Children's Program

condor

Actually your daughter sounds as though she would be a lovely passenger for any line! My only thought is that you might wish to look for one where

other young teens are likely to be on board. That might include SB ,especially during holiday periods. Perhaps I would think of Crystal due to higher passenger load, a disco so unused during days that she could probably practice her dancing there, more musical offerings and a dedicated movie theater. Paula

I've heard Seadream is great with kids.

Have you tried looking at Regent? They have bigger ships so a higher chance of running into other children, plus on some (all?) cruises they do offer a childrens program.

SeaDream is a DISASTER with kids! I invite you to read the current thread on this subject at the SeaDream boards.:eek:

It feels like I've never been away :)

Some time ago, probably a couple of years ago I raised the subject of bringing a child on board Seabourn and it lit up like a gasoline doused touch paper.

So here's a question for you all.

Where would you suggest we go with a 13 year old very well educated, polite young lady who enjoys spending a couple of hours getting ready for dinner - I have no idea how you would possibly fill the time but somehow she manages. She knows how to use a knife and fork correctly and will happily spend time teaching her single handed American elders the art.

She loves her dancing and spends hours practicing dance moves in front of the mirror either alone or with friends.

Her father is a commercially endorsed Yachtmaster and she has accompanied him on many journeys at sea so would enjoy seeing how a larger ship operates, in fact she would be surprised to discover her skills would almost allow her to operate as officer of the watch :)

She has been raised in a fairly broad minded environment, father has a terrible mouth and it washes over her. There is nothing that couldn't be discussed at the dinner table.

She doesn't like kids clubs and running around in groups, her ideal would be to hook up with a like minded friend and chat about what ever girls talk about, age range 10 to 17.

She scrubs up well, doesn't smell has a lovely English accent and an English rose complexion that will appeal to those with any semblance of parental / grand parental feelings.

Most bizarrely her parents actually get on with her and spend time with her. There will be times when you hear a laugh or a giggle but I'm sure we could learn to stifle that if needed ;)

Her old man's a bit of a fruitcake though.

Keep smiling

Henry :)

Hi Henry,

You asked for suggestions so here goes. Your daughter sounds lovely and, as long as you are planning to be her companion/entertainment, Seabourn would work as would any line. The problem is when parents (not saying you) bring their prodigies on board and expect others to involuntarily interact with them.:eek: My suggestion might be Cunard in the Grills Class. There would almost assuredly be other well traveled teens on board and dedicated spaces for them to enjoy. Also, Cunard has a female Captain. If you were on her schedule she might just take your daughter "under her wing" and show her around.:D

It feels like I've never been away :)

Some time ago, probably a couple of years ago I raised the subject of bringing a child on board Seabourn and it lit up like a gasoline doused touch paper.

So here's a question for you all.

Where would you suggest we go with a 13 year old very well educated, polite young lady who enjoys spending a couple of hours getting ready for dinner - I have no idea how you would possibly fill the time but somehow she manages. She knows how to use a knife and fork correctly and will happily spend time teaching her single handed American elders the art.

She loves her dancing and spends hours practicing dance moves in front of the mirror either alone or with friends.

Her father is a commercially endorsed Yachtmaster and she has accompanied him on many journeys at sea so would enjoy seeing how a larger ship operates, in fact she would be surprised to discover her skills would almost allow her to operate as officer of the watch :)

She has been raised in a fairly broad minded environment, father has a terrible mouth and it washes over her. There is nothing that couldn't be discussed at the dinner table.

She doesn't like kids clubs and running around in groups, her ideal would be to hook up with a like minded friend and chat about what ever girls talk about, age range 10 to 17.

She scrubs up well, doesn't smell has a lovely English accent and an English rose complexion that will appeal to those with any semblance of parental / grand parental feelings.

Most bizarrely her parents actually get on with her and spend time with her. There will be times when you hear a laugh or a giggle but I'm sure we could learn to stifle that if needed ;)

Her old man's a bit of a fruitcake though.

Keep smiling

Sounds like she would enjoy the cruise and you would too.

I would book it.

Keith

All good suggestions.

Still feeling the itch to try one of these smaller (compared to what we are used to) ships though !

18 day Miami to LA via the Panama canal at Christmas / New Year still has a bit of space left......

Henry,I am on this one,bring the little lady she will have a great time on the Sojourn.

I was on the Quest last year and there were a few but not many children who had a ball.The staff are very helpful.

Another alternative would be to go to London and stay at The Ritz for a week:D

Henry,I am on this one,bring the little lady she will have a great time on the Sojourn.

I was on the Quest last year and there were a few but not many children who had a ball.The staff are very helpful.

Another alternative would be to go to London and stay at The Ritz for a week:D

It looks like an interesting cruise. We went through the Panama canal with Royal Carribean a few years ago but turned round and came straight back out again !

Not particularly port intensive but some interesting stops. I had never heard of San Blas but I can just imagine pulling in there to find shelter.

The flights from London to Miami and then LAX to London are quite good as well. Just trying to see if we can wangle them on Virgin air miles. If we can then I'll book the cruise.

A strange question and don't be alarmed, we're not swingers or anything like that, but I presume there is some sort of notice board possibly in the Square where you can post up activities you are organising to see if others fancy joining in.

I'm in two minds at the moment whether to do this cruise or Thailand again, our standard Christmas / New Year destination.

If we do book I'll obviously post on here and you will be able to get a cabin upgrade following the deluge of abandonments once word spreads that there is going to be a minor on board :)

I have my usual suite and have no intention of moving.

I normally fly BA First but I am trying Virgin Upper for this cruise

VS 5 out from Heathrow at 12.45 and VS 8 return from LAX at 18.55

Plenty of Gingerbread houses and chocolate Santas will also be on this trip:D

I have my usual suite and have no intention of moving.

I normally fly BA First but I am trying Virgin Upper for this cruise

VS 5 out from Heathrow at 12.45 and VS 8 return from LAX at 18.55

Plenty of Gingerbread houses and chocolate Santas will also be on this trip:D

Not sure which Miami flight we would use, the LA - LHR works very well and is quite cheap. Obviously people don't go to LA at Christmas. I think BA are launching an Airbus 380 on that route soon and that probably affects pricing. Virgin reacting to a potential A380 customer magnet.

I've not done BA first, only their club class. Flown Virgin Upper on a number of occasions and I'm not sure it has quite the finesse of a First class cabin. The seat layout is better than BA club, the small bar area is fun, a busier cabin and we have experienced a few shell suited fellow fliers on occasion. But for us Virgin Upper works well. Providing you get a bit of a deal the balance between cost and service is a good one. The lounge at LHR is great, not that we particularly use it in anger but it's there !

The frustrating thing is I've got half a dozen return Virgin Upper flights owed on their air miles scheme but never seem to be able to make use of them. Air miles flights would take the sting out of the trip for a simple country boy like me :)

We will make a decision in the next couple of days.

Archived