Another one bites the dust....

psycomac

Well friends, we've had to cancel our trip for 11/10/13 aboard the Jewel in the GV. DH was given the word from his attending today that it is against physician advice to travel, even 3 months from now. We just don't know where he'll be in treatment or wellness.

I went full boar when it came to the travel insurance so hopefully everything works out for the best because we've already spent (just in deposits) almost $10k. Praying we can get some of it back.

Hopefully some day we'll sail but until then, bon voyage friends and may your travels be joyous.

Well friends, we've had to cancel our trip for 11/10/13 aboard the Jewel in the GV. DH was given the word from his attending today that it is against physician advice to travel, even 3 months from now. We just don't know where he'll be in treatment or wellness.

I went full boar when it came to the travel insurance so hopefully everything works out for the best because we've already spent (just in deposits) almost $10k. Praying we can get some of it back.

Hopefully some day we'll sail but until then, bon voyage friends and may your travels be joyous.

So sorry to hear that...but there will be another time under better circumstances. Since you had good insurance you should not only get some of that money back...but hopefully all of it.

So sorry your plans did not work out and you were so smart to have all the necessary insurance in place.

When my DH had health problems we always had a letter from his attending physician with us stating that he was fit for travel and explaining his medical conditions. That letter was worth it's weight in gold. He had a drain for his lungs and when we encountered airport security checks it could be a problem.............but we had the letter and moved right along.

Wishing your DH a speedy recovery and I'm sure you'll both be happily sailing very soon.

I am so sorry to hear this. You should be in good shape to get at least 75% of deposit back straight from NCL. The rest might be a longer process with the trip insurance, but it should be straightened out by end of August

Prayers to your family

So sorry you won't be my neighbor on this cruise. I know you were so looking forward to it. I assume your friend has cancelled her trip, too. Hope your DH does well and you all get to travel again soon.

So sorry I know how much you were looking forward to surprising everyone. I hope your DH is feeling better soon, and you will have a chance to cruise then.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that!! I really believe these things happen for a reason and I wish both you and your DH good health and the hope that you will cruise again in the near future. Prayers and blessings to you! Take care. :)

good luck with hubby's recovery and I can probably identify with you more than almost anyone else. About a year and 1/2 ago we were faced with the same thing. Hubby was diagnosed with cancer and with surgery and radiation we choose not to cruise. As it turned out, we probably could have, but that was then and this is now. We are thanking God, right now he is cancer free. We will be on a Dec cruise, come hell or high water. We did get to cruise last Jan. with our family.

I am sure you will again, get the opportunity to cruise in the future. If you have the travel insurance you will be fine.

good luck with hubby's recovery and I can probably identify with you more than almost anyone else. About a year and 1/2 ago we were faced with the same thing. Hubby was diagnosed with cancer and with surgery and radiation we choose not to cruise. As it turned out, we probably could have, but that was then and this is now. We are thanking God, right now he is cancer free. We will be on a Dec cruise, come hell or high water. We did get to cruise last Jan. with our family.

I'm hoping we can go some time next year. DD will start school next fall so we're hoping if we *can* go, that it'll be some time before then.

Im so sorry. I know how much this trip and surprising everyone meant to you.

Most important is family and their health. I wish a speedy recovery for hubby. Sending good thoughts your way. :)

I feel rude asking you this question, but have you released your room. It is not showing up on the NCL sight and I may be interested in booking it for our sons who have decided to join us on this trip. I have a call in to our PCC but he does not work on the weekends.

I feel rude asking you this question, but have you released your room. It is not showing up on the NCL sight and I may be interested in booking it for our sons who have decided to join us on this trip. I have a call in to our PCC but he does not work on the weekends.

I had the GV booked

I had the GV booked

It is not showing up as available. We have the other one booked and was going to put our sons in the other one. On the Star you can open the wall between the two and I was hoping you could do the same on the Jewel. We were in the GV on the Jewel last May but I don't remember if the walls were made so they could be opened.

It is not showing up as available. We have the other one booked and was going to put our sons in the other one. On the Star you can open the wall between the two and I was hoping you could do the same on the Jewel. We were in the GV on the Jewel last May but I don't remember if the walls were made so they could be opened.

the TA said it's cancelled and i'm not showing anything booked on myncl

the TA said it's cancelled and i'm not showing anything booked on myncl

Thanks for checking. My PCC called this afternoon and said someone booked it yesterday. (I was pretty impressed they called me on a Sunday afternoon.)

Hope your husband is feeling like traveling soon and you can enjoy this room with your family.

I feel your pain. We were to leave last Tues. for a three week vacation to Italy, including an 8 day cruise to Greece and Turkey on the Jade. On Monday, the day before our departure, I was rushed to the hospital and I wound up having emergency surgery. We had to cancel the entire trip. Thankfully we have trip insurance.

Four years ago, in 2009, we had a similar experience. My husband was rushed to the hospital two weeks before a planned Alaska cruise. We had to cancel that cruise also. What were the chances that this would happen to us twice? :(

We did manage to cruise to Bermuda the following year and to Hawaii the year after that. We're already booked to try again for Alaska next summer. Hopefully everyone stays healthy. Of course, we have purchased trip insurance once again!

Best wishes for your husband's recovery.

Archived