Suite differences

Im booked in an S4 on the Royal - R606 to be specific does anyone have any photos of such room so i can have a sneak peek???

Also whats the difference between the suites, ive been trying to find out, keep hearing penthouse, owners and grand etc.....how would one go about differenciating between the three? moreso how would you choose to book one over the other???

I would caution you to be very careful to glean all the info you can about your suite as some have been pictured as having tiny balconies that will not even accomodate a lounger.

You cannot trust the deck plans furnished by Princess as they are not drawn to scale so I would try to find actual pictures of the suite you have booked.

Good luck!

Mike:)

Im booked in an S4 on the Royal - R606 to be specific does anyone have any photos of such room so i can have a sneak peek???

Also whats the difference between the suites, ive been trying to find out, keep hearing penthouse, owners and grand etc.....how would one go about differenciating between the three? moreso how would you choose to book one over the other???

Go to the Cruise Critic Royal Princess review of "cabins". The last few paragraphs discuss the differences between the

Royal's suites. While the mid-ship suites have the smallest balconies of all the suites, suites are still the luxury cabins on the ship - as demonstrated by price. And all of the suites have much more interior space than any other category.

Not sure how accurate the pictures are or if it will help you but the last pictures on this site has pictures of R610 which I think is a S4 cabin. This link was posted in the thread - Everything Royal Princess- and was post #5575

http://www.cruisetricks.de/galerie/index.php/royal-princess/kabinen-suiten

It looks like from these pictures that they did away with the whirpool jets in the bathtubs in the full suites.:( on the new

Royal. One of my favorite features about the full suites

Edited by Ronnieslady

That helped a great deal, and from what i see I will definately love it! its stunning.

As for the balcony there is 3 of us and it looks to be sufficient, its not like were gonna do yoga on the balcony, yes i agree its smaller than say cabin c239 caribe on the Caribbean princess, however its big enough to sit chat and drink out there....................

Also, I caution those of you who enjoy the jetted tubs, nothing more nasty and bacteria filled is those little jets.....stick to your own home jetted tubs to avoid the nasty!

• 1 year later...

How did you like R606? I'm in it for 10 days in October. Thanks for any feedback!!

The only cabins, suite or otherwise, that I would consider sailing in on the Royal or Regal would be the aft owner's suites as they appear to be the only decent-sized balconies

But beware the nightly shower of soot; and most have little or no shade and very little furniture--2 loungers, 2 small tables and a round table and 4 chairs . . .that's it.

Haven't any pictures to show you but how about a video of R604?

And, here's a video of the owners suite.

Not sure there are any grand suites on royal.

Would suggest you take a look at this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1718037

Lot's of exterior pictures of the different balcony/suite cabins. As noted above and apparent in this photographs, the aft balconies can have significant cover or not so be careful which you chose. You can search for soot to see if that will be an issue for you. I decided it was not.

Edited by RocketMan275

Suggest you take a look at this website: http://cruiseclues.com/

There is a lot of info and videos that may be helpful

Have a great cruise.

It looks like from these pictures that they did away with the whirpool jets in the bathtubs in the full suites.:( on the new

Royal. One of my favorite features about the full suites

That is true along with the wetbar and a tiny balcony.

We were on the Royal in July in R614. PH Suite. Yes, the balcony is small, but you basically have a double length one. It's not much, but it's fine if you don't intend to spend a lot of time out there. Certainly 3 people can sit out there.

I can't tell you if the huge tub had whirlpool jets, since we never used it. The shower is nice and big though.

There is a TON of storage space, both closets and drawers. And the room was a good size. BTW, the pullout sofa bed was as comfortable as the regular beds, if not more so.

All in all, a very nice suite. So nice, we're doing the Regal in February in the same one!

We were on the Royal in July in R614. PH Suite. Yes, the balcony is small, but you basically have a double length one. It's not much, but it's fine if you don't intend to spend a lot of time out there. Certainly 3 people can sit out there.

In comparison we had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for 8 on our suite balcony on the Golden.