading, seems we'll be okay with a request to leave the ship by 6:30 a.m. We'll use a private transfer. One of those companies was doubtful the ship would let us off that early so please if anyone has any info, please respond. Thanks.:eek:

Hi, I am curious if you were able to make your flight without any problems. We are scheduled for a cruise this fall. The cruise comes back to Civitavecchia on a Saturday. We would much prefer a non-stop flight on that day but it leaves FCO at 10:25. Our plan is to only bring carry ons (we just got back from Greece with only carry ons and was quite easy). We would plan for a private transfer.

If we let the cruise know our flight is at 10:25, would we be one of the first ones allowed off the boat? With carry ons only, could we just walk right off and meet our driver there in a quick and timley manner? Thanks in advance!

We were able to get a 9:50 flight. The cruise ship had no problem letting us off early AS LONG AS THE SHIP DOCKED IN TIME! There was a little bit of a delay because they won't let you off the ship until the ship is secured meaning all the people running around the dock and getting the luggage carriers ready are out of the way. As I said, we did make it thanks, in part to Rome Cabs which is the company we used several times. They are very good. The best part of leaving that early is that there isn't much, if any traffic, getting to FCO. Hope this helps.

We live in UK and have travelled at least 3 times out of Civitavecchia. Each time different in regard to getting to airport (due to traffic etc) BUT! The biggest variation is once you are at the airport, for security and check in time etc - even for UK they prefer you to allow 2-3hrs for check in, at the moment security is tighter everywhere and often in Europe they have strikes which cause delays. Would agree with others saying do not take any flight prior to midday. Better to relax and enjoy your cruise without worrying you wont make it home. Celebrity offer an extend your stay option in Europe where you can pay to stay on the ship until early afternoon and we really enjoyed this.

Thanks for the advice. Basically it sounds like it can be done but not many recommend trying it. Of course I understand why but it definitely appears doable. I'll keep everything in mind and decide soon whether 10:25 is just too risky.

We just got off Reflection there on Monday. Let bags out the night before. Got up, had breakfast, and walked right off at 655AM. All bags were off and waiting in terminal. In the car and out of the port by 715 and at the airport by 8.

We just got off Reflection there on Monday. Let bags out the night before. Got up, had breakfast, and walked right off at 655AM. All bags were off and waiting in terminal. In the car and out of the port by 715 and at the airport by 8.

Wow, that is fast. What time was your flight? Is the cruise ship good about letting you off as one of the first ones if you do have an early flight?

I echo many of the comments. We have three times in the last five years disembarked the ship early (7:30-ish), hopped in a limo service vehicle, and easily made our 11:00 am FCO flight to the States. We will be doing it again this August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have always used the private driver services. Ship's transportation waits on all those who booked it to board, and there's always a straggler. We got off the ship, easily found our luggage, our driver was waiting and we were off. I would not trust ship's transportation, train or bus to hustle me to make a flight.It's worth the extra money to feel secure that you have a dedicated driver charged with getting you to the airport on time.

Wow, that is fast. What time was your flight? Is the cruise ship good about letting you off as one of the first ones if you do have an early flight?

Flight was 1155AM. Anyone with independent transfers/arrangements can walk off anytime from 7AM onwards. No waiting to be called!

Flight was 1155AM. Anyone with independent transfers/arrangements can walk off anytime from 7AM onwards. No waiting to be called!

Thanks for all the comments. I had confidence to go ahead and book the 10:25 AM flight. What time should I request a private driver to pick us up?

Thanks for all the comments. I had confidence to go ahead and book the 10:25 AM flight. What time should I request a private driver to pick us up?

You are very brave!

I agree with the 7:00 pick up and I suggest doing express walk-off, carrying your own luggage. (We walked off at 6:45 and our drivers were waiting.)

We arrived at the airport around 7:45 and it took a full two hours to reach our gate after all of the security, passport controls..... (and we used the priority airline lane as well as express security line).

You just never know with FCO - most suggest a three hour window.

Good luck!