Paper Luggage Tags

A2ZMOMMY

I received the luggage tags that I ordered from amazon a couple of days ago. Didn't tell DH at the time I ordered. He saw me open the package and said "what is that?" I told him that I had ordered the luggage tags, and he doesn't have to worry about finding the tape and doing that project anymore :) He said, oh, good! :D

I always laminate my luggage tags and put them on with cable ties. I've never had one come off.

I do also, just go to the local office supply place and spend a few bucks. I just bought a box of self laminating sheets for about $5. Never lost one of my tags...Dennis

We second the Serendipity holders. Our cruise in February will be the 6th cruise that we've used them, and they are still pristine. And pretty cheap if I remember correctly.

Bob

On our first cruise I printed and did as the instructions stated stapling them on really good - no problems whatsoever.

However, I have seen these since our last cruise and bought cruise luggage tag holders from Favors By Serendipity, they got great reviews. But if you don't want to spend extra $ you'll be fine as is or with or without packing tape, just make sure you staple them on goood at the very least.

edited to say CC won't let me add a picture nor the link, sorry. I've also seen them on Ebay from different vendors, but always got outbid.

I have used laminating sheets and this last time I just used a ton of packing tape. Works like a charm. Have never stapled. Did so good last time I had to get the scissors out to get them off when we returned.

We have never had to deal with printing our own luggage tags before and are somewhat concerned with them coming off when we hand our luggage over at check in. We are thinking of buying contact paper or self-laminating sheets to cover the tags and are wondering what others experiences have been. We are looking forward to our Carnival Glory cruise on 8/19 (celebrating our son's 9th birthday on 8/23). Thanks in advance for the input.:confused:

Hmmm,

My very first cruise, I followed the instructions provided, stapled the tags to my luggage and by the time I landed, the airline had ripped those tags off and replaced the tags with the airline tracking tags.

I'm now trying to figure out how to work this situation out for my next cruise coming up. Because I will not be carrying a stapler with me just to attach the tags after landing at the airport.

I do think the nice folks at the Carnival arrival desk at the airport will be so kind as to allow their customers the use of there stapler; meaning, I could just attach them after arrival to the airport and before transport to the port without an upcharge. :D

I was concerned about this also, but what everyone has said is correct.

I follow the instructions of how to fold, etc. Then I take regular Scotch tape and wrap it around the luggage tag after it has been folded 3-way. Then I put the luggage tag under my luggage handle and staple a couple times, and they have never come off in any of the cruises that I have done.

We have never had to deal with printing our own luggage tags before and are somewhat concerned with them coming off when we hand our luggage over at check in. We are thinking of buying contact paper or self-laminating sheets to cover the tags and are wondering what others experiences have been. We are looking forward to our Carnival Glory cruise on 8/19 (celebrating our son's 9th birthday on 8/23). Thanks in advance for the input.:confused:

Hi :)

I always use strong clear packing tape that can be found at

an office supply store. I never use a staple because I do not

want to take the chance to puncture my hand, my wife's hand,

or a porters hand. I simply tape the tag all around with the packing

tape. Never had an issue, never had one come off. Can't even rip

one off & have to remove them with the teenie tiny pair of scissors

my wife brings along in her emergency sewing kit.

:)

I print ours on photo paper, put more than one tag on each bag, usually 2-4, and staple them many times. Only time I ever had a problem was the first time I printed them on regular computer paper. Good thing I had put more than one on the bags!

Hmmm,

My very first cruise, I followed the instructions provided, stapled the tags to my luggage and by the time I landed, the airline had ripped those tags off and replaced the tags with the airline tracking tags.

I'm now trying to figure out how to work this situation out for my next cruise coming up. Because I will not be carrying a stapler with me just to attach the tags after landing at the airport.

I do think the nice folks at the Carnival arrival desk at the airport will be so kind as to allow their customers the use of there stapler; meaning, I could just attach them after arrival to the airport and before transport to the port without an upcharge. :D

I've read on these boards where cruisers have said they were able to get their tags stapled on at the port. I've also seen some be advised not to attach their cruise luggage tags until after they arrive at their airport destination for the reason you stated above - I can see how having that extra tag could potentially cause confusion for airport baggage handlers.

To me, I can't see how the airport luggage handlers could NOT tell the difference between the cruise tags, and the luggage tags. Afterall, the luggage tags are much larger. Most luggage (if large) has two handles. If this is the case, put the cruise tag under one handle before you leave home, and leave the other handle for the airlines tag. I have had "both" tags under the same handle before, and never had a problem with either one coming off.

Archived